1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs And Messages 'from The Other Side'

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hi Lola - many thanks for your reply. Mmmm.... not sure I go along with the "followed you home" take on this, but I do agree that he was appreciative of your sympathy and understanding. In my experience these souls just want their story known and acknowledged, and in my sphere of work, for records to be set straight sometimes. By the way, prior to me taking up the military memorials work I had the same experiences with family of mine and others in spirit. Good to be in touch with you!

2. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Could you elaborate on one of these experiences, Cassie? I would love to hear it. There is little doubt that these people want their stories told, as it happens often. I think we are much more connected to the "other side" than we know, and once we acknowledge this, the connection only gets deeper. The work you do most likely has caused a connection with many more spirits than you are even aware of.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

There's an old saying that those close to this earth dimension are drawn to 'the light' of a sensitive.

We can't know why a young man who passed so long ago is still 'around', still attracted by whomever is on his wavelength. A young man who perhaps has yet to complete his transition to the the world of the spirit. But attracted they seem to be by these sensitives and these 'lost spirits' may be more aware of this world and of the movements of some of the individuals in it, than they are of the dimension they are supposed to be in.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I think you probably know the phrase 'followed you home' means only that the spirit stayed close to the sensitive who became aware of his closeness.

I have little understanding of such situations but it wouldn't be too hard to conceive of someone wanting to 'put the record straight' over the circumstances of a particular event, something still important to that individual. Indeed if it is so important it may be that urge to have things set straight that keeps the individual 'around' the earth's dimension.

Remember that time means nothing 'over there' and a couple of centuries or even longer has no significance in a dimension without time.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I'd also be interested in hearing more about your activities, Cassie. You might consider starting a new thread to share your experiences with members.

6. Lola Hoovler

Mac: I totally agree with you. I looked up this guy's history, and because of his overwhelming war record and the fact that he was a Lieutenant at only 20, there is a kind of summary about him on the internet. From the age of 18 to 21, he was caught in the middle of the Civil War, which was indescribably ugly (I studied it for a few years a decade ago). He was educated and not at all a product of poverty. This is very unusual and unlike the rough and hardened young men that were involved in the Civil War, he was studying to become a minister when he was forced into a ridiculous number of horrible battles and then died at age 21. Therefore I think it is perfectly reasonable that he is probably more interested in this world than perhaps he should be, as I don't believe that anyone could go through what he did and still be perfectly "sane." It makes no sense to think he could just forget all he went through while he was here. Also, his religious beliefs most likely didn't "gel" with the actual afterlife, making his situation even more traumatic.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

In your view, Lola, is it a good thing he's still attached to where we are rather than where he should be?

8. Lola Hoovler

9. Lola Hoovler

Hell no. I hate war, but that is why he is attached here. He is unable to let it all go, but I don't blame him for that. He was just a kid who was trying to do what he considered "honorable" and important. We have to remember he was born into Victorian times, and his thinking is not like ours. If he was physically here, he would be horrified at women going to bars and wearing skimpy clothes. He was studying to be a Lutheran minister, and in that religion, women are expected to "know their place" which means they should be quiet and let men "run the show."

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Is anyone helping him to resolve his issues? Or does he reject any such offer of help?