1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Soul Groups - 2 Quick Questions -

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Kurt, Sep 6, 2018.

1. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Kurt, I'm not irritated in the least! And, while I wouldn't be disrespectful, that is the way I would react...after getting over the initial shock, that is.

I've not read any of the Silver Birch books and they aren't currently on my reading list but I am questioning by nature so I'm sure that if I get around to reading any of them I will read from a very questioning and skeptical perspective and then decide what seems logical and what doesn't. And if, at the end of the day, it turns out that my conclusions are wrong, then so be it. At least I tried to the learn. That's all anyone can ask. For some things in life, I believe, the journey is as important as the destination.

Just to let you know, I have great love and respect for Jesus. I have a crucifix my wife gave me a few years ago. I wear it 24/7 because of my love for Jesus and the light he tried shine on this world.

pandora97 likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Ditto!

yewman54 and Kurt like this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I agree. I am equally discerning. But outright flushing a work away is not logical.

The initial shock is what I was referring to. You, as would everyone... Would freak out.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

None of us can be certain about how we'd feel if someone appeared in this world who appeared, or presented, as the guy we know as Jesus. Or, come to that, if someone else appeared with a similar message. Short of demonstrating abilities that blew everyone's socks off I suspect humankind would be sceptical and/or dismissive of any such individual.

It's an interesting notion to consider, though. ;)

5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Honestly, I believe you are right. I don't know if you read it, but I said elsewhere that the only thing that will convince some skeptics is if

And I quite off of memory... So please forgive what's incorrect, but since it is my words it will be right.

Nothing short of Jesus Christ himself wheeling Stephen Hawking himself down a stairway from heaven to deliver a lecture on the afterlife will convince certain people of what we already consider to be true.

It would take a lot.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

That's certainly an interesting notion! :D

Kurt likes this.
  7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Kurt,

1) We are told that nearly always loved ones will reunite in the Summerland, and usually to the next two generations, before anyone will reincarnate. Since there is no objective time there, and since we can choose to incarnate at any time - past or future - this is not much of an inconvenience, even for the most ambitious!

2) Reportedly soul groups are enormous - perhaps in the thousands! - and insofar as we know, you have relationships with many others outside your group as well. We are playacting when we are here, and especially if you have had a lot of negativity in this earth-lifetime you will shed it all when you leave your body and everyone will hug you and tell you what a great job you did with a difficult life-plan! I think"disown" is not even a concept that any eternal being could understand.

Nirvana and Kurt like this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I apologize for the misunderstanding

[/QUOTE] I've not read any of the Silver Birch books and they aren't currently on my reading list but I am questioning by nature so I'm sure that if I get around to reading any of them I will read from a very questioning and skeptical perspective and then decide what seems logical and what doesn't. [/QUOTE]

That is smart

[/QUOTE] And if, at the end of the day, it turns out that my conclusions are wrong, then so be it. At least I tried to the learn. That's all anyone can ask. For some things in life, I believe, the journey is as important as the destination. [/QUOTE]

I'm starting to like you.

[/QUOTE]Just to let you know, I have great love and respect for Jesus. I have a crucifix my wife gave me a few years ago. I wear it 24/7 because of my love for Jesus and the light he tried shine on this world.[/QUOTE]

That is very admirable.

yewman54 likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I've not read any of the Silver Birch books and they aren't currently on my reading list but I am questioning by nature so I'm sure that if I get around to reading any of them I will read from a very questioning and skeptical perspective and then decide what seems logical and what doesn't. [/QUOTE]

That is smart

[/QUOTE] And if, at the end of the day, it turns out that my conclusions are wrong, then so be it. At least I tried to the learn. That's all anyone can ask. For some things in life, I believe, the journey is as important as the destination. [/QUOTE]

I'm starting to like you.

[/QUOTE]Just to let you know, I have great love and respect for Jesus. I have a crucifix my wife gave me a few years ago. I wear it 24/7 because of my love for Jesus and the light he tried shine on this world.[/QUOTE]

That is very admirable.[/QUOTE]

Could anyone here school me on how to properly quote someone?

10. mac

mac Staff Member

first:.[/QUOTE] but then delete the slash (ie the word QUOTE with a square bracket before it and after it but without the slash symbol /)

finish the quote with[/QUOTE]