1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

spirit flying in an orb

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Scott, Aug 21, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Interesting marmaldecat..... From recent experience and research I have come to the conclusion that life is stranger than fiction... not that I believe everything I see, hear or read, but there are a lot of things that cannot be explained OR denied.

2. Highlander

Highlander Member

Well now Jane..Thank you for calling my contributions "drivel", which my dictionary defines as "letting saliva or mucous (i.e. snot) flow from the mouth or nose". I have never had such a high accolade attributed to my writing. :cool:

3. katarina

katarina New Member

marmaladecat- have you ever posted your experiences about your ghost hunt on here? I would be interested in hearing about it- did you see or experience anything that made you feel that something 'otherwordly' was happening? Where was it, if you don't mind me asking? It's something I wouldn't mind experiencing myself someday. We were just talking about this topic at work recently, with some thinking that all ghostly phenomenon could be explained by some kind of natural causes and a couple of people saying they'd had their own experiences which they felt had no natural explanation. Interesting topic, anyways!

4. janef

janef Moderator

Well, you are undefinable.... the best I could do! Lol... :p

5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

No worries. I remember you from a year ago. You were very kind yet blunt. Things get mis-interpreted.

Highlander is the same way. You both oughtta love one another.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Well said.

7. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Marmaladecat is awesome...and so are other members on this forum. Please get to know them first before biting your tongue (I.e. Highlander)

You seem very blunt with your posts as well as the rest of us. Welcome to the family by the way :)

However there are certain issues that need to be resolved (if that ever will happen) . You can rest assure that not all of us consider responding to a post a popularity contest.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  8. janef

janef Moderator

So true. :)

9. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

I think this to be the case too, especially when it comes to certain personal experiences. It's always sensible to try and rule out any natural causes where you can, but once these have been eliminated, one is left with the possibility that these occurrences might have another origin which cannot be fully explained by current scientific tests/ methods (yet).

10. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

I have posted bits and pieces about the ghost hunt. It was organised by a private group ( from another spiritual forum, no longer active) to visit and investigate Ruthin Gaol in Wales overnight. There was a medium ( site owner) and about 10 forum members involved. It was an interesting experience! :)

11. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Hi Katarina,

I've copied and pasted part of my experience at Ruthin Gaol from the forum I used to participate in. I've edited names with an * for privacy reasons. Other members also gave their personal accounts although I don't think I can print here for copyright reasons. The vigil was in early 2006.

"I found the vigil a great experience. The energy of the group was high and very positive, which was helped by the initial grounding and protection of the group led by *

We split off into small groups, I went with * and 2 other participants into the basement area and cells where initially it felt very quiet. I went into a couple of cells on my own and felt that the atmosphere was fairly light. However I did feel at one point feel as though a slightly denser energy moved through me when I asked for evidence of any spirit energies about.

The two ladies in my group also reported draining of batteries (torch) in one area of the basements (near the toilets). This happened a few times I believe.
    Overall though we felt that there was not much activity happening at that particular time in this area.

Our next vigil was outside in the excercise yard, where again we did not notice much activity at the time.

Upstairs in the Upper cell area definately had a different atmosphere and felt much richer in terms of extra energies. On climbing the stairs to the upper cell level, our group all experienced a slight feeling of dizziness/nausea? and a denser atmosphere surrounding us.
    We investigated some of the cells individually and although we did not pick up anything substantial, there was a different atmosphere experienced to that of the basement area.

On the main landing * asked for evidence of Spirit and our group was surprised to feel a breeze picking up around us where none was felt before. It had a distinctive chill which seemed to lap around our lower bodies and around our hands.
    * believed that maybe female interaction would help provide some more response, so I also asked for some evidence of spirit to be provided. We had some knocks or raps in answer to our questions which intrigued us. We also all heard what seemed like a metallic rattle of keys above us as well as taps on the glass partition dividing the landing.

At one point, the two ladies in our group rushed back in surprise and exclaimed that they heard an audible voice or breathing aimed towards them.
    The sensation of this chilled breeze moving in between all of us was very interesting and when we asked if evidence could be provided by way of touch, one of our group said she felt her hand was touched.

I had a bit of an embarrasing moment when I thought I saw an apparition gliding across the room , only to discover it was * behind us being reflected in the partition glass. I'm afraid to say I did an yvette (Most Haunted) and let out a scream (not too blood curdling I hope!) and made the two ladies in our group jump and dash for the exit!
    The groups then split up into some individual vigils, I went with *, *, *, * and *to the basement area as well as back to the upper cell landing.

* picked up on very interesting temperature readings and rapid changes in readings which seemed to coincide with asking for evidence. There were also red flashes picked up around * as well as group sensations of water around our feet and the sensation of feeling like we were all on a boat.

At one point I also noticed a shadowy shape behind * which she seemed very aware of as she felt something was touching her when asking for evidence of survival.

We also had strong smells which were picked up. * picked up on pipe(tobacco) smoke.

The evening/night vigil went very well with all the groups picking up information. * also took some amazing pictures which showed very visible misty white shapes in the shots. I am really looking forward to seeing these images on the site. I found the experience very intriguing and I am looking forward to investigating some more on the next vigil."

12. MalMac56

MalMac56 Member

Thanks (I think).
    Pictures of Orbs irk me, I really should not reply to those threads.
    I try, believe me but sometimes I just can't help myself. :D

13. mac

mac host

Some of the most striking examples of images in orbs that I've seen were achieved by the researchers involved in the so-called Scole Experiment. It's not my specialty but some of them may be found in Robin Foy's book about the Scole years. Those interested in orbs might find it interesting reading. Many striking photographs were also produced and the book may show some of them.

[I hasten to add that I'm not promoting that book in any sense, have no involvement or interest in it, and haven't even read it.]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  14. MalMac56

MalMac56 Member

I've watched the documentary about the Scole Experiments, it was interesting BUT..
    I can show you how to make a convincing 'flying orb' by filming the video through glass, all you need to do is shine a small light on the glass, move it around so it looks like it's 'flying.
    For the final touches you then do a bit of editing and filtering with Sony Vegas.

It's best done by filming through a window from the outside - this way it looks like the 'orb' is flying around inside your house.

I believe there are orbs around, I've seen one myself back in the 80's with my own eyes. (at least I believe it was an orb).
    But photo's and video's are just too easy to fake.
    A camera will only pick up what we can see, it doesn't have any magical powers to detect something that's not there.
    If it could, don't you think there would be other things seen in photo's besides orbs?

15. mac

mac host

Remote from the experiment as it was evolving we're looking back - if anyone is actually looking at all - without much context and maybe, for some, without any background support knowledge of physical mediumship. It's a tiny snapshot of a long-running production, like photographing a split-second of a stage performance and thinking you know everything that happened based on that.

Although I am bitter about the failure of the experiment I try to be even-handed about certain of the results. There was no digital imaging in those times. Photos were film photos and although they can be manipulated my view is that they weren't, based on my following of their activities throughout the whole time. All anyone has now are historical accounts.

16. MalMac56

MalMac56 Member

I think the Scole Experiment was interesting, it makes you think at least.

The point I'm trying to make is orb photo's/video's can easily be faked so I wouldn't place
    much trust in the legitimacy of them.
    Here's a video which shows how easily it can be done, myself I would have used a different
    light but at least it shows how easy it can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rQTYbtTkw

17. mac

mac host

I absolutely agree about faking.

Recently there was a major concern and much heated discussion about the possible faking of phenomena by one or more widely-known international practitioners. What needs to be taken into account is the overall context of such events. Although one may be convinced that fakery has indeed taken place it doesn't mean all phenomena (or images etc.) are fakery. It's all to easy to throw out the baby with the bath water.

What matters most to this seeker, however, is not arguing about fakery or authenticity but what those phenomena actually signify. If seekers go looking for curiosity, fun and entertainment they'll readily find them. But if they want to research seriously they'll need discrimination

18. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Sorry for my late replies lately.. I've been very busy with family and work....

I got the feeling that you had general skepticism's in regards to spirits in pictures. I remember another thread you had posted on a while back regarding the same thing and you were very honest about your opinion. However, I do remember other posts you have corresponded on and you seem like an ok fellow. Just thought I would say that.

19. janef

janef Moderator

Wow.. thanks for sharing this experience marmaladecat. Sounds like there is some real validation there.

20. katarina

katarina New Member

marmaladecat- I looked up Ruthin Gaol; sounds like an interesting place, right up my alley! Thanks for sharing your experience there- some interesting things you all experienced. I can imagine it would be a lot different experiencing this in real life, not just watching it on a show on TV. Is anything done by the medium to help souls cross over? Whenever I watch shows on haunted places, I always wonder that; if any medium (or anyone) helps those souls that seem trapped here. Oh, and LOL at your yvette moment!