1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Specifics on earthbound spirits

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Corey, Apr 16, 2017.

1. mac

mac long-term contributor

There are more ways to skin a cat than one. ;) We don't need to experience personally every situation, achieve every goal, experience every emotion or situation, not even the ones we chose for our so-called life plans.

I'll be 70 in a couple of weeks (I'm stopping running then!) and I plan on continuing experiencing, observing and commentating upon life here in this physical dimension. When I get back home (not that long now) I'll take a deep breath, put my feet up and eventually think about what I want to do next. Retirement to any particular dimension isn't yet on my radar.

I reckon I'll probably want to take a close look sometime in the future at what's going on here. :D:eek:

2. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Perhaps I could bribe another member of my soul group to achieve Love for Nasty People;)...or do it myself, but over there, not here. I'd like to look in here now and then to see what's happening too, but honestly this has been a bear of a lifetime. The most accurate evidential psychic/medium I ever knew told me that people who have a lot of trauma and tragedy here are attempting to "wrap up their earth incarnations" and will continue to evolve over there. And she said it back in 1968 right after telling me some tough things coming up ahead for me. Hope she was right.

3. mac

I don't know your friend but it's long been taught that our spiritual progression can also continue 'over there', in alternate evironments as well as here as with further incarnations. I don't understand what attempting to "wrap up their earth incarnations" implies. Attempting as in trying but perhaps failing?

I realise it was tongue-in-cheek to say bribe another of your soul group but, of course, the experiences of your fellow travelers are yours for the sharing just as yours are for them. And just accepting that you couldn't achieve love for nasty people may be all you'll decide you need to achieve.

We don't have to bust a gut to become saints in order to move forward.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Widdershins3

No, no hidden or implied meaning to her statement and certainly no negative implication of failure--why would you think that?--"wrap up their earthly incarnations" is pretty straightforward. I spoke of a soul who is highly motivated to avoid re-incarnating here again and is focused upon that goal.

They may or may not succeed, but to me, after this lifetime, it's a worthy ambition.

5. mac

OK so I'm a dumbo. :oops:

I hadn't appreciated you were linking your friend's words to a point you'd made in posting #60. You'd used a wink icon there that I took to mean you were pulling my leg.

Reading things again I think my mental linking of 'attempting' with perhaps failing (in the context of posting #62) was forgiveable, even though it wasn't what you'd intended. I also hope for you that your friend is right.

6. Corey

Corey Member

Eric, I really like reading your posts. My life for a while now has been dedicated to learning how to unconditionally love others, AND to feel this myself. I love when you said, "He didn't earn my kindness, but he still deserved it." We can't earn love anyway! We all deserve it no matter what. When we can be loving towards the most attacking and negative people, that's when we know we've grown a great deal in our ability to love.
    Also, loving your child and loving this man don't have to be the same "amount" of love. We choose to love certain people with more of our energy just because they fulfill a different role in our life. We don't have infinite time here on earth so we have to make choices about where we decide to expend our loving efforts. Our children will obviously get a great deal of this (if we're parenting correctly, anyway) so it's natural that you would love them "more". But it doesn't mean we don't at the same time love everyone equally; rather, we make choices on where we spend our time loving certain people in our life. I loved reading about that mug you made. A gift given freely.

7. Widdershins3

Yes, that mug really inspired me and the story will stick with me. It's a very, very difficult lesson for me to learn, but I know all the way to my bones that I must learn it. So thank you for the thinking point and for sharing it.

8. Arbutus Eric

Arbutus Eric Member

The real test is putting it into practice of course. I'm sure that I'll be a lot harder on myself knowing the truth and not acting on than if I was ignorant. What's working for me is to stop looking at "them " as "others" or creatures to be rejected.

As is frequently the case, Silver Birch chimes in with his Teachings book, "it is all the breath of the Great Spirit. That is why the lowest form of life in the lowest part of the world of matter is linked with the Great Spirit and with the highest saint who ever trod the earth, because of the breath of the Great Spirit within them all. The worst criminal in your world and the most beautiful soul are brothers, because of that breath of the Great Spirit within them all. You cannot escape the Law. That is why you are all responsible for each other."

They are people learning the hard way by behaving badly, not monsters. Try to envision what they will have to go through as a result of their actions, and find compassion for them instead of the fear and rejection they are used to getting.

Amore and Widdershins3 like this.