1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs from electronic devices

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Zac, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Zac

Zac New Member

I've had 3 immediate family members make the transition over the past 5 years, 2 within the past 2 years. That along with some anomalies (orbs and an electrical plate falling from the ceiling in a vacant house) in surveillance video and digital photos sparked my interest in mediumship and ITC. I've had sittings with a few mediums over that time with varying results though generally positive with some providing good evidence. I've also had unusual phenomena such as motion triggered surveillance cameras being triggered at every hour on the hour (to the millisecond according to electronic logs) at the house of the deceased with no visible motion in the frame.

One particularly interesting phenomena is cmos electronic flip-flops (CD4013 part number) changing states apparently spontaneously. This started happening in early 2014 and has occurred 7 times since then. These flip-flops are part of a electronic digital dice toy that I assembled in the 1970s from a radio shack kit. This device is powered a 9V battery (which lasts many years) and has been continuously powered since I assembled it in the late 1970s. I never observed any unexplained/spontaneous state changes over that time. I also built a test bed made of ten of these flip-flops last year and have been watching it since. (I'm an electronics engineer.) I'm also thinking about building an automated version that has an array of these cmos flip-flops monitored by a microcontroller that will record the date/time of any state changes (and triggers other devices such as a digital camera or video recorder). One advantage of flip-flop based devices is they are simple and inexpensive.

The 4013 cmos flip-flops are D type flip-flops. In my test bed, I have the D, clock, and set/reset pin tied to ground through 100K resistors which should prevent any state changes by "normal" means. It is also powered by a battery to avoid any influence by power line transients/noise.

I have no mediumistic ability that I am aware of. And most of the state changes occurred while no one was in the house with the devices. Unfortunately, it occurs very infrequently (6 times in 2 years with the digital dice, twice over a year with my test bed with 10 flip-flops). The digital dice devices have the flip-flop inputs driven hard from another logic output or tied to ground:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Zac

Zac New Member

A good aspect of flip-flops is their simplicity. No computer or other equipment is required for the simplest implementation. The display can be an array of LEDs and perhaps a beeper to alert on state change. My testbed is extremely simple, hand wired on a piece of perf board and powered by a 9v battery. A switch is used to activate the display to check the states which are displayed on 10 LEDs. (they are not displayed continuously to avoid draining the battery) There are also 2 switches hooked up to simultaneously set or reset all the flip-flops using the preset and preclear pins. These are for testing the LEDs and to insure the flip-flops actually retain the state that are set to. I normally leave them all in the zero state (Q=0) when waiting for something to change.

The parts in my digital dice devices date from the late 1970s which were manufactured with a much larger (coarser) process technology than modern parts though they are supposed to be functionally equivalent. The parts in my test bed are from 1991. The older parts with physically larger gates should require more charge gain/loss to change states if the state change is caused by conventional physics principles.

4013 datasheet:

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/CD/CD4013BC.pdf

The flip-flops are constructed of cmos mosfets (transistors) fabricated on a SSI (small scale integration) integrated circuit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSFET

I noted that my digital dice device was changed to invalid combinations (such as "blank" and "7) in 4 cases which are disallowed by the state machine design and should never occur. This suggests the flip-flop states were changed by unconventional means through a mechanism that does not involve manipulating the inputs of the flip-flops.

3. Zac

Zac New Member

4. Unexpected

Unexpected Member

Hello Zac! I wasn't able to view your videos. I was guided to the correct site but I'm always leery about downloads from any sharing site I've never used.

They do use electronic devices to communicate in various ways. I'm sure it was pretty exciting for you to experience that.

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

5. Zac

Zac New Member

6. mac

mac long-term contributor

7. mac

Interesting but it looks inconclusive. What did you make of it?

8. Zac

Zac New Member

I'm not sure. I have many of these videos from the past 6 years from multiple locations, but their frequency has diminished greatly over time. I rarely see them now.

I've had friends (a physicist and another engineer) experienced with optics and video camera design look into this. Our conclusions:

(1) The object is not a memory artifact as the edges are too blurred. There are diffractions from the background, but not exact.

