1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by RobertaGrimes, May 2, 2012.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Oh, I know you meant your comments to be in general -- I was just offering my specific experience, to show that, in my view, soulmates do exist. I also tend to think that it is when a couple are soulmates that the result of one of them dying is as devastating on the survivor as my husband's death has been and continues to be to me. It is the only explanation I can find as to why the death of a beloved spouse doesn't affect everyone the same way it has affected me.

I think "soul groups" likely exist as well, in some way -- I know I have met people with whom I had an instant feeling of affection and kinship, and often became very good friends with those people.

I wonder, if it's possible for you and your wife to be soulmates even if you are not sure that you are....regardless, as long as you love each other, you're doing all right. ;)

2. bluebird

I understand why you related your personal story, and as I said, it's true that some people are able to find some kind of love again with another partner. I am not one of those people. You may find my statement that my husband/soulmate is the only person I would ever spend my life with to be a narrow view of my life but, with all due respect, it doesn't really matter if you feel that way about it, since you are not me and are not living my life or feeling my emotions. I believe that you do feel empathy for me, but nonetheless you are not and cannot be in my place or know what this is like for me (just as I cannot know what breaking up with the woman you believe is your soulmate was/is like for you). I would just caution you against assuming that everyone is able to love again simply because you were able to do so. Maybe tobeornotbeQ will find another person to love, maybe he won't -- if it's what he wants, then I hope it happens for him. I only know that it will not be the case for me.

You believe that my husband is still here with me (in spirit, I assume). I hope beyond hope that he is, but I have no assurance of that. I don't know if there is an afterlife or not.

I know my husband better than anyone in the universe knows him, so of course I know he does/would not want me to kill myself. But consider what I want, also. I would never want to hurt my husband, nor my family, but every second I remain in this life without my husband is anguish. It isn't only about what the dead loved one wants.

I have no desire or inclination to learn anything more in this life, or to make the world a better place. I used to do and want those things, but now I simply don't care. There is no joy for me anymore in this life. I will never love anyone else again; my love for my husband of course remains, as does my love for my family, but I will never love anyone new, absolutely not in the sense of a romantic relationship, but not in any other sense either -- I will not form any new relationships/friendships of any kind. Of course my husband does/would want me to be happy, but he also knows me better than anyone else, and so he knows that I cannot be happy without him and especially when I don't even know if he still exists.

3. mac

mac senior contributor

On the last point it's always possible that we are soulmates and that our connection in this world was planned to take place when we were still in the one before this - but that's no stronger than a possibility in my mind. ;)

As for souls group members, well it would be easy to think that anyone we get on with well might be a soul group member and it may be the case. We have no idea how big a group we may come from - it could be huge, small or anything in-between but the more there are the better the chance of meeting them. We also don't know if any/many of them have incarnated in close physical and chronological proximity - if none or few have then we're less likely to encounter one another.. If they haven't then we won't!

4. bluebird

True, we don't know how large a soul-group might be, and personally I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure they exist at all, but it seems a decent possibility to me. As to whether we encounter particular soul-friends in our lives, i don't know how that is determined. As I've said before, i don't believe we "chart" our lives (even most of the major stuff), so i won't pretend to have any idea of how it works, lol.

5. Waller

Waller Senior Member

And physicists who also want money. Vibrational energies are simple mechanisms, not philosophy, nothing but simple physics.

6. mac

mac senior contributor

I also don't accept that all events are planned and orchestrated but some likely are. If that's the case there's really no certainty which were intended and which came about for reasons outside our remit or control, even if we believe they weren't. The mechanism for incarnation and the orchestration of whatever events are claimed to be part of a life-plan I have not a clue about either!

7. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hi Mac,
    Thank you for answering the questions in your post #292. I will have Mikey just add a few more comments. Mikey said life is a gift in the fact that is gives us an "opportunity" for great spiritual growth. (Increasing our vibration.) From his perspective, that is how they look at it coming here.
    Regarding life plan, again Mikey says we come with a general plan with a few key events/ situations we want to experience . Our free-will and the free-will of others changes things along the way. Our guides try to keep us somewhat on course as able. Free-will can over-ride guidance. How general is general when it comes to a life plan? Mikey told me when I first started communicating with him that my plan is love and helping others. That is it! When I look back on my life, this makes sense. I have worked in a hospital my entire life starting at age 14 as a volunteer. Besides caring for the sick and disabled with my job, I have taken care of both of my parents when they began to decline.
    My whole life has been this way! It just felt right to me. Interesting anyway!

Mikey tells me soul groups can be very large. Part of a group may choose to come together to work on experiences. Apparently it is rare for an entire group to come at once according to Mikey. Often some stay back. He also tells me we can tell who is in our group often . You just "click" well when you meet them. You have a common bond that instantly gives comfort. You can feel it. When we meet someone and it is like oil and water, Mikey says there is a reason for that. Their can be quite a difference between soul groups regarding vibration.

Soulmate to Mikey is a close / tight relationship on a soul level with many experiences shared. From his perspective, it absolutely does not have to be a romantic relationship. It can be, but it does not have to be. Your soulmate can be a child, friend, mother, father, and so on. Also, we definitely can have more than one!

The subject of suicide makes me (Carol) feel very uncomfortable. Always has. It never has felt right to me. That alone tells me something. When I get an ishy feeling in my stomach, that is a red flag! Is suicide your "plan"? I personally would never take the risk because you don't know that until you return to the afterlife according to Mikey. AND Mikey tells me generally that is absolutely NOT the case! Remember your baggage goes with you . Mikey tells me from what he sees, it is NOT pleasant. PLEASE seek help. Please try. I know how terribly hard it is to lose someone you love so! But together we are stronger!

Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

This is beautiful, Morningfog - Thank you! And welcome to our merry band!!

9. mac

mac senior contributor

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  10. mac

mac senior contributor

As we don't have science to explain the so-called spiritual dimension we are unable to know that vibrational energies are simple mechanisms. Similarly the physics of dimensions we humans aren't alive in are unknown to us and may be far from simple - we just don't know.

11. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Mac, I agree with you, trying to counsel someone out of suicide on a forum is nearly impossible. People try because they feel compelled to reach out. Personally, I do it more for my own peace of mind, knowing that I at least made an effort. The high school in my area (Buzzard's Breath, Wyoming is just me trying to be humorous), is one of the top high schools in the Illinois. Yet every other year some kid commits suicide. It's always a shock because they are often the overachievers from good, solid homes and families. The one thing they have in common is that they were all seeing psychologists/psychiatrists on an ongoing basis -- they all had some sort of chronic mental/emotional illness. If a professional who sees them face to face once a week can't help them, what chance do we?

12. Highlander

Highlander Member

Ah, but we do have the science to explain reality including the existence of other dimensions. This science has been with us since the early 20th century and it supplants classical physics mostly derived 300 or so years ago. It's called quantum physics.
    There is an aggressive denial of the facts revealed by QP in the scientific community as well as in the general population, much to the detriment of humanity, because QP reveals, among other facts, that consciousness creates reality, not the other way around.
    Google quantum physics and you can begin a study of the latest scientific knowledge. Fascinating stuff.

13. Waller

Waller Senior Member

QP adds the element of consciousness to the 'equation', the missing variable that is also the most important. Our physicists are ever so slowly coming around to the consciousness variable - how could they not when consciousness is everything? :rolleyes: - this acceptance is increasing, accelerating as the times require. Roberta speaks of this frequently on her blog which I am sure everyone reads. lol

Those that can see, see, hear, do hear, others just waft along stuck in a disappearing world of old, out-of-date definitions and concepts and strangled consciousness. One day they may look up and find that they are still stuck in that same reality, the one they have created for themselves, and find that many others are not.

