1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Did the "professional medium" give you any information you didn't already know?

2. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Yes, she relayed an incident between my grandfather and father, that I knew nothing about before the reading.

3. mac

good job!

DenverGuy likes this.
  4. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

My husband passed 10 months ago. I had to relocate to another city afterward for work. I brought very few things with me as I was moving myself. (No one to help.) One thing I brought was a large portrait of my husband. The picture was the last taken of him, two days before his sudden passing. His friends had it blown up to poster size mounted on a cardboard backing and had it on an easel at his service. I brought it into the new house. All I remember was feeling very exhausted as I carried items from the truck to inside. I remember thinking that I had to put that poster someplace safe where my pets would not knock it over or damage it. But I actually have no further recollection and don't have any idea where I put it. Keep in mind, I was pretty much sleep-walking through this time as I was so dazed from his passing and what I had to do to go forward. Bottom line, I put the picture away and did not see it again, nor did I think of it, or even remember bringing it to the new home. (I am still struggling with grief and stress and sleep deprivation.) A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, I woke up and went into the laundry room to feed the kitties. There was the picture, face up, on the floor, right in the doorway. I have no idea how it got there. I live with only my kitties. Here is the poster photo.

Attached Files:

ShingingLight1967 likes this.
  5. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

I will also relate an event that happened after my mother passed in Dec 2009. My mom, whose name was Sybil, was living in an assisted living community with my dad. She was 80 and had many close calls from poor health. However, she was still very vibrant and engaged with friends and activities. She had made a good friend named Katherine, who was older and a retired college professor. They spent a lot of time together and led a weekly meeting with residents to discuss current events. Sadly, Katherine fell and broke her hip. After surgery, she was in a rehab facility for quite a while getting therapy. While she was there, Mother had a heart attack, and after a couple of weeks of heart and respiratory failure in a different hospital, passed away. Several days later, my sister went to visit Katherine to give her the news but Katherine's family asked her not to mention my mom's passing, as Katherine was very frail and they were afraid it would upset her too much. So my sister just went in to say hello, without telling her of my mom. Katherine had a roommate in a semi-private room. The roommate asked my sister, "Who in the heck is Sybil?" My sister asked why she was asking. The roommate said for the past few nights, Katherine had been up late talking to someone named Sybil, having conversations and laughing. The roommate did not see or hear any other person in the room. She was annoyed that Katherine was keeping her awake. Katherine had no recollection of this when my sister asked her about it.

6. peanutbritt

peanutbritt New Member

I lost the love of my life Albert 11 weeks ago. The first week I experienced many sign from him, usually shortly after I requested them. I was very specific - I asked for roses (very significant for us, I have all the roses he gave me including the rose he gave on our first date) and encountered a bouquet of dried roses in the street 30 mins later, or again I asked on our anniversary and 10 minutes later walked into a building with a huge graphic of roses on the window. I asked for a padlock and found one in a drawer the next day, a drawer I had been through the day before and had not seen the padlock. Things like that. Then, they stopped.

I begged for signs, communication, dreams, anything - and nothing. I was in so much distress because I was really convinced I would be communicating with him immediately, our bond was so, so strong. I talked to a couple of mediums that people referred me to and had a terrible experience with one of them, she was clearly fishing and provided statements that were nothing he would ever say and it was just terrible. And the other was somewhat disappointing because of very general statements (he loves you and says your love will never die, he is happy, he is doing some kind of work with music...) So I was devastated and losing hope.

Last week, I went out with some of his friends to a dinner. These were Albert's friends whom I have met a few times but don't know so well, so I was a little uncomfortable after a while and just wanted to be home.

During dinner however, a song that was one of "our songs" came on in the restaurant. It was a song that he sent a video of himself singing to me, that we sang every morning when going skiing all last winter. It's not a contemporary song, so it surprised me a lot to hear it. I acknowledged the song and sent Albert a thank you. Then, walking home in the rain after midnight, there was florist shop that was open (incredibly unusual here in Barcelona) and I peered in. There was a bucket of blue roses, one of the first things I saw. I would not have been walking if not for the rain so would not have seen this. He gave me blue roses once (I have one of them still) and had been asking him to show me a blue rose for weeks, up until about a month ago when I gave up. Well, here they were. I bought one along with a white one and they made up a bouquet for me. I thanked Albert for them.

Yesterday too some of my electronics went a little crazy - phone talking to me when it was off, a video on my computer screen repeatedly turned on even though I repeatedly put it on pause, my phone screen getting dark and light and freezing then going back to normal. And I have been seeing feathers EVERYWHERE and 5-10 times a day. Not only outside either, I found a tiny white feather on my desk yesterday.

Last night at another dinner, one of his friends delivered a rose to me midway through. I have it here and can only hope it was Albert who guided his friend to buy it for me.

I am taking these all as signs and thanking him whenever I see them. I really hope things are changing. I want a dream visitation so very badly. I feel like my life would change completely if I just could have some communication with him.

What do you think about this? Am I grasping for straws here?

7. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

I think these are too many signs to be a coincidence. What a beautiful blessing. I am so sorry he has departed but he clearly loves you more than ever.

peanutbritt likes this.
  8. peanutbritt

peanutbritt New Member

I received yet another rose tonight. It is interesting that I was asking Albert to show me roses before. Now, I am not only seeing them but receiving them from others now, two nights in a row, plus the blue ones I bought for myself the other night.

JCinTX likes this.
  9. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Peanutbritt, I agree - those are too many coincidences to be a coincidence. That sounds like the real deal to me. I hope they continue. That is absolutely terrible about the medium.

