1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

suicide and Silver Birch teachings

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Dec 15, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

This is for Mikey to answer but I'd like to offer the following for your consideration, David. This is an issue that has divided even those who are much persuaded by the guidance of teacher, Silver Birch. As things began to look ominous in the period before World War, 2 Silver Birch was asked in one of his regular seance Q&A sessions whether war would break out. His answer was no and we all know how wrong that answer was!

It's been argued the ideas of his medium, Maurice Barbanell, had colored SB's 'channeled' communication over this point leading to a wrong 'prediction'. You have to judge for yourself whether this guide could have been wrong or whether there was coloration of his message by the medium.

My personal approach is that no spiritual guide is omniscient and that we should always exercise caution when listening to guidance from any of them, accepting only what does not offend our reason. That doesn't mean we think they're wrong about certain issues but only that we're not confident they're right. ;) That approach is one which could reasonably be applied to all mediumistic ('channeled') communication.

2. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Thank you for that input mac,for me I tent to think that a spirit guide cannot be wrong about anything, say for example mikey was definitely wrong about the Stonehenge subject ,it then throws into doubt everything about the carol and mikey connection as to whether it's the real thing, I see it like a domino effect if one falls knocks the next one down then they all fall.excuse my spellings please

3. mac

mac Staff Member

No worries about your spelling, David. :) I don't see avdomino effect. For me it's just one issue in isolation provided the bulk of what anyone says feels essentially OK.

I'm ALWAYS, without exception, chary of heeding predictions such as the one by Silver Birch. I approach those issues that there is no single future so for EVERY predictions it's someone's best guess. That guess may be based on a vastly more well-informed perspective than we humans can ever have but it's not a fixed future that some privileged individual can see.

As for the past well I'm unsure how that works for our unseen, discarnate friends. We're told everything about everything is recorded in the so-called Akashic Records and if that's true then I would assume that those able to access these records ought to be able to see exactly what happened in our earth past time. Failing that it's not clear how else any discarnate would know for sure what happened in earth's distant past.

What I'd like to know for certain - if anyone can access these records - is exactly what was the purpose of the dinosaurs, those absurd creatures who disappeared so abruptly in geological terms. Also whether our scientists' theories about asteroid impact wiping them out is accurate. What was their purpose in spiritual terms?

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Hi again mac,I'm.not sure the asteroid theory is correct for sure about the dinosaurs ,then I'm thinking maybe it was correct and its part of the bigger plan that's of course if there is a plan.As for mikey some of the answers mikey gives dont really explain the answer to the question well.take for example if I was to ask carol about mikeys past lives as in detail names, dates, places ,just general stuff of someones life, would he come back to carol with that information?I guess theres only one way to find out and I will ask in due time.

5. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I think expecting a spirit guide to be always right about the future is asking too much. Perhaps the same is true of the distant past.

Storybud68 likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh I'm not contending the theory is wrong or right, David - I have no idea but it sounds plausible. But somewhere, someone will know the actuality of the situation. Maybe we'll get to find out after we pass over but maybe we'll get to find out only a little more because those we're gonna meet won't be much more spiritually advanced than we are - otherwise we wouldn't be able to be with them.

I'm sure it was all part of a plan because I don't entertain for one moment that this whole universe just blinked into existence by coincidence or mistake.

It's an interesting subject the way mediumship works, how information is communicated from discarnate through an incarnate and then to others. Asking questions of Mikey about his previous lives might or might not bring answers you could relate to but my guess woud be that he wouldn't really want to and that there really wouldn't be much point in so doing. After all how would any of us be able to relate to any of that information anyway and what possible value could it have? Past lives are just that - lives that have passed and any value is mostly for the one(s) who experienced them.

But don't be put off by me - I'm just sayin'.....

7. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

That is true mac about mikey possibly not being happy giving out information like names ,dates,places,I suppose the way I was thinking it would just validate Carol's experiences with him more as I I'm still a bit sceptical,but like you said it's a similar thing with mediums, thank you for taking g time to write back such informative replys,Cheers.David

8. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Baob: While it's true that Silver Birch said you would create a gulf, he also went on to say that this was because there would be a period of adjustment we would have to make. He also said that each case is different and mentioned "mitigating circumstances" etc. There are hundreds of reasons why people commit suicide. The period of adjustment could be long or short, depending on the specific person. So it sounds like he meant that the period of adjustment would temporarily separate us, but he didn't say it would be forever.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

You're very welcome, David - I'm always happy to respond to anyone's interest in such subjects.

On the theme of mediumship, if you're not already following Roberta's weekly weblog you might be interested to learn she's just been writing about: Evidential Mediumship - Roberta Grimes

Storybud68 likes this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

great points, Lola :) It shows how important it is not to take things out of context.