1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Storms and weather in the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by FunnelVortex, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I am a huge storm lover and weather nerd.

I mean, I love storms and weather with a burning passion. It's actually one of my goals to become a meteorologist and a storm chaser after I graduate from high school.

I have heard many different ideas on what the afterlife might be like, one of them being the 'Focus Levels'. But the idea around here is that we go to some sort of summer land where it is the same conditions of every summerland hour of every summerland day... Boring...

Yes, I know, I can wish something up there, but I would hate to ruin someone else's fun there just because I want to see a thunderstorm, tornado, hurricane, or blizzard (yes, I am that big of a weather geek).

Is there a stormyland (lol) of some sort where the weather behaves like it naturally does on Earth?

Also, 77 degrees is a little warm for me...

2. Celera

Celera Active Member

Good grief, I hope it isn't 77 degrees! That's a little warm for me too.

I'm sure there's a way to experience what one wants without disturbing other residents -- I imagine the Summerland must be a pretty big place. :) I know what you mean -- there is something about the power of nature that is quite thrilling, although it is also very sad to see the danger and loss it can bring to those caught in its path. As a meteorologist perhaps you will learn more about how to predict or manage things like hurricanes or tornadoes so they do less harm.

3. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Welcome to the Forums FunnelVortex!
    Rumor has it if you want to experience different types of weather or a storm when you pass over into Heaven, you can! No worries! Just know the "clean up" is much easier to handle there! :)
    Carol

4. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

Welcome, fellow kindred spirit, lol. I, too, absolutely love cool and rainy weather, and vehemently despise nothing but sunny and warm weather. If I could have my ideal afterlife environment, I'd have it raining or overcast 90% of the time.

5. Eww, do you live in Seattle or what, Bruce? lol No thanks on rain and overcast 90% of the time.

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm presuming you mean 77 degrees Fahrenheit? There are other temperature scales out here in the real world of metric units.... ;) As you're planning the career you've suggested, it might be as well starting to use the units the rest of the world already uses rather than Imperial ones from pre-history!

And, no, the 'weather' isn't what you might think 'over there' as it's not a planet with an environment to match.

7. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

No, I live in the oven called California, which seems to have an anti-rain shield around it 364 days a year. I've had my fill of stupid sun and heat. I spend my winters in NYC whenever I can, to get away from that stupid crap.

8. mac

And I do the opposite choosing in AZ - I'm sick of cloud, gloom, damp and rain for the remainder of the year. I guess we none of us is properly appreciative of our situations....

9. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

Well, I'll just have to remember never to invite you to "my" afterlife, then. :p

10. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

I prefer 77 and sunny.:D

11. I don't like hot weather either. Too fat for that now.

I love the sun in the winter, but in the summer it could be overcast all the time and that would suit me just fine.

12. I agree!!!

13. You like 77-year-old men?

Sounds like you're looking for a sugar daddy. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd love to have a good woman to take care of me. Unfortunately, most of them are already taken.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  14. I'll have a piece of that.

Autumn colours, cool crisp breeze, no snow but not hot. I'm down with that.

15. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear FunnelVortex, we find scattered through our nearly 200 years of afterlife evidence repeated references to the concept of weather as entirely personal. People who like snow can have it (our beloved Mikey still snowboards!). Although the default setting seems to be bright, diffuse light and a mid-seventies kind of feel, there also are descriptions of sunsets, nights with what appear to be stars, and so on. Never fear, dear friend - whatever you want, you can have it simply by giving it a thought!

16. mac

no thanks - I'll have had more-than-enough of that stuff by the time I kick my clogs - I already feel like I've had enough! ;)

17. mac

Just as it is is AZ right now! perfect :D

18. I went on a bike ride yesterday. It was 45 degrees fahrenheit, sunny, no wind, the woods had that intoxicating aroma of decaying leaves, and I was the only one there. It was Heaven.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic