1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm always happy to try to help individuals understand the notion of our survival beyond death.

You are fortunate and privileged to have had clear indications that your husband lives on but my perspective is that for most of us continued-contact with those we love but who have passed is not intended. There are always the exceptions who will tell you how well they continue to communicate with a husband or wife but in practice they are few and far-between.

Such experience may help you find your own similar way and there is at least one thread here that details member experiences in self-taught communication. I expect those involved will tell you more.

SashaS and Unexpected like this.
  2. bill zola

bill zola Member

SashaS I can only speak from my own experiences. When not in work I was a 24/7 caretaker for the love of my life since 2014 as She deteriorated. So, sadly, I have a lot of free time on my hands now. Like you I spend a lot of time reading, researching and practicing any form of communication I come upon. For me it started a few days after Her transition with white feathers. They were everywhere, not just for me but for a close friend of ours. Also other typical signs in the form of electrical interference, etc. They were signs, not direct communications. Through 3 mediums it has progressed to communication and now through dowsing we are in direct contact. I still grieve on a daily basis for the loss of Her physical body and probably will for the rest of my life but She is here, full on and getting better at communicating with me as time goes on.
    I have dedicated my life to developing my skills of communication with Her and others who have transitioned as well as helping others through the process.
    I am in the process of starting to do hospice volunteer work so my total focus, outside of my day job is this work.
    There are many books, online programs, techniques, etc to develop this communication. A local spiritualist church has been very helpful for me. I don't know this sites rules, maybe Mac can tell me, but I can recommend a person who does phone consultations who totally blew me away.
    As I mentioned I was Her 24/7 caretaker. I have never loved nor been loved more in my lifetime by anyone else so our bond is pretty strong and love is the ultimate power in this and all universes IMO.

Susie will not talk to me sometimes through the dowsing. I always ask if we can talk and often She says no. I have come to learn that there are things that I either can not understand or am not ready to understand. She stated to me very clearly early after Her transition that I am human and She no longer is. She has shown me, and this is not meant to sound cruel or condescending, that I and most of us here are still like children and do not understand what those who have transitioned, as well as our higher selves, understand much more than we are presently capable of.

Lastly as far as the feathers. I began seeing them before I learned this is a common form of Their reaching out to us, so it wasn't wishful thinking or a self fulfilling prophesy. Just last week I learned about Julian Lennon's White Feather Foundation and how John's message to Julian through a white feather changed Julian's life and the creation of a beautiful charitable organization.

I wish you the very best in your beautiful studies and experiences, and as horrible as this process is, it is also very beautiful.
    Peace

SashaS and Club Tropicana like this.
  3. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Hello Sasha! As Mac mentioned, there is a thread on this forum for self-guided afterlife connections. Within that thread is the link to Craig Hogan’s page that provides you all the information to get started should you decide that is the path you wish to take. You can also go directly to the AREI website and access the information there. The connections are provided for free by Craig. He will teach you how to communicate/connect to your loved one.

Best wishes.

SashaS likes this.
  4. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Thank you Mac for your kind reply and your help! Even me, I'm not sure if is appropriate to communicate or not. But after my husband passed I see this world from another view. I believed even before in AFL. Now I don't care about a lot of things which I cared before and I see myself sometimes so outside from this world. A part of me is gone there. Yes, I enjoy the time with my children, would be even better to be all together with our daddy but this is our reality. Separated for now!
    But is so amazing: there is an afterlife for everyone of us! If possibilities exists here in earth to know more why not. I will try!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Thank You for your help Unexpected! I have seen Craig Hogan's page and some videos of him on youtube. Also I read two of Robert Monroe's books. You all are so kind!

Unexpected likes this.
  6. SashaS

SashaS New Member

As You mentioned I was too His 24/7 caretaker. I have never loved nor been loved more in my lifetime by anyone else. When he passed away that ache I never thought existed.

So also, I think our bond is pretty strong and love is the ultimate power in this and all universe.

So well said!

