1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

So this is what is happening to me

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Whatthe, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

My 5 year old girl has been saying mostly since she could put a phrase together that when you die, if you are good, kind, and helpful, god makes you into a tiny baby again. Now, this is strange. We ask her calmly like in normal conversation, where did you hear that from or who told you that, and she insists no one, my brain tells me that. I know it in my brain, and such. Although it is impossible to know if anyone has really told her that, we highly doubt it. Especially because we have had no mention to religion to our kids and she started saying that before going to school. Anyway, today she was saying that again and I wanted to share it with someone.

EDIT: by the way, I just picked the first forum on afterlife I found as I do not want to mention this to friends , dont want them to think we are crazy. I now realize this forum might have a different view. Me and my wife are mostly agnostic, but with this thing with our daughter we are kind of puzzled. If anyone else told us this we would think yeah right she saw it on tv or something, but we know this is not the case. Also my daughter just tells the truth, at that age they do not lie, they just tell whatever you ask. Anyway, dont know what to think. I wish I could talk about this with someone.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  2. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Welcome to ALF. You are definitely in the right place. :) Unfortunately, I'm new to much of this myself so I can't really answer your questions but there are some very informed and knowledgeable individuals here that can explain this to you and your wife. In particular Roberta Grimes. This is her website and she's just the person to help. Hope you'll check back as Roberta may not be able to check in here right away since she's so busy with other projects. Other members may be able to shed some light...…...

Kurt likes this.
  3. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

Thank you! I am not sure what I want to hear with this, but I surely feel I have to talk to someone about it. I am going to google her

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Welcome! I hope I can help answer, but Roberta is a good bet. If you visit her website, you can get her email.

She replies quickly.

5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Now, I am no where near the level of let's say....

Roberta, Mac, GeneEdwardSmith, etc. Etc.

However, I do know that it is well documented that some young children remember their previous incarnations.

IDK much more beyond it being an indicator of high levels of Spirituality, but that is what I can tell you.

(BTW, don't worry about the sight... We're not fraudulent... At least all of the old guard and 90% of the new guard... Those guys get weeded out within an hour anyways.)

That'll only be a 5 dollar consultation sir;)

Just kidding, I hope you feel welcome here! I hope you continue to stay.

Is there anything else afterlife related she's said that you are willing to share?

6. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

Thanks for the kind words. She has said "when I was a grown up" a couple of times and that she wants to have many babies... It is strange, sometimes it does feel like she has lived before.

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Your welcome. That is very interesting... As she gets older I am sure that there will be more info. And that it will develop in detail, but that is a hit or miss. If it is repressed (ie, you get frustrated with it out of concern, kids bully her for thinking she's trying to be cool, teachers try and call her crazy.... Etc. Etc. ... She will either hide it well or repress and outgrow, eventually forgetting it.

I had a similar situation when I was a toddler. Sadly, I did not have parents like you and mine thought I was possessed by the devil....

If encouraged properly, your daughter could become a very special person. Especially in this community.

As stated before, I would love to see you stay.

Sincerely, Kurt.

Whatthe likes this.
  8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The account of your daughter's words is interesting but not unique. Exactly what, though, are YOU looking for?

Kurt likes this.
  9. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

Thanks. We are in no way repressing it, nor encouraging it. We just take it as normal conversation.

Kurt likes this.
  10. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

I just want to talk about it. It is not easy for agnostic people to come across this. I want to manage this the best way possible.

11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That's good!

12. mac

Well you've talked about it - what she said, what you said etc. But now what?

As for managing the situation I'm very much of the approach that they should never be forbidden from speaking but neither should they be encouraged by asking them questions unless the child is distressed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  13. mac

One point I'll make is that children may not tell lies to deliberately mislead but some children, maybe all children, engage in a fair bit of make-believe as a natural part of their development. (some individual still engage in make- believe even as adults decades later. o_O)

Now I'm not suggesting that's the case with your daughter but our daughter went through a short, similar phase and both my wife and I had never spoken to her in any manner that would have encouraged her to speak in such a way.

Your child may indeed be recalling life at another time as another individual. But she may not. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  14. pandora97

Yep, we call them actors & actresses!!!:p:D

But seriously, I have always felt that there were too many things about myself that couldn't be explained within the context of this lifetime. I've never investigated it though...……..o_O

Kurt and Bill Z like this.
  15. mac

Actually I think of them as fantasists rather than actors who generally work hard to become better actors.

I've never said that feelings about oneself are NOT the outcome of previous life events but can we be sure that those feelings can not be explained in other way? Mystery is sometimes more attractive than a mundane explanation.... ;)

Kurt and pandora97 like this.
  16. pandora97

Couldn't agree more :)

17. Whatthe

Whatthe New Member

Of course she might not. There are a few more things to it, but the part of "if you are good, when you die god makes you a little baby" is the section we are more puzzled about. She is just learning the concept of death and came up with this, we do not even talk about "god" at all!

Kurt likes this.
  18. mac

Elsewhere I mentioned the difficulties in viewing issues in isolation.

Leaving aside the contentious issue of past-life recall for the moment there's plenty of teaching by guides generally accepted as authoritative that we experience more than one life here on earth. If that's so then our animating spirits may retain memories from our past, some of which we may occasionally access. I say 'occasionally' because we don't seem to have routine access to memories of other times.

It's possible your daughter is accessing some of her earlier experiences and learning but it's also possible she may have heard something in this world that she's repeating.

19. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

True!!! :D:D

Also known as Trolls, Edgy Teens, Authors, D&D Dams and players... Etc. Etc. Feed at your own discretion.

I have never taken myself too seriously, thus I never investigated as well. However as time goes on and go deeper into my studies I will start with past lives.

20. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

My curse and my blessing.
    Everyone sees me as mysterious and opague yet charismatic. The result? I am the center of attention when the point of that facade was to make me a 'grey man'.... Eh.. you can't have everything.