1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

SoulPhone: Will we be able to talk with dead relatives???

Discussion in 'ITC & electronic communication' started by Shaman Traveler, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Shaman Traveler

Shaman Traveler New Member

Hi this will be my second thread and this is something that really bothers me.

SoulPhone is a device that will enable people to communicate with spirits. They say that there will first be released a soulswitch product that has a 90% to 95% chance to be fully functional in about one year after receiving enough funding The soulswitch allows spirits to answer yes or no to questions. According to their website we can validate if its real by asking questions which only deceased relatives would know.

Next a SoulKeyboard which will allow soul-texting with spirits. It will work similar to a keyboard. The time frame for this stage is around 2 years after the same amount of funding.

Next is SoulVoice that allows you to communicate with those who passed over. You will be able to hear and talk with them. It will be like talking on the phone. Modern day phones require satellite signals and stations so likewise the SoulPhone will connect to a SoulStudio that houses the technology.

Next a SoulVideo device. This will allow people to have audio and video chats with spirits similarly to Skype, FaceTime or Zoom.

So we will literally be able to speak, hear and see the dead through the internet and ofcourse we are encouraged to validate things in everyway we can. The inventor of SoulPhone technology is Gary Schwartz. He is a parapsychologist, a professor at the University of Arizona etc. Gary also went to Harvard University and was a professor in psychiatry and psychology at Yale University.

He has studied mediums for (15 or 16 years i think it was 16). One of the people he studied was John Edward.

This technology is being studied and worked on across the world according to their website and their dates for release is very optimistic i must say.

We will be able to have skype like conversations with philosophers like Plato, physicists like Albert Einstein and spiritual teachers like Jesus Christ. Also many scientists like Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs and Nikola Tesla is working with this technology.

This sounds great but so great that it sounds too great to be true. I saw a video where Gary Schwartz talked about this device and it felt so surrealistic. What's your people's opinions about this? Any mediums in here aswell who can comment about this? Everyone feel free to comment your opinion. Will this happen or not?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

There are several different electronic communication projects now in development. Gary's is just one of them! His timeline is extremely optimistic, as you say, and I am confident that it cannot be met, but he is a lovely and sincere man and I know he is trying.

The reason why I am confident that we will within perhaps another decade have electronic communication in place that will let us talk more easily with those that we used to think were dead is that there are now some very prominent dead earth-scientists - people who are recently familiar with the material physics of earth - who are working on these projects.

A word of realistic caution, though! You will not be able to ring up Einstein, Jesus, Plato, or any other major figure and get them to have a chat with you. Nor even Frank Sinatra, John Lennon, or Elvis, although all three and many others who were famous on earth are ubiquitous there. It is very difficult for us to connect with any dead person that we did not know in life, and we certainly cannot compel their attention! Beyond working to help us generally, even those who are most involved in these projects are disengaged from the details of earth-life now. For example, my primary guide was Thomas Jefferson in his penultimate lifetime. He is obsessed and driven by the need to raise the consciousness of this planet toward love, and is working with beings at the highest levels in that effort; but he actually grumps that newly-dead historians keep seeking him out as TJ. He expects that electronic communication will set the record straight on some things - for example, he doesn't want me talking about the Sally Hemings thing (sorry, Thomas!) because he says she is prepared to speak to curious people on earth and tell us who was the actual father of her children. (He doesn't want me to say it, but I know who the father of her children was and emphatically it was not Thomas Jefferson). But he - and many other famous historical figures - are completely OVER their famous earth-lives! So the last thing any of them would do, I should think, would be to take calls made to their old personas from curious people on earth.

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I think it is highly unlikely that devices of the sort being discussed will ever be operational in the way some people think they will be, and/or want them to be, though if there is an afterlife perhaps the devices may have some modest success.