14. Waller

Waller Senior Member

If you come to this forum and find information that cannot be had from professionals in related fields, then we may be the only chance that this person might have. The information is the evidence from the spirit world, the ET/IB community and about why we are really here.

Information about why people want to end their journeys, what are the actual spiritual consequences, if any, of doing so. You know of many professionals in the related fields who regularly talk to their client/patients about these matters? I don't but I have had several conversations with these professionals, and clergy, who, to a one, tell me their kitbag does not include anything of value that give someone something that will undo this emotional baggage.

They may have the information or be able to figure out the circumstances and advise their patient/clients why they believe they are suicidal but give them a complete kit to reverse it? Nope. Not until they are willing to incorporate consciousness, the creation of physical reality-illusion by it, and the truths about who we are, where we are going and why we are here.

15. mac

mac senior contributor

I didn't say what you've suggested in your first sentence. To say we have the science to explain reality is, well frankly, a bizarre assertion... Whatever quantum physics may indicate it's not known if it applies to dimensions (as in spiritual dimensions) that many don't even accept exist.

As I said earlier, we have no knowledge of the science that applies in other (so-called spiritual) dimensions. And as I've just said, many don't even know/accept that they exist anyway.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  16. janef

janef Moderator

Science and consciousness coexist. Science is "a priori" knowledge coming from the spiritual dimensions. And the spiritual dimensions come from 1Dx.
    In essence everything comes from ONE: science, consciousness, and infinity dimensions. They all coexist in harmony.

17. mac

mac senior contributor

Science for an ex-scientist isn't what you've described. I wasn't speaking about the way that the elements you've described interrelate but simply the spirit-dimension equivalents of the fundamental sciences that govern of our own world's systems, the sciences that enable our world to operate as it does.

When someone can explain just a few basic mechanisms that are found in the etheric dimension(s) I'll be listening. Pick your own, I'm not fussy....

18. mac

mac senior contributor

We're way off-topic now but I hope I'll be forgiven for briefly continuing.

To give a practical example of what I've said please consider the following. There's nothing new in unseen spirit individuals or groups apporting or asporting physical objects during mediumship seances. It's been happening for decades. But the objects are always those found in this physical dimension. Yet what would be more intriguing than receiving an object we don't recognize, something from another dimension?

Unless it's suggested that the etheric dimension has exactly similar objects to those found in this physical dimension - same plant-forms, elements etc. - then one can argue that there's likely to be something 'over there' that could be apported into this dimension that should make folk sit up and take note. Perhaps that's not happened is because the science of one is dissimilar to the science of the other dimension?

Consider also, if you will, the most fundamental issue, the elements on which our whole world is based, and presumably our galaxy. Do we know that the etheric dimensions are built from the same elements as in our Periodic Table? If not then maybe the sciences of the elements making up our world will not be found 'over there'.

19. janef

janef Moderator

mac: "Consider also, if you will, the most fundamental issue, the elements on which our whole world is based, and presumably our galaxy. Do we know that the etheric dimensions are built from the same elements as in our Periodic Table? If not then maybe the sciences of the elements making up our world will not be found 'over there'."

The Science of the elements making up our world is found right here, no need to be found 'over there.' Our Periodic Table is not the same elements of the etheric world, but are products of the elements of the etheric world. Alchemy is the chemistry of transformation, and truly exists. It is a universal law. Emergence, Convergence, and Divergence all coexist simultaneously. From Divergence comes Convergence, and then Emergence. Emergence is the transformation of etheric properties into our known fundamental elements of matter. From pre-matter came matter.

note: fwiw....The above postings are from my genius son-in-law. :)

20. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I remember reading about a young man who somehow visited his friend (who committed suicide) in a dream. He encountered the suicided friend sitting on a trestle bridge over a creek, crying and hunched in over in guilt. Right in front of them was a huge bright light and the man encouraged his friend to enter the light, but the friend was too absorbed in guilt to let himself.

That account stuck out to me, for some reason.