1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggles- pre planned or am I off track?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Sarah, May 9, 2017.

1. lovehim

lovehim Member

I needed to see this post today. Thank you!

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thanks Roberta, I am glad you said that. Although life seems to unfold before me, I still get worried about things. I am getting better at not worrying when I read this forum! When I do the worrying I feel like I am focusing on the wrong thing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Sometimes I feel like that. That is why I don't know why I worry about things. It is such a useless way to spend my time. Does your life seem to unfold before you?

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

What makes you hold that view?

5. bluebird

I didn't mean what makes you in the sense of any god or some sort of being actually making you -- I meant why do you hold that view, what experiences or evidence or information did you find relevant that led to you having that view. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

6. bluebird

Yep, thanks. ;)

7. bluebird

I don't understand life at all, though I suppose I view some life events as happening to me, and others happening as a result of my own actions.

lovehim likes this.
  8. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I used to go to psychics, including my late wife, for "predictions" and emotional support/help. I finally came to accept that life is not supposed to be predictable or "planned". I am supposed to take my chances, run my risks, do my best and be HAPPY with what shows up in my life. I am not always "happy" about everything but more and more happy with MOST things in my short, temporary life. If I "planned" all of this - SO WHAT? I'm 80 now and wish I had been this courageous and carefree years ago. Living by chance and faith is TERRIFIC and ever so thrilling and interesting rather than living in FEAR of an uncertain future, etc. Its my life and I'm gonna just live it! Good luck, jim

kim marine likes this.