1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

signs as messages

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Perhaps you are, but it could be that you're not, reading more into the communications blips. Interesting that they weren't linked. My four signs came via electrics. It really is a dilemma to know how to take it; to take it onboard or not? You're right!

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

As am I. I'm sorry it's the case for you, too.

3. bluebird

Understood. I know that you know it's difficult for everyone.

4. bluebird

Ruby,

I'm glad you've had signs. I have also had possible signs, it's just that I can never be SURE that's what they are. I can't help but doubt, especially after the fact.

5. jobun

jobun New Member

this is interesting. my mom is going to be 85 this year. for the last few years she's been telling me she sees her mom, sometimes grandma is just outside her front door, sometimes she appears when mom is in bed. Just last weekend she told me she saw her mom again, but this time she was able to touch her.
    it made my mom so happy. Every once in a while she will see her dad, and she sometimes smells her 2nd husband's pipe tobacco. (My step dad has been gone for over 20 years now).

baob likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

lovely account, jobun :)

7. jobun

jobun New Member

thank you mac. I think so too. My mom would tell me all the time that when Grandma was alive, she would see Grandpa, and Grandma would tell him to go away, she wasn't ready to go yet.... My mom doesn't tell my Grandma that when she sees her. She's just happy to see her mom. She tells me that she's thinking of her mom a lot lately. I'm glad that these sightings bring her comfort and happiness. It doesn't matter how old you are, you always need your mom.

baob likes this.
  8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Bluebird, glad to hear you've had possible signs. I am of the same opinion as you and the question of what exactly I did experience is never far from my mind.

9. bluebird

Same here. I so much want and need the possible signs to be real, legitimate messages from my husband, and precisely because that is of the utmost importance to me, I worry that the possible signs are just indications of wishful thinking on my part.

Also, I am SO angry. Angry that my husband died (not angry at him, but at god/universe/fate/whatever), and angry that we who are left behind don't receive clear signs -- every one of us, from each loved one who dies. In fact, not even just "signs" -- we need and deserve clear, direct communication.

baob likes this.
  10. bluebird

I fully agree. I do not believe that we choose all of the bad things that happen to us, in order to "grow spiritually". I think it's possible that at least some people do choose to experience some things, but I absolutely do not believe it to be true across the board. There is no way either I nor my husband would have chosen to have him die when he did. His death ended both his life and mine, and once I met and fell in love with him, I knew that if he ever died before me that would be the result. And to play devil's advocate for a moment -- if somehow I am mistaken, and we did choose it prior to this life, then we totally screwed up and I should not be penalized in any way if I were to kill myself in order to end this and be with him again.

In a wider scope, I do not believe that millions of people, many of them children, choose to die in the world's various holocausts, wars, and natural disasters, nor via the many illnesses in existence. I do not believe that any children choose to be molested or abused, that anyone chooses to be raped, etc.

In my opinion, people who believe that we choose all of the bad things which happen to us hold that belief due to (misguided) religious reasons, as you stated, and because it gives them some sense of control over the events in their lives and the lives of their loved ones -- i.e., if they chose it, then it is not just the vagaries of fate or other people's free will, that some particular bad thing happened to them; rather, there is a reason for it, and it was their choice. I suppose some people find that comforting....