1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Site I found with seance recordings from the 1960s

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Annie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Annie

Annie Member

Maybe a lot of you have been to this site http://adcguides.com, I just found it and I was amazed to find a bunch of recordiings with dead people. The reason I'm so amazed is because these recordings sound so clear! How did they do that? From what I'm reading, it sounds like a medium let a spirit take over his body and communicate through his voice box, but the medium did not move his lips, in fact he covered his mouth with tape during these readings. Is this how it happened? And why aren't there more recordings like this nowadays?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thanks, Annie - great thread! Leslie Flint may have been the most prominent direct-voice medium of the late twentieth century. His website is here, and everyone should have a listen! Mediums who were able to produce the voices of the dead directly were relatively common in the late nineteenth century and even as late as the nineteen-thirties, but nearly all of those mediums would go into trance and allow the dead to speak using their vocal cords. But Leslie Flint was such a gifted medium that he didn't have to go into trance: just his presence in a darkened room could make it possible for the dead to speak to the living. We aren't precisely sure how the dead were able to materialize voices which sounded to the living very much the way their dead loved ones had sounded in life, but there are hints that they might have materialized a voicebox in mid-air (something of the sort was occasionally seen). I realize how far beyond belief this all sounds to people who are just hearing about it now, but Leslie Flint was so thoroughly tested that he was incontrovertibly the real deal. The voices you hear in his recordings are the voices of dead people. If mainstream science could only get past its nonsensical obsession with atheism, soon all the dead would be able to speak to us again!

3. Annie

Annie Member

Thanks Roberta, I'm so glad Leslie Flint shared his talent with the world because it gives us so much information about what the afterlife is really like, information we could not have known otherwise.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I just listened to a few of the conversation on that website, Annie, and they are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this link with us! Leslie Flint is clearly a genuine medium because everything that is said through him is so consistent with how someone in the afterlife would think. It's too bad mediums like this one aren't as common anymore. It must have been truly amazing to hear your loved one's actual voice speaking.

Roberta, I agree with you. So many people would find the afterlife easier to accept if mainstream scientists just accepted it. The work has already been done for them - they can look at thorough proofs that God and the Afterlife exist which are based purely on scientific evidence.

5. Yes! This is the site that made me curious about the afterlife. I listened to some recordings and was surprised he was able to get Ghandi in an EVP. I couldn't understand it though, some of them were static.

I remember listening to one recording where this woman and her dead loved one were able to talk one more time and the sound of him vanishing was in the recording. It sounded great and the audio was clear.

As said above though, it's sad that the media and other sciences don't report this stuff more often. I'm surprised to see many recent recordings and other experiences people type up with evidence that aren't introduced in news articles or anything like that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  6. Annie

Annie Member

So glad you found it Jedi! I agree, I wish that some of the recordings were clearer. Some are so fuzzy that I couldn't make out a word they were saying, especially because most of these people have pretty thick accents. I wish those ones came with transcripts. Some of the ones recorded in later years are better.

Yeah, I really would have thought that these seances would have been more of a big deal. Because from what I have read, people did watch them to make sure they weren't faked. I'm also not really sure why more people don't do these kinds of seances nowadays and record them, or maybe they do but they do them for profit only. :(

7. Some of them are subtitled, such as the one I mentioned. Most of them aren't though, and that's what kind of bummed me about the site. But then again, if they were all perfectly clear then I would have suspected them of being tampered with.

From what I know, people who perform seances are usually in city areas or a place that would be busy. I don't think there is something like that where I live. Most of the ones I look up are in coastal areas like New York or California.

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Jedi, welcome to the greatest frustration of my life! I have been studying the afterlife evidence for decades. It is the greatest story in human history! We have nearly 200 years of abundant afterlife evidence - much of which was documented by people with scientific training - and it is so absolutely consistent across all communication styles and through every one of those 200 years that it is mathematically impossible for the afterlife not to be real. We can show that Jesus told us 2000 years ago exactly what the evidence is telling us now, and we even can show how cutting-edge science can be used to integrate the after-death realities with the realities that we see around us now. But still, hardly anyone knows about this! And every bit of this extraordinary news which is covered by the mainstream media invariably is pigeonholed as New Age nonsense.

The problem seems to be that both mainstream science and mainstream Christianity are closed belief-systems. (If you find it hard to believe this about science, consider the fact that all the university departments, peer-reviewed journals, and other gatekeepers actually consider atheism to be a “fundamental dogma.”) Science and Christianity claim to own together the whole field of human inquiry, while entirely ignoring this tremendous body of evidence that would be relevant to both if only they looked at it seriously!

In the end, of course, the truth will out. Science advances by deaths, and at some fourth-grade desk somewhere is a bright little girl or boy who eventually will win a Nobel Prize for developing a Consciousness Theory of Everything. Meanwhile, sadly, people are suffering unnecessarily. So, since neither science nor Christianity is going to take the lead, it is up to you and me to learn what actually is going on, and then to do what we can to spread the news!