Of greater import or significance to me, however, is that some portion of humanity has been driven to attempt to create such a device because communication between the living and the dead, assuming there is an afterlife in which the dead exist, is not already, naturally, the clear and easy occurrence that it should be. I don't think we should have to fight and strain in order to communicate with our dead loved ones, when the lack of being able to communicate with them causes such anguish to so many. In my opinion, if there is an afterlife, then such natural communication is part of our birthright.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  4. Shaman Traveler

Thanks for your response. Gary seemed pretty optimistic that we will be able to contact famous people and he and others who work on it seems to believe religious teachers, famous historians, great scientists and so forth will help progress earth and even make peace. However this may just be part of his optimism (which isn't a bad thing though :D). However i know of a medium who is called Gordon Smith and he just like you says that usually there has to be a connection to the dead person in some way to enable a connection. He for example says that if someone wanted to hear from Elvis Presley there would have to be some emotional connection to that person. This makes me think of all so called channelings where channelers channel ascended masters (everything from Buddha, Jesus, Mother Mary, Maitreya, Moses and so forth). What's your take on that? Is this channeling famous people phenomenon real (where people receive important information and upload it on the internet either on youtube with often a robotic voice telling what is said or on some website from a self proclaimed channeler). For example they never give something relevant or proving anything unlike mediums who gives alot of evidence.

5. RobertaGrimes

Perhaps it does seem to you that communication between the living and the not-really-dead should not be so difficult, dear Bluebird, but unfortunately you are not in charge of reality. And in reality as it exists, while it is easy for those at higher vibrational levels to see and communicate with us, we seldom can perceive their communications. We will know once we graduate and again rejoin our eternal minds why this is true, but for now it is enough to know that upper-level beings are attempting to create a matter-friendly mode of communication that will at last make it possible for the easy and comfortable communication that you insist upon to be available to everyone! (And to be clear, it is those not in bodies who are doing this, not people on earth: Gary Schwartz and all the others are just their lab assistants.)

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Just imagine. A usable so-called soul phone does actually get created. Folk are gonna be buying 'em potentially in even greater numbers than they're presently doing with regular cellular phones. Who we gonna call? Our loved ones, friends and then all the celebs we've always wondered about? So how ya gonna do that? Punch in their etheric cell phone numbers and give 'em a call?

This is the nonsense of talking in terms of a communication device that works as a 'soul phone', the nonsense about being able to contact whomever any particular individual fantasises about contacting. Just think also that if there WERE something akin to an etherically-linking soul phone then anyone you wanted to reach in the etheric dimensions would also have to have a compatible device OR they would need to know how to link to yours in some other way.

In what's left of my lifetime, and in what's left of you currently-younger generations, it ain't likely to happen. If it ever happens at all!

7. RobertaGrimes

When someone (like yours truly) is able to channel those not in bodies, it is ALWAYS at the instigation of the being who is being channeled. I was minding my own business, thinking for decades that I was a brilliant researcher and writer who could spew forth a good book in only weeks, when just less than four years ago my primary guide broke into my life and set the record straight. None of what I have written ever has been written without the active assistance of Spirit. Without Thomas and his team, I find myself unable to write one coherent sentence.

To be frank, I now believe that two things are true:

1) Everyone who finds writing easy and joyous and is writing things helpful to humankind is channeling. You and I simply are not that smart! People talk about their "muse." Again... probably channeling.

2) Now that I better understand how this works, I mistrust anyone who claims to be a "self proclaimed channeler." Those not in bodies are not our pets; to be frank, they entirely control the show, and it is only people who are willing to give their whole lives over to them and do only what they want done who can keep their help. Everyone else is a charlatan, in my view!

kim marine likes this.
  8. Shaman Traveler

I'm not able to channel dead people. I just like to find out alot.:cool:

Interestingly i sometimes feel like i want to write a book and believe me this has bothered me alot. I just don't know if i should or not. I don't want to feel forced to do it. I'm so exhausted to feel forced to do things to defend my existence. I feel superstitious that something happens if i don't write a book. I just want to be happy. Also i am scared of death alot. Even though i have my belief sometimes i doubt anyway and i really don't want any doubt at all never whatsoever.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I don’t know about this folks. I’m all for a lot of ideas and methods of communication regarding the afterlife, but something about this idea of a ‘Soul Phone’ just seems highly unlikely and makes me slightly worried. Wouldn’t having this mechanism slightly cancel out the whole reason why we are on earths plane in the first place? Weren’t we meant to seek out answers and try to discover a somewhat ‘universal truth’ through interactions with others on this plane of existence? We already have our dreams, Astral travels, and some rare reputable psychics and mediums to help guide us. Would this soul phone perhaps maybe give a wrong detour for some folks who are heavily in grief? Will there be cause for any concern that lives may be ended prematurely if this device were created due to a heightened curiosity of the afterlife? (Suicide specifically).

