1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Some questions that came to mind

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Wieloryb, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Amore

Amore Active Member

Here's my 2c from what I read and my own experience, Wieloryb.

There seem to be various reasons why we don't receive signs from the "dead" or why they are too subtle to be noticed.

From what I understand, making contact with those incarnate on earth is not an easy thing to do for a spirit. It has to do with our energy vibration being much lower than theirs, they have to kind of "come down" to our level to be able to impact on the physical world in some way (producing sound, moving objects, etc). Not every spirit wants to learn it or is able to learn it. Clairvoyants, mediums, psychics seem to have some sort of "antenna" (for lack of a better word) that reaches out to those in spirit, making it easier for them to connect. But most people on earth don't have this capacity, or at least they have not developed it.

Another very important reason is that we are not very good receivers of communication sent by spirits. Most of us are too focused on our rational intellect which is a tool for dealing with the material world in a logical and effective way. Spirits however, seem to find it easier to communicate with us through the heart, which is our soul's door to intuition and feelings. From what I have read, the strongest connection you (and anyone) can have to anyone else is love. If you have a deep bond rooted in love to someone who has passed over it will be much more easy for them to make their presence known to you via this route. You might sense them around you, or you might get images in your waking mind or in your sleep via dreams. The heart, love is like an open door, the intellect is not.

Another obstacle for receiving signs or simply noticing a spirit around you is strong negative emotions, such as anger, bitterness, fear, and strong grief. I'm reminded of a story I read where a sensitive person was at a funeral for a young woman. Her grieving boyfriend stepped up to her coffin and was overcome with grief and tears. This person saw the deceased woman coming up to him and wrapping not only her arms but her whole energy/being around him like a blanket with so much love and compassion - but he was completely oblivious to her presence.

There might be more reasons that others here can think of or remember reading about but I hope this already helps in some way!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    kim marine likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

nice summary :)

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you, Lovehim!

4. RobertaGrimes

Received and responded!!

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Roberta, If the Spirit is invisible and Christians are taught to believe that this reality is a visible and a physical reality that god created aren't they defying the core of their beliefs: one being that god NEVER changes? Haven't they been more influenced by what secular science and their "sinful" physical senses have had to say about this reality instead of Spirits'? If god was going to create a reality wouldn't he create one type instead of two different kinds of reality?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

7. RobertaGrimes

God is eternal and indeed never changes, but humankind has until recently been unable even to begin to comprehend the genuine God, so over the millennia we have invented various Gods in our image and insisted that each is the genuine God. The Christian concept of God is yet another of these false, human-created concepts of God. One of the reasons why Jesus came to earth 2000 years ago was to finally begin to teach us the truth about God ("God is Spirit"), but sadly Christianity ignored His teachings and its God is based in first-century Judaism and that religion's false Jehovah-God with "the Holy Spirit" as kind of an add-on. And please understand, dear Kim, that it is impossible for us to even begin to comprehend the genuine God, any more than an ant on your kitchen counter can possibly understand your life! God can create infinite kinds of realities, and for reasons that we cannot from our limited perspective and with our limited minds even imagine!

kim marine and Amore like this.
  8. Wieloryb

Wieloryb New Member

Thank you all for your wonderful replies and the links you posted Kim and Mac! Amore, thanks for sharing your ideas and experience too, I really enjoyed reading it. The story about the grieving boyfriend is beautiful and very uplifting to me.
    Roberta, thank you very much as well again for your email!!

9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Your very welcome, Wieloryb!

10. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you everyone for this forum. It has gotten me through some dark days and I have learned a lot.

I think it's important to say this: I keep getting the same message. I actually felt my Angel's presence this afternoon when I was looking on the web, guiding me to a site. Later I got the same message twice, by clicking on something totally unrelated and getting the same message. They, the transitioned ones are beyond us and some things they can not convey to us. Shortly after Susie transitioned She came to me and said "I am no longer human, there are things I know that you can not understand right now", that's a paraphrase. And it was conveyed with total Love.
    I agree with everything Amore said but we can learn to be better receivers. And they can learn to communicate better. We are all still leaning and that's the beauty of live that never ends.
    Peace.

Unexpected, kim marine and Amore like this.
  11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

That was such an enlightened thing to say, Bill!

12. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you Kim Marine.