1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs From Our Loved Ones

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by RobertaGrimes, Aug 13, 2012.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I am sorry for your frustration, dear Cleodoggie, and I empathize - there have been times when I felt just the same way! I fussed over some post, thought it was great, and posted it, and... nothing ;-). I came to understand that what we say has to hit someone else just right in order for them to sign on and respond, and I'm used to that now. But it did use to frustrate me!

2. mac

mac Staff Member

You're telling my story! Or rather my previous story..... ;) Hoping there won't be any 'encore presentations' (repeats!!)

3. cleodoggie

cleodoggie New Member

Thanks Roberta and for what you wrote about grief. I wish I had read what you wrote when I was in early grief. I was fortunate to find a website DS for Widows and Widowers and sharing experiences with them has helped me a great deal. Maybe Bella would care to visit this website. I don't know the web address but it can be googled. I still journal there and I respond to some of the posts but now it's giving advice as one who made it through. I am actually very proud of myself for making it through with no counceling or drugs.

4. Hi Cleo, sometimes when people don't respond, we're not ignoring you, we just might not know the answer and are letting people who do know more about what you're asking share their knowledge.

Roberta - there are a lot of times I agree with your posts, or someone else's, and find them really informative. Sometimes someone will hit the nail on the head so well that I don't feel the need to add anything. So just because people might not reply, it doesn't mean we're not reading with interest. In fact, sometimes I read discussions the way I would read a book: read various contributions and then quietly reflect on them by just letting my thoughts flow, instead of trying to formulate words.

5. Roberta,
    You take so much time, and put so much thought into your responses. Your first was above and beyond a big hug. This is an afterlife forum, yet the information here helps us deal with our daily lives on the earth plane. While we know that a person's personality continues (Cleodoggie, how wonderful that your husband came through with humor. Mine seems to be chuckling a lot too), and that they seem happy, and even giddy at times, there is, as you say, Roberta, the loss of the sound of their voices, the feel of their skin, their particular scent. I find myself truly freaking out at the thought that I have lost this multidimensional man who can not be duplicated in the physical sense. It leaves me breathless and gives me palpitations that can sometimes be alleviated with the thought that he is undisturbed because he knows we have eternity together and that this separation is only a short time. When I saw him waving at me, while in the hypnagogic state, this happiness, an all-knowing affirmation, was communicated to me and I hold on to that memory.
    Roberta, you have hit another thing on the head with your story about the family who had created a shrine for their daughter, transitioned in the car accident. I don't want to be that person who ignores the living, who are also suffering from the loss, because any one of them can transition at any time as well. I lost my father and my husband within two months. I wish I could say that I don't fear death, but the comfort of knowing that there is happiness in the afterlife does not take away the pain of the fact that people are ripped from our loving arms here on the earth plane, and that we still long for them.
    So, yes, Roberta, it is all about finding new ways to occupy my time, engaging in new activities, dreaming new dreams. I want to do these things. I am truly trying.
    Thank you so much again for all the time and thought you put into this and other responses.

6. I felt ignored as well. Especially when I asked direct questions with no responses . A few threads were so popular and seemed so annoying to me. Most often negative posts. Sometimes it seemed like a righteous show off of responses leading me to believe my question or response was to elementary. I'm hurting. My son was my best friend and I can't believe he's gone. I'm here praying life after death exists. I know how badly it hurts Bella.

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear beloved Mokandi, I will personally try to make sure that you never feel ignored again! What with book-travel and working and grandmothering, I have had too little time to be here, and being here is a priority for me. So I have cut back sharply on traveling for The Fun of Dying and I am semi-retiring from my law practice (I don't plan ever to fully retire - those I work with now are like family to me). My treasured grandchildren are needing me less (the big-girl youngest is about to turn three!). So I have time now to do what I have long wanted to do. As Andrew steps back (thank you for all your wonderful work here, Andrew!), I have taken on full responsibility for moderating these forums, so I will be here a number of times each day. Here is my hand, dear Mokandi - let me hold yours! If you work at processing your grief, it will get better - I promise you that ;-).

8. Great point, I just joined and truly enjoy the few posts I've either read or been a part of. However, I do have a busy life and I'm like you that when I want to comment on a board like this it makes me think much deeper than posting on some random message board.

That is a good thing though and I also appreciate having open minded people that all seem to present some valid points for or against a given topic. However, there seems to be much less pettiness here, if any at all, then what I see on general message boards. I'm thrilled I found the site and hope to contribute, and read, regularly.

9. I've felt that way too, that some of my posts were ignored. I thought it was cause many of my views are off-the-wall and don't conform to the general views of most forum members. But reading that Roberta and mac felt the same way at times, it seems like that's just the nature of forums. There are lots of people who just read and never post, you never know what sort of an impact we're making, hopefully good. But if someone starts a new thread, I always see replies.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

10. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I too have felt that way. Starting a thread with minimal to no reponses. I think "OK, no one is interested in that so I will post on a different thread." :) But I find that when I am busy, sometimes I only read the last 2 posts of a thread and then comment. I could be missing what someone else has said. Certainly not intentional. So if I have offended anyone I am truly sorry. I will try to do better! :) I just wish I had more time. Work gets in the way! Can't retire yet! :)
    Carol