1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that....

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Momsgirl, your mom is right there with you now. You can speak to her, and she will hear you, so tell her you love her! Give her the genuine smile she loves! Thank her and bless her and tell her you will do your very best to apply to the rest of your life what she has taught you, and ask her if she can propose a particular sign that it is easy for her to give but that you will notice and that will be a hug from her during the rest of your life before you can be hugged by her again for real! (You will be hugged by her again - I promise) Some can do this, some can't, and some wonder whether it is good for you, so attach no importance if it doesn't happen: this is primarily something you can say to her that feels like your old easy closeness. You can chat to you as you drive, or in the bath, or whenever you like; just please don't always be sad. Your relationship with her has suffered a significant change, but it is stronger now than it ever was and she is in fact in a gorgeous and love-filled place where no one ever can harm her again. Please say some happy things to her, too - please don't always show her just pain!

A lot of what has been happening looks genuine to me. The tea light thing and the butterflies: butterflies are so commonly used as signs as to be nearly universal, and since our loved ones not in bodies are energy beings it is easy for them to mess with anything electrical. I have had some electrical signs that were amazing! The dreams, too, sound genuine. Are they still clear in your mind? Often our loved ones don't talk in dreams, but they show themselves to be healthy and happy. Dear Momsgirl, if you would like a PDF of The Fun of Dying, please just contact me through robertagrimes.com!

Kurt likes this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Momsgirl, I am so sorry for your loss, especially in that way.

I understand not knowing if the things you're seeing are communication or wishful thinking. My advice would be to just remain aware, and observe. Perhaps it will become more clear to you in time. As far as a medium, a 6 month wait for a reputable one is not unusual; I think I had to wait for close to a year for my appointment with the medium I saw. Perhaps you could do some research into various mediums? Doing so doesn't obligate you to have a reading, of course, but it would be good preparation in case you ever did decide to see one, and it might make you feel a bit better to do something concrete like that.

If you do ever see a medium, and if you feel your father tries to communicate with you through her/him, you are under no obligation to communicate with him.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Momsgirl,
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I can only speak from my own experience and the experience of some very close friends who have experienced the loss of a loved one. A dear friend of mine and I have both been reached within days of our loss by our loved ones and continue to be touched, consoled, guided and most importantly loved every day by them and others who are with them on the other side.
    From what I've read some who experience a traumatic passing are not aware that they have transitioned.
    You mention the tea lights, butterflies and dreams coming very soon. To me that means that your mom's peaceful transition was successful and she immediately returned to reassure you that she's ok. In spite of the terrible pain you must experience please know IMO that these experiences are signs of her true love for you.
    As far as your father goes i pity him. Whatever feelings you have for him are natural and justified but please realize that he is on no position to harm you. Sadly he has IMO harmed himself to a much greater extant. Please let him deal with what he needs to deal with and keep your heart open to receive those butterflies and other beautiful signs of your mom's love.
    I wish you Peace and an ongoing relationship with your loving mom.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I agree with everything you just said.

I fear he may be in the outer darkness, but considering what he did I cannot find it in me to feel sorry for him.

Bill Z likes this.
  6. Momsgirl

Momsgirl New Member

Thank you all for your kind replies. I asked mom yesterday for a sign. The tealight is still on almost 72 hours later. Yesterday when I was looking at signs I saw where others have received coins and feathers. I had not seen those up until today. I found a piece of a white feather in the back of my vehicle. There is absolutely no reason for that to be there. I can only believe it's my mom. I'm not sure my brothers believe in these signs because they go silent when I mention them. Though they grief their grief is much different than mine as I basically lived with and did whatever I could to help and protect my mother from my father's verbal abuse. She was my best friend and my life.
    Regarding my father, he said many times that my mother and I would end up in hell for ignoring his rants. I cannot willingly believe that he would be allowed to be with her. He took her from her precious grandchildren who at their ages should not have to deal with something like this. I hope wherever he is he is in misery because that's what he did to all of us. I know my mom has to be in a happy place.

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

She is definitely in The Best places the afterlife has to offer.... She's in a heaven that is so heavenly even the angels would be in awe if they saw it. She is definitely in a great place....

I just cannot understand why a man would kill his wife because she loved her daughter...

He sounds like pure evil. At least Michael Myers had a reason to kill and a origin story... Your father had none.

I hope that you can find peace within yourself.

8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I understand what a dark place this has left you in and wish there was something I could say to could ease your agony.

Signs and symbols are frequently reported.

You don't have to wait for any reason other than non-availability of a reputable medium. It might be desirable, however, to get to grips with the terrible shock before sitting with a medium. [By 'medium' I mean 'spiritual medium', 'evidential medium', someone who acts as a go-between between you and your mom in your case. NOT a 'psychic medium'.] If you do visit with an evidential medium she shouldn't ask you questions and you shouldn't volunteer information.

Feeling you were to blame is often part of grieving but your mother won't hold you in any way to blame. I'm glad you're rejecting suicide - that would simply compound the heartache and likely break your mom's heart.

Your father's spirit is alive but without love for you he would be unable to reach out to you through a spiritual medium.

Kurt likes this.
  9. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I hope the signs you're finding are bringing the relief they're intended to bring. You shouldn't concern yourself about your brothers. They must find their own way through grief but nothing is stopping them asking you how you're dealing with it. You can offer them a few thoughts but it's up to them - you're not expected to persuade them.

I don't know how you father will feel now and neither does anyone else here. He may deeply regret what he's done but who knows? But until and unless he faces his actions and seeks to make amends he'll remain in whatever state he presently finds himself.

Your mother will be looked after 'over there' but naturally she is likely to miss your physical presence and those of her grandkids. Don't forget, though, that she knows what will eventually happen and will have much love and support from those around her. You, though, are struggling with the enormity of what's happened and wondering what comes next.

I hope you'll stay on ALF at least for a time; what you learn about survival could help you cope better. :)

Kurt likes this.
  10. Ruby

Ruby New Member

You sound remarkably strong in the face of this terrible thing that's happened in your family. What I did when my son died from cancer is get online and read about after-life research. Piero Calvi-Parisetti's website is helpful. Also you could try Leslie Kean's 2017 book "Surviving Death". She is a down to earth, no nonsense investigative journalist.

Kurt likes this.