1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Spirits not realizing they have died or been killed

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by JCM, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

1. JCM

JCM New Member

Recently, I read about a medium who told investigators that a missing child was dead but that he had not yet come to realize he had died. This, no pun intended, has haunted me as being doubly tragic. Wouldn't someone--even someone who died suddenly or violently--realize right away that their family could no longer interact with them? Wouldn't at some point they recognize their families' grief and any search efforts? One would think that in such cases there would be spirit guides orienting the young one who went through such a trauma. I find the thought chilling because it suggests an uncaring universe even after we die.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Who is this medium that you speak of? Normally children transition quite easily from the earth realm towards the afterlife regardless of how they’ve died.

In any event, when we cross over upon dying we initially transition into the astral realm. The astral realm is where we go when we dream, visit our deceased loved ones, spiritual guides, and other entities. Shortly afterwards, we are guided to the ‘afterlife’. Most folks transition comfortably into the afterlife, but there are some who may need more advanced guidance getting from the astral towards there. Chilren rarely are one of those folks. I suggest you re-evaluate your sources.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 2:06 AM
  3. kim

kim Active Member

Is the astral realm visited by folks during an NDE? I had a hard time trying to figure out where I was. I thought I was on the earth, because it looked just like the earth, but it didn't seem or feel, to me personally, like the earth.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Yes Kim,

You were in the Astral Realm.

5. kim

kim Active Member

Thanks poeticblue. I think you've told me before. Please forgive me for asking again. My memory is not very good!