1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

sleep - do you get enough?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Monika

Monika Member

Yes i know mac :( you are right

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. Be careful about sharing this with your boss -- I was going to mention something about that in my previous post, but didn't. If you are on good terms with them and they can already see that you aren't doing well, then maybe share it with them. I just caution you to be careful, as you don't want to make them think you can't do your job (even if you feel you can't).

Monika likes this.
  3. Monika

Monika Member

Oh about this i feel totally safe. They are trying to understand me as best as they can. Last week i had a meeting with my boss and he asked how im doing and i said for him all truth that last weeks almost all time im just doing nothing at work because it is so difficult to concentrate, that i do not remember things, that to read laws and analyze them in swedish became for me almost not possible...but then he said that he gives me new permanent contract because they hope that i will stay forever with them (it is so called when you get contract in my work, its life contract because they never can end it, only i can). They often say that most important for them is to help me and support me as best as they can. And they do so so much. Because of job i can have flat so i dont need to live in caravan. In this city is not possible to rent appartment as privat person. They also payed for rent of flat for first months, i got all furniture because flat was empty.... and all this is so lovely! This is such a huge help! And i feel so bad that i can not do my job anymore as good as i could do before. It hurts, i constantly feel dissapointing myself and them. So thats why i told him all truth and was ready to face concequences. And one more time they proved for me how loving and understanding people can be

4. bluebird

That's wonderful that your bosses are so great. :) And you (and they) have already signed the contract, so they can't take it back?

5. Monika

Monika Member

No, they can not. Its strictly regulated by laws and union. And im memeber in union so they protect. But...if some day they would say that they are not happy with my work i would leave by myself. I would never cause a problem for those people who helps durings hardest time :)
    And i do love my job, very much. It is just now that i struggle a lot there without understanding what is wrong, why i fail so much. But this "widow brain" thing explains a lot. And there was written how to recover from it so i will try

6. bluebird

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}
    It's very good that you have such good, understanding bosses. :)
    You may have mentioned this already, but may I ask what sort of work you do?

7. Monika

Monika Member

Im an architect and work with spatial planning (city planning). It is very fun job for me. Especially here as the city where i live and work is moving to new place leaving space for an iron ore mine :)

8. bluebird

That sounds like a fun and challenging job. :)

9. dingodile

dingodile Member

I've had sleep apnea for years (I'm 64), and I use a machine. The machine successfully treats the apnea but I don't always get the longest, most restful sleep. There is some evidence that these machines, while fixing one problem, cause another, by triggering "micro-arousals" during the course of the night. That is, by trying to regulate breathing, the machine may interfere with actual sleep. But this is still very controversial. For those of us with severe enough apnea, there's no question that it's better to use the machine than not. When we don't use it our blood O2 levels can really plummet, and that's just no good. But it's still worth working on improving the overall quality of sleep, and I haven't yet sussed that out.

10. bluebird

dingodile,

Have you tried or considered meditation and/or melatonin?

11. dingodile

dingodile Member

Yes, thanks. I think meditation helps somewhat. I haven't experienced any benefit from melatonin. Getting physical exercise is also important, as long as it's not too extreme and not too late in the day. Unfortunately it's not always practical to do this, but it definitely makes a difference to my sleep.

12. bluebird

Hm. I wonder if swimming would be a good thing for you to try, if you know how to swim (and if you haven't tried it already).

13. dingodile

dingodile Member

I do know how to swim, but I don't do much of it. It's not a bad idea, to see whether swimming might be a better sleep-promoting form of exercise. Thank you for suggesting it.

14. bluebird

You're very welcome. ;) It can be quite a soothing form of exercise, and it's easy on the body/joints. If you do start swimming, I hope it helps you.