Thank You for sharing your experience Bill! I wish you too the very best on your developing your communication skills.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I would like to ask Bill based in your experience what kind of dowsing method is better rods or pendant. Is that true? Thank you!

8. bill zola

bill zola Member

Hi SashaS. Everyone is different but I'm currently using a smokey quartz pendulum. I always ask Susie if we can talk. Sometimes She says no sometimes yes. Than I give thanks. I think it is very important to be thankful for this gift.
    The Craig Hogan guided stuff is very powerful and effective.

SashaS likes this.
  9. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Thank you Bill!

10. bill zola

bill zola Member

Thank you SashaS and everyone. I went for a walk today, I've gotten out of shape because of my depression. Lately, in addition to communication through the dowsing and dreams, Susie has been sending me what I think are "atta boys" when I do something that is healthy. This morning when I was walking I found 5 white feathers of different sizes and an upturned penny.
    I had a very powerful dream where She visited me last night.

SashaS likes this.
  11. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I wish I could dream with him again and could see him. But I don't know why that it's stopped for me.

12. bill zola

bill zola Member

Hi SashaS,
    Just my opinion and what I'm picking up and some general questions to Roberta, Mac and the other's here who's journey it has been much longer than mine.
    *For a long time I begged for dreams and nothing. But lately it's been happening. I know I'm working my butt off to increase my abilities to communicate with little Susie and I think She is doing the same thing from the other side. Her skill set has changed over time. Early on it was the white feathers only, not any back and forth communication just showing me She is still here. Than actual two way communication first through the mediums and now through dreams and dowsing. IMHO we never stop learning. And if you think about it people become good students in areas they LOVE. Now the feathers come when She seems to "approve" of what I'm doing. The approval is lately always when I am taking better care of myself and others. Going for walks, helping others, etc.
    *SashaS you asked about dowsing tools. Many years ago I was using dowsing rods. One day II got lost and held up one rod and asked to find my way back to the highway. It turned and I followed the rod and got back to the highway. I totally lost that skill until very recently, but now with the pendulum. I think these skillsabilities/gifts come and go based upon what we need.
    *I am so f-ing down today. I know She's here, She gave me 5 feathers this morning but my humaness is so limiting. It's raining and bleak and getting dark. She's here but still I weep.
    Peace.

SashaS likes this.
  13. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I know Bill! It's a long journey! We were together to don't be apart. And I'm not giving up!
    Thank you of being kind with me and I wish your pain will be less one day!
    Peace!

14. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

This is not heavy or mystical stuff but...........yesterday at dusk, I went to the cemetery with my new fiance, Betty, and with some very beautiful flowers to visit her mother and father's grave sight. We climbed a short hill to the marker and spent some time digging out the metal vases planted in the ground near the head stone and filled one with water to hold the lovely flowers. I am not particularly psychic but Betty's mother showed me (in a way I can't describe) how much she loves and appreciates those flowers and thanked us for coming to the cemetery with them even though she (the mother) does not live nor hang around there! I hesitated to tell Betty what her mother said and did but soon after, while Betty and I embraced by the grave stone, both her mother and dad wrapped there very large, spiritual arms around both of us and lovingly held us in a very affectionate and loving embrace so I had to tell Betty what I had seen and was experiencing at that moment. Betty does not believe in psychic stuff but she is open to the concepts that I offer her so feeling the embrace of spirit or Dis-incarnates was real for me and happily acceptable to Betty. Betty is open to most of my "stories" about other Dis-incarnates and the after-life so it's getting easier and easier to say what is real and true for me as it happens and Betty's mother has appeared (to me) many times and in many unique situations but not as a pest or nag. I honestly wish I was fully psychic so I could have and share a deep and intense communication with those in the afterlife and pass the communications on to Betty as Readings.
    For now, the contacts are occasional and Betty is open to what I tell her about the contacts. It's interesting that the Dis-incarnates seem to come around just to say "hello" or offer love and respect but not much more. Betty's "bi-polar" now dis-incarnate husband once appeared to me to say how much he loves and enjoys our relationship and that he wants to give Betty the love, respect and joy, etc. that he could not or did not give her while they were married!!! I was so touched by this that it brought me to tears! I am more than happy to allow her ex husband to "love" her as he wanted to through me since it's all love, friendship and joy - so, why not? I have known for a long time that Dis-incarnates can and do enjoy tastes, feelings and many other experiences in and through us Incarnates even if we do not know it at the time. They are not here to invade us or "use" us - just to enjoy things in, with and through us as loving friends and partners or companions. This may seem offensive or even frightening to some Incarnates but not to me since I never feel invaded or used by any Dis-incarnate so long as love and respect is here. It's particularly interesting that Betty's mother is so able to "tune in" to and communicate with me. I never knew her and have only seen a few pictures of her at Betty's place. When the mother appears, there is no image or form and she never says, "Hi Jim, it's me, Minnie." ....so I don't know exactly how I know it's Betty's mom or her dis-incarnate ex husband!!! I just know it's them!
    I expect there will be more contacts as time goes by.........

15. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Bill, let those tears pour out .....A LOT!!......they bring healing and relief from inner pain and grief...............

16. lovehim

lovehim New Member

I just wanted to share that among many interesting, bizarre, things that have happened to me since the two weeks my beloved passed...about a week ago I started getting “signs” and in that day was the last day I bawled the whole day.

We don’t “talk” or anything but I’ve had two dreams now - one in which he asks me to dance The Beach Boys song forever. I refuse because I tell him he didn’t give me forever...he says “but look, I did.” The following day, his mother emailed me that she dreamed he drew a picture of a dance!!

Two days later, I dream he’s headed to the airport with an older woman I don’t recognize. I ask if I can come. He tells me I’m not ready yet but when I am he’ll be there and that we’ll be in touch until then.

Today, I turn on the television and the show that’s on- at the exact moment I turn it on - is seinfeld, and in the episode, they allude to death and “getting it right”...and mention his sister’s name which is quite uncommon!

Before bed, I try to meditate, not necessarily Craig’s, but something to just clear my mind and give me peace as sleep has been hard. I felt something touch my forehead and my arm and when I looked in the mirror there were fresh marks on both places.

So, maybe it’s a coincidence, but this is just making me believe!! I just wanted to share with you all as I’m new on this journey and when I started “feeling signs” is when I stopped feeling like I wanted to die, too (not suicidal but just wanting to be with him).

17. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Hi mac!
    I would like to ask you about something. Maybe is personal but I would like an advice. My husband when he was still alive, his lasts days, asked me to don't interrupt the relationship with some his familiars. They behaved bad with him. I had a vivid dream after he passed when he showed to me that he still lives and a place above the sea and holding children. Than he said to me that his familiars are a menace for me.
    Maybe is a stupid question. Maybe I'm gonna have an answer from my angel. Maybe my consciousness will tell me what to do. But for now I don't know?!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  18. mac

I don't give advice unless I'm certain I know the answer! But I will offer my thoughts about the things you've asked me.

Firstly it's good that you know your husband is alive and well and still cares for you. I don't know what he means, though, about his family being a menace for you. Family relationships can be tricky. Do you feel uncomfortable around his family? Do they cause you any problems? If all is well then why not just carry on as normal for now until you feel confident about the situation?

Maybe you'll have another dream and all will become clear. Maybe you'll eventually figure out for yourself what YOU want to do, what's right for you. Unless there is an urgent need to do something might it be better just to wait to see what happens in your life?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  19. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Thank you for the reply mac! You helped me a lot! Your thoughts gave me the answer! Sorry for the question but where I live if I talk for such things they think that I'm not okay. Thank you again!

20. mac

I'm glad it helped you a little. :) Here on ALF there's nothing to fear from talking about issues concerning death and the afterlife. We won't personally have all the answers but spiritually-evolved guides and teachers have often given guidance that we can pass on.

SashaS likes this.