1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Spiritual Healing

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Celera, Sep 14, 2013.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, Roberta. In that case, that makes sense to some degree. However, it isn't universal or 100% -- if it were, i would be dead, like i want, as i hope and pray for literally every day.

2. Jesse85uk

Jesse85uk New Member

Great post Roberta, that really explains the concept nicely IMO.

I think that nothing that we experience in life is an absolute, but rather a infinite change of mind-energy.

A beginning and ending to things is based on the concept of dualism and dichotomy....both human constructs. We see death as an ending, but it's only an ending to the human ego which is a delusion to start with.

I guess a lot of the confusion comes from our terminologies....people think that when you talk about mind creating your reality..etc. you are referring to the human general sense of awareness/consciousness or the human self/ego.

Many people think you're crazy in saying "you create your reality" because we are stuck in the belief that the human self is the REAL self. It's not an illusion but rather a delusion.

As you say, we are all part of/are that of a greater mind (some people call it God, but I understand some aren't comfortable with that) or level of consciousness and our collective beliefs not the individual have the power to change the reality we experience.

The problem is, we are all so divided in our beliefs, opinions and perspectives which is why we have war, famine and a lot of conflict in the world.

Perhaps we need a certain amount of conflict to learn our true essence of being, but we are really at conflict with ourselves and the more we ignore other people and see them as separate the more we end up harming ourselves in the long run.

In my current thinking/understanding, there is only ONE soul and only ONE mind that exists - and we (the human) are all just actors playing the part that mind creates. Each of us is contained within that mind and part of it, there is no separation other than the one we created. Like a brain cell in one big brain.

It's a very difficult concept to explain and get your head around because it requires a separation of the human ego and people have trouble getting around that.
    Our language and our ability to describe these concepts is still very much limited to the language of duality - that we are all separate and everything is divided into good and bad, black and white..blah blah blah.

I think it's fascinating that Jesus alluded to a lot of this stuff, but unfortunately has been grossly misinterpreted to fit into a certain religious dogmas. As far as I know, Jesus never described god as a person or something separate from himself....he simply describe God as being the father or the greater self. Duality is the real illusion.

I agree that my thinking isn't going to change the world....I can't turn water into wine, but I can change my perceptions of the world around me and choose to look at things differently.

Perhaps if everyone did that collectively, the world would be a very different place - many diseases are due to things we as humans created, either through neglect or greed.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem as they say.

Example; Many cancers are caused from excess oxidation and free radical damage to the body or environmental factors - and what fights free radicals and oxidation damage? nutrients....where do we get nutrients? from food...where do we get food? from nature (plants and animals..etc.) - what do we do to nature? we abuse and pollute it by trying to control everything the way we want it so we can make more profits.....greed.

Another example: we spray crops with chemicals to kill bugs right? Why do bugs eat the crops? because the plants are weakened (they have an immune system like we do and naturally have their own pesticides if they are healthy)....why are the crops weakened?....because we kill the nutrients in the soil to keep the plants healthy and able to produce their own defenses against the bugs in the first place. So as you see, we're back to square one and stuck in a vicious circle....it's down to our greed and neglect to the world around us that we allow it to go on and the longer it goes on, the more suffering there will be.

I'm not saying everything is as clear cut as that, but if you really think about it, A LOT of these things are a result of what we have done to ourselves collectively.

You may not be able to change the world as a whole, but you do have control over the immediate world around you and that comes with your attitude to other people and the way you choose to act as a person.

3. I don't mean to challenge what you do, vic, and I believe that in one way or another it is good and helpful.

I just don't understand this topic as well as I usually like to understand things.

4. Jesse, I was just thinking I hadn't seen a post from you in a little while, glad you're still around!

I think our only debate on the power of Mind is a matter of extent. As Carol notes, some people feel sick in spite of lacking physical symptoms, but their suffering is real to them. Some people have real strokes or cancer or malaria -- but their mind still can have a powerful effect on the course of that illness as well as on their well-being while they are ill.

Perhaps if we really knew how to fully access the power of our minds, we could heal cancer and mend broken legs, or avoid these things from afflicting us at all. Most of us aren't there, yet, is all.

5. I have thought about this too. Not to mention applying to other facets of our lives, such as marital problems, financial problems, etc.

I wonder if it's even possible. Maybe it's not, nor should it be. If the "human" mind ever got to be that powerful, people would be using it to "get out of problems" that we may have chosen for ourselves. What kind of a school would the Earth be at that point?

6. That is a really good point. I can think of at least 10 things I would do immediately, 9 of which I'm sure I would regret.

This reminds me of a watching the Actor's Studio recently, James Gandolfini was being interviewed. The interviewer asks, "If there is a Heaven, what would you like God to say to you when you get there?" His answer, "Take over for a minute, I'll be right back..."