1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Soon after my father passed away

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Donovan, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Donovan

Donovan Member

I had a very lucid dream in which I visited him.
    He was in some sort of astral world, in a city actually, not a big busy downtown dirty noisy kind of place, but a very beautiful place that seemed perfect, peaceful, natural, sunny, where nothing was anything but what you might expect on an absolutely perfect day.
    I found myself liesurely walking down a sidewalk, and after a few blocks i came to some shops and one of them happened to be a liquor store that was pretty much empty of people, except for some guy who was busy angrily knocking things over and making a mess.
    There was my dad, completely fixated with ruining the place, in some sort of dream state, so preoccuppied that he wasn't even able to recognize me.
    It was like talking to someone who was sleepwalking, but i managed to convince him that he had done a very thorough job and that there was no need to continue, and that there was no need to be there anymore.
    He had quite a fondness for alcohol during his life. He was a hard working responsible father but he drank quite a bit, almost every day, but that was the thing at the time.
    Actually his drinking caused him to suffer a lot physically in the end.
    And there was ego and pride which drinking tends to magnify, and so I assume in the afterlife he was shown clearly how things might have been otherwise, and he was full of much regret it seemed. And that was that, I don't know where he is now and I was only there that one time, I imagine he is now where he needs to be and that I may see him again under better circumstances some day.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

You will be able to meet up with him again provided you both want it.

Kurt likes this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Thanks for sharing that. My father is still alive but I really have no contact with him other than what my mother tells me and random phone calls I’ve made to him. I often have very vivid dreams of him apologizing to me for the abuse when I was a child and it’s always in a field or a beautiful cobblestone path leading to a park of some sort. He seems like a completely different person in astral form. Ironically enough I found out from my mother that he’s been working on himself and has been taking holistic classes so maybe that has helped raised his energy a bit. He also fell sick with cancer which seemed to change his point of view in life a bit and he told me a couple of times how much he was sorry over the phone. I sent him an email several months ago and a few texts but it still takes time to heal.

Thanks for sharing Donovan.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Donovan

Donovan Member

I can't be certain if it was just a dream or if I actually visited him.

Kurt likes this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Probably both. Visitations happen in dreams. Then again, it could be neither. It’s up to you to decide.

Kurt likes this.