1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Suddenly feeling more sure

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Katieb1992, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Katieb1992

Katieb1992 New Member

after an absolutely dreadful couple of weeks suffering with anxiety over death and dying and feeling like I was stuck in a rut completely never to come back out I spent some time reading up on deathbed visions, accounts from hospice nurses, breifly looked back at nde’s, and obe’s aswell as astral projection and for some reason I feel so much more calm than I did. I haven’t lost anyone close to me (and hopefully won’t for a good while) so I haven’t had any experience of these things in person (apart from being told about my friends dads obe).
    I posted last week in desperation and for a lead .. for help in how I could feel so sure like some of you here and I just wanted to check back and say I’m feeling much better :)

2. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

I'm pleased to hear you're feeling better, Katie. :)

3. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Good. I find it uplifting to read about evidence for an afterlife. It helps to lift my perspective out of the day-to-day mundane world, and it assures me that death isn't the end.

After many years of reading that type of material, I'm not a doubter anymore. The evidence is just overwhelming.

4. Katieb1992

Katieb1992 New Member

Thanks :) anything else you can suggest for me to have a read up on? I’m so glad I can talk about all this here, most of my family members are of the ‘when you die, you’re just worm food’ camp which is probably why I had such a hard time coming to my own conclusion x

5. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

Did you find anything helpful in the various suggestions I made a week ago in your other thread? I won't mind if you say you didn't. :)

6. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

There are two main approaches to this. One is to understand the philosophical arguments for a belief in God. This usually falls in the category of Christian apologetics. Given this forum's mixed/negative feelings about Christianity, as well as my own uncertainty about whether you're interested in the philosophical argument approach, I won't go farther. If you are interested, PM me, and I can point you toward the best I know of. I've been surprised at the high-quality stuff available on Youtube.

The other route is to look at general evidence for the afterlife. This can come in many forms -- NDEs, mediums, apparations, reincarnation, etc. In my opinion, the most solid evidence comes from NDEs -- not single accounts, but scientific studies of hundreds of NDE accounts, done by people with solid research credentials and a scientific background. Heading Towards Omega, by Kenneth Ring, is my personal favorite. If you want to see the skeptics' alternative explanations for NDEs (e.g., oxygen deprivation) dismantled by a medical professional, see Evidence of the Afterlife, by Jeffrey Long & Paul Perry.

If you want a more general overview of the evidence -- not just NDEs, but psychics, etc. -- my favorite books in that category are Science and the Afterlife Experience, by Chris Carter, and The Last Frontier, by Julia Assante.

Amore likes this.