1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Worlds

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Sixthsense, Jul 10, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Member

Spiritual dimensions are infinite. I experienced some kinds of "other dimensions" when I experienced an NDE and was unconscious from a serious accident.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  2. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Re: the nature of the spiritual dimension:
    I just remembered a visionary experience I had many, many years ago. I was writing a short story and was sitting at my parents' kitchen table trying to come up with a somewhat supernatural experience for my character to have at that point in the plot. I was getting nowhere and decided to try meditating on it, but the second I closed my eyes, I was a sentient point in outer space! I could see in every direction to infinity and space seemed to exist on a grid of lines of energy. Bright points of light sped along the grid and when two of them intersected, a crystalline structure formed and then melted away in seconds. A closer look showed symbolic objects within the crystal.

Shock made my eyes fly open at that point and I will forever regret not staying in that strange matrix to learn more about it. It was unlike the Summerland level that I long to return to, but it was familiar to me too. I'm an artist and have tried to paint what I saw, but nothing in 2 dimensions can ever capture that shimmering energy matrix or the infinite worlds, nebulae and galaxies it contained. I have a feeling it was important in nudging me toward astronomical art, but where/who it came from, I have no idea. Haven't thought of the experience in ages...

Unexpected and Nirvana like this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I wish I had such recall of such events. As I read your words I 'saw' much of the detail you described but whether my 'seeing' is anywhere near close to what you experienced I don't know.

It's a different situation, I realise, but on occasion in a dream I have experienced detail similar to your crystalline structure example. As I focused in my dream state I could 'zoom' in on minute details and they became sharper, more vivid and with amazingly clear colors. The detail became larger and more intense the more I zoomed in on them.

Maybe that's just the usual business of dreams but that process of focus and zooming isn't something routine for me. My dream recall is usually of a jumble of 'stuff' from my day-to-day life, with few clear details.

Unexpected and Widdershins3 like this.
  4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

My recall is usually pretty poor, especially for a very brief event that happened 50 years ago. But that startling couple of seconds was so unexpected and, well...immense, that I wrote it down immediately, right in the manuscript in front of me. Then I began to try to paint what I'd seen, reflecting again and again on what I'd seen. As a result, I can still see it, decades later. Not sure what region of reality I was in, but at the time I was nursing a cold cup of coffee and hadn't consumed any alcohol or even cold meds. And it's never happened again, even once, in all the times I've meditated. All I can figure out is that my guides meant me to see that at that moment in time. Perhaps I wouldn't have ended up specializing in astronomical art without its impact on me. Not sure of the what or the why of it...

5. mac

Maybe the what and the why of it are because it's what you'd arranged to happen here, arranged before you ever set baby foot in this dimension. ;) A prompt made in the past by yourself, from yourself, for yourself in another incarnation. Maybe such an instance is one small part of a so-called life plan? food for thought, perhaps?

6. kim marine

kim marine Member

The accident I was in caused me to have a head injury, and what I experienced during the time I was unconscious seemed like ages. The Highest Power desired that I tell others about my experience and His love displayed. I asked, "How will I be able to remember anything that happened?" Telepathically He said that the Holy Eternal Spirit would be communicating with me during my life on the earth. He has been doing that so far for the last 34 years.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Does that mean that every event that happened is happening now? and can be experienced again if I wanted to?

8. kim marine

kim marine Member

I believe that every event that happened is happening now, and since this is the place where Christ lives does that mean everything is complete on this plane of life? All we need to do is follow the invisible knowledge inside us in order to mature spiritually and grow up in the realm of eternal life?

9. mac

Wouldn't it be more the following?

IF every event that happened is happening now then you would be - you are right now - in a state of still experiencing those events - somewhen. Because you participated in them (at a point we mistakenly see as the past) then by definition you are participating in them right at this point, a point we mis-classify as now.

If so, what does all that really mean in 'real-life' terms? Does 'real life' even mean anything anyway? And if it is so, what meaning can it have for what we've termed 'spiritual progression'? Progression implies moving from one state of progress to another point. We think of it occurring in linear time. If, as Roberta suggests: "...time does not objectively exist, which means that anything that ever exists, always exists." it must mean we've always existed hence are always fully spiritually progressed.

I can buy that.....

edit: If any of the above is anything like right then perhaps all we're here for is to experience how it feels when consciously we are unaware of the true situation? If that were the case changing the dynamic of ignorance vs. knowledge about that situation would change the experience we get.

Would that matter, I wonder? Perhaps the dynamic has always been changing and will eventually be reversed compared with how it currently is? Enlightenment for all or most, the minority not knowing, the majority aware?

Maybe that's the illusion versus the reality of life; what 'all this' is really about?

But why would that be? Perhaps more significantly is the question does there have to be a 'why'? Asking 'why' is what we do when we're in a state of ignorance.

There doesn't necessarily have to be a 'why' concerning life, death et al. No reason, it just is what it is.....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM
  10. kim marine

kim marine Member

I don't know what 'death et al. means', but I couldn't agree with you more.