1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Small creatures as signs

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by OrichalcumEye, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I can understand the belief that your dead loved ones are sending messages to you from the next world. I can live with that idea. What I don't understand is how someone can convince himself that the activity of birds or butterflies or other natural phenomena can be taken as a sign from beyond. Seriously, now: small creatures are going to be around no matter what. They have an existence totally separate from humans, and they seem to live and propagate themselves just fine without having to resort to spiritual prompting as an explanation. So what is supposed to be the significance of these creatures? How exactly would they be influenced by a departed loved one, and why couldn't they just deliver whatever message they have directly to the recipient?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear OrichalcumEye, your skepticism about this is perfectly reasonable! I wouldn't take the use by the dead of birds and butterflies in their communications at all seriously, except that the evidence is overwhelming that this is what happens. Many of the dead have told their loved ones that they sent this or that bird or butterfly, and advanced channeled beings have said that this is a common communication technique. As for why the dead don't just deliver their messages directly, I think you already know the answer to that, dear friend: they can't. Communication between their level and ours is unbelievably difficult, so apparently over many generations dead people have learned that they can influence the minds of small creatures, birds, and butterflies, and they can make them do unusual things that are likely to be noticed by living loved ones. Of course, not every sighting of a bird or a butterfly is for sure going to be your much-lamented dead Uncle Ted! Here are some common-sense points to be made:

1) A single incident should not be seen as a likely communication unless it is spectacular. One reported incident involved the death of a teacher during the school year. When her class reconvened with a substitute, into the room flitted a yellow butterfly. The butterfly proceeded to hover over or land on each child's head briefly, and once they all had been blessed it fluttered out again. That was a communication!

2) Birds or butterflies appearing out of place or out of season must be noted. There was a case of a woman who wintered in Florida, whose husband (I think it was) had died and been buried in New York (if I recall correctly) during the winter. She drove to the cemetery to visit his grave a few times before she returned to their Florida home alone, and each time as she neared the grave she would find a white crane standing in the road nearby. It looked like the cranes that she and her husband had loved to watch in Florida, but it had no business being where it was.

3) Repeated strange incidents with birds or butterflies also should be noted. One young girl grieving the loss of her mother told me that frequently as she was being driven in the months after the death, birds would swoop down in front of the windshield of her car and barely miss striking it.

4) Even a lot of something that seems normal may in fact be significant. One woman reports that soon after she was widowed, her garden filled with butterflies. They were there for several days - hundreds of them! - but then they went away and they never returned.

5) Communicators generally choose one kind of bird or butterfly exclusively. So, for example, if you see a robin this morning getting kind of close to you and then in the afternoon a bluejay lands on your head, that is far less likely to be a communication than it would be if you went through a day in which you kept seeing bluejays until finally one of them actually landed on your head.

- As for why our loved ones choose to communicate this way, the answer seems to be that they are able to do it fairly easily, even soon after they graduate. Our eternal minds are powerful! I imagine more-experienced guides kind of teaching a newbie how to manipulate a butterfly, much as a kindly older brother might teach a baby how to control a video game. Yes, dear OrichalcumEye, birds and butterflies do have their own lives, separate from ours! But they don't seem to mind that once in awhile we ask them to help us bridge the gap between realities.

3. Thank you for clearing this up Roberta! I was wondering the same thing!!! Now this makes sense. We should be looking for the unusual. I can't express how lucky I am to have found these forums! I don't even have to ask a question because everything is being answered! Thank you!

4. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

It is the unusual behavior of these creatures that really makes the difference! Right after Mikey's accident, I recieved a gift of the dragonfly story. This story signifies the transformation from this life into Heaven. Anyway, soon after his funeral, I went back out to the cemetary and raised my arms in the air asking my son out loud to help me! Please let me know you are still with me! Within 30 seconds I had at least 15 dragonflies circling around me! I tingled all over! It was the timing! And this is very unusual! I knew it was my son! We have had tons of dragonfly signs! Now I always wear a dragonfly as it symbolizes our relationship we now have. (Between earth and Heaven)
    We were just at a wedding of one of Mikey's close friends this past week-end. When we were outside a dragonfly landed on Mikey's dad's hand, then it flew over to me and landed on my hand, then back to my husband's hand, then back to my hand!! This occurred at least 4 times in a row! Everyone around us started to talk and take pictures as they know this is a "Mikey sign" ! Of course Mikey was at his friend's wedding! It is this type of thing that is amazing to me. I cannot tell you the hope these signs have given to many of us after my son's accident! It is the real deal! The more open you are, the more you will see. Nothing is a coincidence!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Wow, what an amazing story, dear Carol! I've never experienced anything like that, but I know what you mean - it's the timing and the unusual behavior of the animal that really confirm it's a message. It is really so wonderful that you are open enough to have such wonderful communications with your son!