1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

suicide and Silver Birch teachings

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Yes, please don't hold your breath because things are getting worse in that regard, not better. There are more and more people requiring help now but for various reasons such as overpopulation, an insufficient amount of qualified people, and financial stresses (to name only a few), there are fewer people actually looking for help. To make matters worse, people are given prescription drugs that often have nasty side effects, and when they start to feel better, they stop taking them. Most of the time, this has a bad outcome

Concerning the afterlife, I still can't get myself to believe that people who commit suicide would be shunned or admonished in any way as that would be ignorance, and I am sticking to Mikey's explanation (which echoes that of Silver Birch) that a delay in their progression would likely occur due to their emotional issues. In no way am I advocating suicide, but I certainly can understand why the thought might occur to a person in certain circumstances. Some people are just much more sensitive than others

baob likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

bang on - We each are such complex and highly-differing individuals, a subject for another discussion as to why that is, how many incarnate with a clean slate compared with those who bring their earlier woes along with them. And how much of our characters as individuals is down to our uniqueness and how much is down to genetic/family/soul group origins?

3. Lola Hoovler

It's a combination. Many people bring their past baggage (or earlier woes) with them. Combine that with a dysfunctional family that they may be born into. and you have (as we say here in the US) an accident waiting to happen. Some act out by committing crimes and others commit suicide. Something inside them "doesn't feel right" and they are clueless as to what it is. Giving them prescription drugs and sending them on their way is not the answer, and organized religions are usually of no help. If they could be made to understand about the influence of past lives etc., this would all improve, but that ain't gonna happen, at least not in my lifetime.

4. baob

baob New Member

Hi mac, because of you asking, I have to find the source. Reread "My View from Heaven" by Sarina Baptista as told by J. T. Baptista. Now I realized his message makes so much sense so that I am attaching the whole chapter for your reference.

Attached Files:

5. Lola Hoovler

This was a phenomenal book which I read in September. Like Mikey, Sarina's son JT was a high level spirit who died of a mysterious flu like illness and is in contact with his mother to help others..

6. mac

mac Staff Member

thanks, baob - It seems both you and Lola loved the book. For anyone interested here's a link to Roberta's interview with Sarina Baptista:Internet Talk Radio | Sarina Baptista Talks About Her Son’s Book, My View From Heaven | WebTalkRadio.net

7. Lola Hoovler

It was a good interview. Thanks for sending it - I recommend reading the book, though, for lots more details. It isn't a large one, only about 150 pages. It resonates a lot with others I have read, but with some additional material that is new to me. She (Sarina) is also a very accessible person and invites readers to contact her with any questions.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

9. Lola Hoovler

Mac: Also finished Soul Trek. Wonderful doesn't even come close in describing it.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased to hear you liked it, Lola. It's one of many Roberta has in her extensive list of interviews, all of which can be found (with links) here on the ALF website. I haven't yet listed the 2019 interviews so there may be another with Sarina Baptista from this year.