1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

'Soul Trek', a channeled book

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jul 15, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

quote: "I just finished reading <Soul Trek>, the book that Mac recommended. It opened my mind. It says that in our past lives, we lived as minerals, plants, animals and then humans. Is this true?
    Secondly, the book says that right now there aren't many opportunities for the souls to reincarnate into a tribe after they went through the animal stage. Mikey said that there is no need for animals to reincarnate, so then how do those souls advance?"

It was 1988 when I discovered 'Soul Trek' and when I wrote to its author. In her reply she told me a little about herself and how the book came to be. I've read it a number of times since but I am definitely sure I won't remember all the details! Mikey will answer in the C&M thread but as the book is close to my heart I'm going to say in general terms what I found.

What we need to remember is that who we see ourselves to be is based mostly our most recent experiences, mainly if not exclusively based on our current incarnation. So exactly who do we mean when we speak of 'I' or of 'me'? In 'Soul Trek' Alpha 'paints a picture' of how the great spirit becomes individual spirits, 'particles' essentially identical to their source but increasingly 'losing sight' of where they came from.

Those particles experience existences of many kinds, beginning with the simplest and progressing to advanced ones before ultimately returning to, and merging with, source - the thing to remember is that at those simpler stages WE didn't manifest the way WE - humankind we - exist today. There was none of what we now think of as reincarnation. Instead there was spiritual progression and changes fromone form to another. Those divine particles - us! - experienced many forms of existence, even - according to Alpha - the simplest of organisms after which we progressively moved to less-simple forms. After many existences Alpha says we experienced life as animals before moving on to the simpler forms of humankind. He refers to living in a tribe as a stepping stone which nowadays is harder to find because so much has changged in this world.

I don't know if all of us have lives as animals or for how many times if we do but to my mind reincarnation in animal form is unlikely to be as important as it is in our present state of spiritual progress. As I see things when we've eventually experienced as animals whatever we chose for ourselves we won't necessarily reincarnate as another animal but instead move forward - 'upward' - into a less-simple existence. At one time that was likely to have been life as a tribesperson, such lives now being comparatively rare.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

1 - Wow! Wait... What does life as a mineral look like?

2 - You can't get kicked out of/disowned from a soul tribe right?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Mineral life is exceptionally sedentary and isolated. It's living in a way wholly different from what we think of in connection with humankind, animals and plants - as in rocks or gems etc. Changes are extremely slow.

No you can't get kicked out of or disowned by your soul cell fellow travelers - lol! ;)

Kurt likes this.
  4. baob

baob New Member

While I was reading <Soul Trek>, it reminded me of Charles Darwin's theory that I learned from school. I wonder when he discovered this principle, whether he got channeled by the spiritual side.

Kurt likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

We've discussed in the past the situation of 'discoveries' and how they are quite literally inspired by our unseen, discarnate friends. (based on what they have told us) It makes me wonder if any so-called discovery is down to the scientist, doctor or whatever or whether each significant one is a joint effort - hard work by one and inspiration by the other.

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

quote:

Hi Boab,
    To answer your first question, Mikey tells me no. (I know Mac likes this book so I don't want to offend anyone.) This is just one opinion. Mikey continues to tell me that animals are of a different type of soul group than we are. We are not a cow or bird, then a human, etc. according to Mikey. Minerals and plants are also alive with energy, but again they are not of our type of soul group.
    Regarding your second question, Mikey tells me animals don't need to "advance" as they are for our benefit. We are progressive soul energy (for lack of a better description) that strives for improving our spiritual growth and development according to Mikey. That is key to what makes us different.

This is Mikey's opinion. :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

Picking up now on the above points from the C&M thread.

Firstly the points you asked about, baob, were without any overall context. The guidance Alpha offered, eventually compiled by Julie Gale as 'Soul Trek', was insight into the complete cycle of existence before and after the lives we're experiencing now. Without that context individual points can not properly be related to the total picture.

Secondly, Mikey has pointed out twice (above) he is giving his opinion on the points you asked about. I think it's important to keep that in mind. Additionally Mikey has not read the book hence can't consider those points in the context of the full account or even the section they came from.

On ALF I have often labored the point of the undesirability of members trying to understand aspects (frequently complex ones) in isolation. I don't know if you feel that's important but it is for me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  7. baob

baob New Member

Hi Mac,
    Thanks for your comment! Even though Mikey said no to those questions I asked, I still think <Soul Trek> is a great book. I came up those questions after reading the book and I couldn't help to ask them my questions. I consider I am lucky to find Roberta's website, you have been supporting it and Mikey is a high end of spirit with both he and Carol are willing to help us grow spiritually by answering our questions. Those questions are the best I can phrased to ask. I learned that there is no absolute right or wrong in this world. Even the same level of spirit can hold different perspective in the same aspect. I am sorry if my questions were not asked properly:)

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Please - it wasn't a matter of asking questions properly.

Whatever way one may ask any particular question there's no guarantee that it will be understood in the way intended. Add to that difficulty the need to write clearly and getting one's point over becomes even harder. I've found that for myself on numerous occasions. Even in day-to-day conversation we may struggle to make a point - or perhaps it's just me who struggles! :D

But it's not only that aspect but one I mentioned earlier, a lack of overall context to questions or points. At the end of the day we must apply to a response what I call the 'Silver Birch test'. That magnificent teacher and guide told his questioners they should not accept anything that did not appeal to their reason - even when it was him saying it!

Mikey didn't say that but maybe it was what he was suggesting when he said he was giving his opinion. But for me opinion implies a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. I find that unacceptable; for me spiritual guidance must be based on fact and presented with a background of knowledge. Then we can apply for ourselves the Silver Birch test.

I'm very fond of Mikey and his mom Carol who I've known on ALF for several years. I've always said Mikey's account of what he experiences 'over there' is irrefutable. But I'm not always persuaded by other issues about which he's given his thoughts. I hope this won't be considered heresy but referring to him as a sixth level being does not for me confer the 'spiritual status' intended.

I'm expecting brickbats!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  9. baob

baob New Member

Understandable. I remember 'Silver Birch test." Thanks, Mac!

Kurt likes this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

That's one of the most useful things I have learned so far.