1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

suicide and Silver Birch teachings

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh that's lovely to hear, Lola. :) I found it probably the most illuminating book I've ever read.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm looking to see if I can find a way to buy a copy but avoid the usual high postage and packing charge. In the UK Amazon often offers £0.99 delivery charge (about $1.20) for small items such as books that can be sent through regular letter post via our Post Office. (similar to as USPS here)

3. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

OK - I'll look. Thanks, Mac.;

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I might seem a tight wad (you know that description in the US?) but I do resent being charged the $5.99 Amazon wanted to send the book and I don't want to spend $25 to get 'free' postage!

5. Lola Hoovler

That's ridiculous. Six dollars to send a book? I can't understand why you wouldn't want to pay $25 to get free postage (only kidding). I got mine at a garage sale over the summer - I lucked out. Nobody except me wanted anything to do with it

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I suppose Amazon hase to make profit in some way! You did well to find your copy. On a totally unrelated issue, I wonder why Americans say "luck out" when they mean they were in luck, had been lucky? o_O We do the opposite and say 'out of luck' when things haven't worked out.

Divided by a common language, eh? :D:p (As Canucks like to finish most sentences, it seems!)

7. Lola Hoovler

I miss the Canucks. I've been around them for most of my life. They would come down here to Saratoga County to work because the pay scale was higher, but the government put a stop to all that and they virtually disappeared. As far as Amazon goes, they are billionaires, so I guess they are making a profit big time!

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I've returned to this posting after some thought - I'm also hoping we'll shortly have additional input on the subjects covered on the book's pages. ;)

The way that at least some suicide is explained suggests we need to understand more about it before we pronounce on its apparently-negative spiritual effect, even if temporary. And if deaths from cancers and dementias are indeed being chosen by more and more souls for the experiences they bring, for the spiritual 'Brownie points' that accrue from them, our society deserves to understand why.

If we did, however, better understand why such deaths had been chosen and the reasons, would it then result in a lessening of the intended/hoped-for spiritual progress of everyone impacted by such deaths, a 'Catch 22' type of situation? o_O

9. Lola Hoovler

This is a quote from Baptista's book about suicide:

...."your planet has huge hang ups about suicide and these perceptions need to be changed. If your loved one took his or her life, rest assured they are being cared for and learning in amazing ways."

It then goes on to say that many suicides are done by contract and that they are "special souls" who are not newbies. I don't know quite what to make of this, but clearly the subject of suicide carries a lot of unnecessary fear about what happens to suicides in the afterlife.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

agreed

On a different topic recently I raised a point about babies and young children continuing to 'grow up' in spirit into adulthood. It's been said that there are indeed children being looked after and growing up in a similar way to how they would have grown up in our physical world but I'm confident from other guidance that's not always the situation. But parents need to be reassured their children aren't gone forever and are taken care of. And those who have lost loved ones to suicide need clear guidance on how they also are taken care of.

A detailed understanding may not be possible for everyone but some of the 'scare stories' about suicide need moderating in my view - unless we are still misunderstanding the true situation. o_O

In passing I also want to say I find strange the use of the word 'contract' to express an arrangement between souls to be involved in that particular course of action in life. I get the meaning but find the choice of word somewhat incongrous.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019