I do consider myself to be metaphysical in nature, but even creating such a mechanism seems slightly far fetched. I guess I need to read more about it but would like to hear more thoughts and opinions.

10. mac

The book aspect is easy - do it if you want to. There's no need for you to do it, you're under no obligation. I suggest you spend some time here on ALF taking a look at the subjects we've discussed recently and further back. You'll find material there which may help you deal with your concerns.

Be happy! There's not a single scrap of need to know what you're wondering about and not a single scrap of need for your concerns. Be happy! Try to put concerns to one side safe in the knowledge that here and elsewhere there are many seekers who have already done the donkey work concerning the things you're agonising about. Be happy - please accept our assurances you don't have to be scared of death. I'm not and others here and elsewhere are not and know there is much to look forward to.

Be happy and leave the scary, nonsense stuff behind you. Enjoy your life in this world safe in the knowledge you have nothing to be afraid of.

I don't know your age but if you're young try to get on with and enjoy your life - it's why you came to this world in the first place!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  11. Shaman Traveler

Thank you so much for these healing words! :)

I really needed to hear this.

Bless you. Thanks again.

12. mac

Glad my thoughts helped a little. :)

13. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

How about we all admit that any major positive change in this realm is impossible and then subsequently get the hell outta here? :)

14. mac

There's nothing preventing you from doing it by yourself.....;):p:D

15. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

Unfortunately there is - potential guilt

16. mac

guilt? pah!

17. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Yes, it does seem to me that communication between the living and the dead should not be so difficult, as I said. I don't need to be in charge of reality in order to hold the opinion that if there is an afterlife in which our dead loved ones continue to exist, there should be no impediment to communicating with them -- perhaps not in the way we were able to chat with them when they were here on earth, but in some way which could not be doubted. No human, including you (and including me, and everyone else) knows precisely or fully how reality or the universe operates; if there is an afterlife and/or a god, perhaps we aren't meant to. I don't "insist" that "easy and comfortable communication" be available to everyone. What I said, and what I feel, is that if there is an afterlife in which our dead loved ones still exist, then some form of clear communication with them is, in my opinion, our birthright. I can't "insist" that it be available, as (1) I don't believe that there is a god/deity/source with whom to plead that case, and (2) if there is such a god/deity/source, it clearly doesn't care about my feelings. I also don't expect that such communication would necessarily be "easy and comfortable", though of course it would be wonderful if that were the case. I would be fine with it simply existing, for everyone, in a way that no one could doubt.

18. mac

TJ completely OVER his life on earth, Roberta? Yet still concerned about a woman tittle-tattling 'from beyond the grave' and revealing the father of her children??? Forgive my bluntness but it sounds like a man who is very definitely NOT over the events of his last life on earth. ;) :D

Logically - if a communication device ever does get developed successfully - a discarnate could do to an unwanted attempt at communication what we here can do with a telephone call we don't want to answer - ignore the caller, decline to answer the call!

Changing tack now, remember those heady days when phones were attached to the wall and folk couldn't expect to be able to reach any person, anywhere, any time and/or to leave a voice message and then EXPECT the intended recipient to call back at the their cost? I wonder if those believing a so-called soul phone will become reality are also expecting it will provide a similar service delivery? :D:eek:

You don't watch TV and I don't carry a cell phone - we're a pair of dinosaurs!

bluebird likes this.
  19. RobertaGrimes

HE is not remotely concerned! He could not care less about the Sally Hemings matter, and he is annoyed that I care. He tried to get me to simply get over it, then eventually placated me by saying that we will soon have electronic communication and she will set the record straight so for pete's sake forget about TJ now and focus on what I came here to do. So I try!

20. mac

We'll see. ;):D