1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

sleep and dreaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by ChrisGreece, May 20, 2019.

1. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

You could try a dream pillow to control this. I would use Calendula officinalis for deeper sleep.
    Just buy 1 euro-dollar worth of dried flowers put it in a cheap sock and put the sock into your pillow.Chemicals from the smell go into your brain and you may sleep deeper for say 1 month.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’ve heard of using lavender from Carol and Mikey which seemed to help her, and my friend who is a nurse recommended me using melatonin which made my dreams even more vivid than they already were. However, I’ve never heard of the method that you suggested to help me remain in a deep state of sleep. My fear is that I don’t want to be dependent on anything and according to others, remembering my astral travels should be considered a gift as I was meant to have this ability. Yet I would happily be able to hand this ‘gift’ to someone else in a heartbeat for no trade off.

I’ve held back on sharing a lot recently because I’m trying to listen to others and their experiences. But I’ve been keeping logs of the things I’ve been experiencing each night and will share them once I feel comfortable enough :)

Kurt likes this.
  3. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

I have never heard of dream pillows being addictive. I have used self made Calendula dream pillows for years because of very bad insomnia and i do not believe it was addictive since it kept on working.
    You can also use other herbs to enhance and control the effect. Also your gift you should be able to control it to turn it on and off .
    https://frugallysustainable.com/homemade-dream-pillow/
    • Anise – Repels nightmares, but be sure to use sparingly.
    • Calendula – Used to induce restful sleep.
    • Catnip – Increases restful sleep. Especially good for babies and children.
    • Cedar – Repels bad dreams.
    • Chamomile – Used for relaxation and pleasant dreams.
    • Hops – Aids in restful sleep and healing.
    • Jasmine – The dried flowers are useful for romantic and erotic dreams, especially for women.
    • Lavender – These flowers have the ability to ease stress, soothe, and relax. A simple pillow made only with lavender can be simply perfect.
    • Lemon Balm – A known for it’s ability to reduce anxiety and insomnia. Also valuable for relieving headaches and stress.
    • Mugwort – Protection.
    • Mullein – Guards against nightmares.
    • Rose petals – Adds loving and peaceful thoughts to dreams.
    • Rosemary – Repels bad dreams, but use sparingly due to the strong scent.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Thanks for your response.

Kurt likes this.