It's been over 15 months and I don't think I have noticed any signs. Every now and then I get a chill, though. The other day I was walking somewhere and thinking about my girlfriend, and I felt a VERY strong chill. I felt it in my back and even my upper arms. Of course I have to wonder, is it her, or me?

peanutbritt likes this.
  10. peanutbritt

peanutbritt New Member

Last night I received THREE roses. This is the third night in a row I have received roses from various people.

Now, it's not so unusual to be given a rose as in this city there are men who walk through the bars and restaurants all over town selling them. But suddenly I am receiving them or finding them in the particular unusual color that I had been asking for earlier.

My question now is: why the increase in everything now? What's happening with him or us to facilitate any of this if these are truly signs?

It has been 11 weeks tomorrow and I am still in the depths of grief. I can only surmise that Albert has learned some skills or was not available before. Or I wasn't ready perhaps. I desperately want communication and I worry if I am still in denial that he is truly gone.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  11. peanutbritt

peanutbritt New Member

Found ANOTHER rose today. This is four days in a row for a total of 6 roses!

It came at a good time, I was on the way to Albert's apartment for one last visit before I handed the keys over to his family. I was very anxious and sad about this. I was leaving the restaurant with a friend I just had lunch with, heading in the direction of his place (a 30minute walk) and looked up in a tree that was on the sidewalk and there was a drying rose draped in the crook of two large branched. This considerably lifted my mood -- I took it as a sign that he is with me and aware of my sadness in the face of what I was about to do.

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Peanutbritt! You are receiving lots of wonderful signs - please don't question them, but instead thank him for them (aloud!) and enjoy them for the hugs that they are.

We cannot know specifically why he seemed to be away for a little time, but people after they have transitioned are as varied in their lives as are people here! He could have been taking a course, traveling with friends, working on getting his house together, or any of a hundred other things; and since people there are not living in time, what seemed like a quick separation to him could have gone on for days from your perspective. Please accept that he is alive and well for certain, and he still loves you, and allow him a little more space now, since for us to keep holding on to our transitioned loved ones emotionally can limit the fun that they are having there. The very fact that you are still in a body means that you have more to do here! So please go back to making the most of this lifetime with peace and love and joy in your heart, and try to grow spiritually as much as you can... make the most of this very precious lifetime!

13. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

That sounds good, but I have a problem with the "fun" part, especially if it's a life partner. A distant uncle, perhaps, a remote cousin, but your wife or husband, girlfriend or boyfriend? It's probably just me, but I guess I just don't understand how they would having great fun without us. I would also think they would also understand our huge sense of loss when they were ripped away from us, leaving our lives ripped apart through no fault of their own. Of course I wouldn't want them to feel the same pain, but maybe a little? It's possible that it wouldn't be as bad for them because they know that we will be together again some day. I just don't know...

bluebird and peanutbritt like this.
  14. peanutbritt

peanutbritt New Member

I'm with you, DenverGuy. I can't believe all of their feelings for us and the capacity to miss us goes away. I suppose the sense of time is not linear and thus they understand they will see us again so very soon, but I think they would feel something of our suffering at least.

The other thing I don't understand is how we hold them back by missing them so much.

DenverGuy likes this.
  15. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Denverguy and Peanutbritt, they are NOT separated from us! They can draw near to us whenever they like, and many of the dead report that they don't "miss" us since from their perspective, there seems not really to be a separation. So they aren't sad; they don't fret; and from their perspective the separation is not long since they don't experience time as we do.

As for why your missing them severely will hold them back, it seems to be a factor of energy and the love-connection between you: it's as if your love is a literal tie, and your grieving is a tug on that tie.

Dear friends, please don't wish unhappiness on these people that you love so much! But rather, please do your best to learn that of course they are fine and you will see them again soon; and then go on to live your best life here, and allow them the joy of exploration and discovery there while they still keep in touch with you here. It really is all good!!

16. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I completely agree.

DenverGuy likes this.
  17. bluebird

I agree. And I don't believe we hold them back by missing them. There are many people who believe in an afterlife who don't believe that we "hold back" our loved ones by missing them. How anyone could expect us not to miss them is ludicrous to me.

DenverGuy likes this.
  18. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Peanutbritt, Bluebird, and Roberta, thanks for responding. And thanks for your perspective, Roberta. I see your points. There are many ways to look at it. As Bluebird said, though, how could we not feel shattered? To me it's all about how close they were (are) too you. I always like the (fictional) example in which you hear that the guy at the hardware store got killed in a motorcycle accident. You say: "Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good dude." When you're walking to your car you think about him, you try to picture him and maybe reflect on maybe a conversation you had. You then start the car and drive away, the radio is on, and now you're thinking about what's for lunch.

You lose the most important person in your life and I submit that it would be impossible to not be destroyed. And it's not as though we can choose how to feel. This is a blow like no other.

Do we hold them back? From what? I don't know. Who really does? What is the answer? Do we pretend that everything is fine? Would that help them? I think they might appreciate the fact that they are missed and wanted so damn much.

I recently read "Everlasting Love: Finding Comfort Through Communicating with Your Beloved in Spirit."
    Nice book. Except in every chapter the wildly expensive (and exploitative, in my opinion) medium/author shares sessions in which tears become laughter, the person who crossed over has either set their spouse up with a new love or is encouraging it. Geez, really? This again? I have a good sense of humor but find nothing funny about this. Nothing. And why is this finding a new mate thing considered such a great thing? I find it nauseating, but that's just me. Companionship? Perhaps. Love, not for this guy.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    peanutbritt likes this.
  19. bluebird

Same here. