1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

SPAM

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mac, Feb 18, 2017.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Wouldn't it be better if the 'New Profile Posts' tab wasn't hosting advertisements? Not much is posted there but adverts do nothing for the website.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

How would you like to be an administrator, Mac? Then you can delete them all! My problem is that I have just finished another book, I still practice law, and I barely manage to get here often enough and for long enough to post; I will try to address this, but for me dealing with the threads themselves is about what I can handle. What do you say?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

What I say is that I was simply looking out for your website, Roberta.

If you're not concerned about SPAM advertising then that's all you needed to say but I thought you might not have seen what was happening and I tried to help by letting you know. It wasn't intended as a criticism of you or the way you run your website. I'd actually sent you an earlier message privately.

As for helping a little with administration, Roberta, we've been down that path before.... I am privileged not to have to work for a living and have as much time as I need to visit this website along with several other of my regulars as frequently as I wish. My earlier offer still stands.

4. RobertaGrimes

Mac, I DO care! I have been up since four this morning, trying to get to this website and do a few other things that I simply have no time for otherwise. And I do this every day, seven days a week! What was your earlier offer? I'm sorry - I've lost track.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm sorry you thought I implied you didn't care. What I meant was I wondered if advertising didn't concern you too much because it was out of the way and not easily seen. I'm sorry if it sounded like criticism - it wasn't meant that way.

6. RobertaGrimes

To tell you the truth, I didn't realize it was there until you pointed it out. Thank you for that. And I have just finished page-proofs on The Fun of Living Together - it's being rushed, and should be on Amazon by Friday - so I should have time this week to drain the swamp.