1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

suicide and Silver Birch teachings

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

A book I would recommend on the topic of suicide is "Stephen Lives", by Anne Puryear. There was no punishment for Stephen Puryear, beyond the punishment of seeing how it affected his family. But that made it something he deeply regretted.

2. genewardsmith

It's free with Kindle Unlimited.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm hoping folk won't have any lingering misunderstanding about this topic or any need to read a book on the subject after all the words on these various ALF pages.

Of course there was no punishment for Stephen Puryear. Neither is there, or will there be, any punishment for anyone else who ends his/her own life. Regret is understandable and whatever follows from it but that's not a punishment. Many emotions can be expected when the impact on others is seen.

But punishment should NOT be expected by anyone for herself/himself or for anyone else.

4. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Another good book is "My Son and the Afterlife" by Dr. Elise Medhaus who wrote about her son's suicide at age 19. Interestingly, there was no "gulf of separation" for Stephen Puryear or Erik Medhaus - one of the first people Eric saw was his favorite aunt.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

One swallow doesn't make a summer though..... No matter how many accounts we may read there's no certainty how any particular individual will find her/his lot when they pass from suicide. It seems to me what we should take from the accounts is:

1. None is left to fend for herself/himself and that help and support will be there.
    2. None is punished by anyone.
    3. Regret and remorse can be expected.

6. Lola Hoovler

That's true, but I think people new to this will find some comfort from reading about these 2 boys, since for a long time, the thoughts on suicide were downright scary.

7. genewardsmith

I forgot I had this in my Audible library. Time to take a listen!

8. Lola Hoovler

An even better one is "My Life After Death" which was written by Erik through Jaime Butler, a famous American channeler. His description of the life review is the best I've ever heard. He had mental health issues when he was alive, and he tells how these were dealt with after his death. He goes into great detail about many things.

9. genewardsmith

Thanks, Lola.

10. Lola Hoovler

No problem. I know most people would probably love this book. You just have to get by what his mother calls "the colorful language" he used here and still does. No one over there seems to care about it, and it doesn't bother me at all, but I'm just warning people in case they get "offended." He's really a sweet, caring and wonderful kid who loves to help people.