(2) Inspecting the videos frame by frames, the objects' speeds don't match and their trajectories are not the same. There does not seem to be any effects from the air, so it is not a bubble rising, for example. Multiple orbs in the same clip with apparently independent and changing trajectories make dust an unlikely explanation.

(3) Multiple cameras set up in the same location did not trigger at the same time and there are no examples of this phenomena recorded on more than 1 camera simultaneously

(4) Thermal imaging camera focused on the same area did not pick up anything at the time some of the phenomena was recorded.

This video is taken during daylight showing a different phenomena. Note the "flash" near the middle left side at the 49 second mark.

https://streamable.com/lg1l5

Here are a couple more orb videos:

https://streamable.com/tsmgu

https://streamable.com/o789p

9. mac

I wish you luck researching if there's any significance to any of them. Such fleeting phenomena are difficult - if not impossible - to study and harder to fully explain. Did you read the account of the so-called Scole Experimental Group's results? Phenomena abounded, phenomena of many kinds, but there's always the difficult question about what phenomena actually show or prove.

10. Zac

Zac New Member

Yes, I've read most of the published scole material and have Robin Foy's books (Witnessing the Impossible and In Pursuit of Physical Mediumship). Brian Hurst also has a writeup in his book about their seances held in California at his house. It's fascinating, but the Scole team also refused to allow thermal imaging (or even audio recording) and other methods of scientific inquiry which makes analysis difficult or impossible. I can't think of any reason why passive instruments like cameras (including thermal imagers) and audio recorders would affect their activities. The ending also sounded very peculiar to me.

This is a short clip from a medium resolution (320x200) thermal imaging camera. It shows me walking up the stairs and the entry area in my house.

https://streamable.com/71jwr

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  11. mac

I've written here before about my disappointment with the NSSF and its premature demise. To say things sounded peculiar is one giant understatement but it's water under the bridge and those days are over. Passive imaging devices are still being resisted by individuals claiming to be physical mediums who claim they would potentially be injurious to their health. I follow events but now have little interest in re-inventions of the wheel.

I'm grateful to be privileged that I have no need for persuasion about life beyond death. Physical phenomena are a curiosity and marginally interesting at times but take me nowhere particularly interesting or anywhere that hasn't been studied before and perhaps better.

Nonetheless I wish you luck in your endeavours and hope you find what you're seeking.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  12. Zac

Zac New Member

Is NSSF an acronym for the Scole group?

How could passive sensors injure or even affect them? I can imagine certain night vision devices with infrared illuminators potentially having undesirable effects, but passive devices emit nothing. So, those claims never made any sense to me. But, one thing such devices would reveal is fraud like this:

https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath....medium-gary-mannion-exposed-committing-fraud/

What I've seen over the past 6-7 years has convinced me that there is something after our physical bodies die and individual consciousness/personality appears to survive in some form. I'm not sure of many details beyond that.

Thanks, but that sounds like "I've seen it all so there is nothing left to be discovered..."

13. mac

NSSF = New Spiritual Science Foundation

Mannion was caught out in fraud by Wallacia's video recording. I'm not a physical medium claiming that recording with passive devices might cause physical injury - you'd have to address your questions to them, the practitioners saying it, to get answers. The protocol at the AFC requires physical mediumship to be carried out in the light now and I don't know if any p.m. performs there any longer.

I didn't realise you were still searching for personal understanding - sorry I'd assumed wrongly.

You're almost right in your final assumption save that it ought to read (about me) "I've seen/experienced all I personally need to see/experience so I have nothing left for me to discover." Other than the claims being made for the next generation ITC I don't find anything interesting and certainly there's nothing novel that I'm aware of. I don't and didn't mean it should apply to anyone else unless they see things similarly.

14. Zac

Zac New Member

The simplest variation (flip-flop single bit memories and circuitry to sound an alarm if they change state) of the hardware would only cost a few dollars each in quantity. This is a simple 2 bit version I built and sent to a friend to test:

[​IMG]