1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Soul Groups - 2 Quick Questions -

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Kurt, Sep 6, 2018.

1. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Is authoritative guidance a requirement to offer a hypothesis and post on this forum? Or, are you asking where I got that particular idea?

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

neither

Kurt likes this.
  3. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Well, frankly, I don't much trust "authoritative guidance". Never have, never will. I read a lot and draw a lot of conclusions about what sounds logical and what doesn't. I make interpolations based on that. Not much different than you, really...at least from what I have seen here since I've been lurking :). I do not consider myself an authority on the afterlife. I view the debate on spiritualism the same way I do religion. That is, no one has to full truth. Some more, some less. I just try to sort it out the best I can. I have no choice since I don't believe there are definitive answers out there.

Now, in all my reading and contemplation I have come to the conclusion that the reasons one may choose to reincarnate are vast and varied and may have more to do with another souls journey than our own. It's certainly not random...there's always a plan in place. Again, that's just my conclusion.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. Take from it or not as you wish. As I said, I don't consider myself an authority.

pandora97 likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Perhaps with a medium.... If only Silver Birch was still around...

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I view reincarnation as something that happens but as an incarnate I don't feel any need to know detailed reasons for it. And I'm no authority on anything save, perhaps, growing plants indoors. :D

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

if only

Kurt likes this.
  7. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

I doubt I'd trust Silver Birch any more than anyone else...:D

I remember reading something on a forum one time. The poster asked people what they would do if Jesus showed up at their front door. Of course, they got all the pious answers that you can all imagine...falling on their knees and so forth. Me, well I was thinking more along the lines of "Dude, come in....we have a lot to talk about. Let me get you a drink 'cause this is gonna take a while".

Trust is not in may nature, however, questioning is.

Brad and pandora97 like this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

I view trust as the province of the trustworthy and questioning and trust are not mutually exclusive anyway.

But chaqun mi duck.....

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Say what you want to, but Silver Birch is one of the most highly regarded guides known of.

And as far as Jesus, I am sure that people really would fall to their knees crying if not dying of joy.

I highly doubtful that is the way you would react.

You seem a bit irritated.

10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

What does it mean?....