1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. lovehim

lovehim Member

I was with my dear beloved's father last week and he told me he saw a flock of snow geese flying right over him, in ten degree weather.
    Today, I went out to Starbucks and saw a group of four snowgeese, half way across the country from where my dear beloved's family is/where I was last week, and in 10 degree weather, right outside my house, when I got home!

Unexpected likes this.
  2. Zac

Zac Member

I was in a supermarket with my mom this morning and a bag of corn chips fell off the shelf just as we walked past. I managed to catch it and put it back on the shelf. I couldn't see any explanation for why the bag would suddenly fall off the shelf. But, is this a random event or a sign?

About 3 years ago, a carton of milk fell off a shelf as we walked by. The milk was behind a glass door which no one had opened. This happened a few days after my father passed.

3. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

I've walked down grocery aisles and seen stuff fall off a shelf.

Your experience MIGHT be a sign, something to grab your attention, or it might just be down to simple physics, an object positioned unstably and then falling because of something you can't see or hear, like a vibration when a fridge compressor switches on or off.

Just because we can't figure a simple explanation for something happening doesn't mean there isn't one.

;)

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

... and by the same token, dear beloved friends, just because we can see a simple explanation for some event doesn't mean that it is not a sign! For our loved ones not in bodies to give us signs without messing heavily with physics and thereby freaking us out is in fact much harder than you might think, so let's cut them some slack here. One of the things they generally do as they are delivering their signs is to put a thought of themselves in our minds as the sign is happening; so seeing something odd happen as you are thinking of your loved one seems pretty much to guarantee that the loved one was behind it.

Those that we used to think were dead tell us repeatedly that there are no coincidences. I have seen communications which suggest that literally every odd event is actually so unlikely that our first thought should be not "coincidence," but "sign." In fact, while the odds against something falling off a shelf aren't long, Zac, the odds against two different things falling off two different shelves at two different times in the same supermarket when you happened to be walking by are so long that this MUST have been a sign! Do you see how it works?

pandora97 and Unexpected like this.
  5. bill zola

bill zola Member

Several months back when I was getting white feathers on an almost daily basis from my beloved friends of mine who She cared deeply for were driving when the road was filled with white feathers. My friend who is still skeptical about this said there was an explanation. A poultry truck was ahead of them and it frightened the birds when it hit a bump. Sure there is a physical explanation for just about everything but the fact remained that She communicated (at that time) mostly with white feathers and She was speaking to them. I considered it a sign.

6. mac

When bereaved and grieving we will likley be thinking about those we've lost almost constantly - at least that's how it was for me.

Even when focused on the mundane stuff of life our loved ones lost are in our background thoughts and they are likely to come to the foreground in an instant. Hence we might associate any odd happening with those thoughts and assume it had caused as a way to show their presence. I'm not saying that doesn't happen but I am saying it's not as certain as suggested. Statisticians will examine a set of conclusions but use information we may not be aware of to explain their findings. Do you reject such an analysis because it's not what you want to believe? It's a 'glass-half-empty-half-full?' situation.

To my mind it would make much more sense for our unseen loved ones to bring about an unexplained event in our home, somewhere both they and we closely relate to. Much less persuasive for me would be a store with no emotional resonance for either of us. Wouldn't it be logical for them to put their energy into - say - moving a watch or a ring to a really unusual position in our bedroom, a place we'd be highly unlikely to have done it absent-mindedly? And then placed in our minds a thought of them.

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar, and sometimes an item falling off a shelf does so simply because someone brushed into it or put it back in an unsteady position.

This doesn't mean that there are no such things as signs, nor that Zac's experience (or anyone else's) isn't a sign. If you feel that it is and it helps you, that's a good thing, but to assign such meaning to every mundane occurrence cheapens the possibly real ones, in my opinion (not speaking of you specifically, Zac, just in general).

8. mac

agreed

9. Zac

Zac Member

I'm not sure. In my case, the falling milk carton happened nearly 3 years ago in a bel-air supermarket while the falling corn chips happened at winco a few days ago. But, if this is a sign, what is a sign of and from whom? How can I tell?

I haven't had anything like this happen since last summer though. From my notes:

July 2017: TV turned off inexplicably (power line data logger showed no AC power line anomalies, no other electronic device malfunctions or flickering lights)

February 2017: 2 battery powered motion sensor lights on the stairs turned on inexplicably at around 3am (I have about 10 of those lights lining the stairway)--this was captured on video surveillance which detected the lights coming on as motion. The area where the lights came on was where my old hound (who passed 3 years earlier) used to like laying. It is particularly odd since the lights above and below that area were not triggered.

May-August 2016: electronic flip flop device changed states multiple times (none since then though), digital dice device changed state once, cell phone called friend while sitting on table, battery powered window shade closed by itself

Feburary 2016: battery powered window shade closed by itself

2015: digital dice device changed state once, battery powered window shade closed by itself (been in operation for 15 years and never actuated by itself before) (dad passed in early 2015)

2014: digital dice device changed states multiple times (has been in existence and powered for past 35 years and never done this before) (hound passed in early 2014)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018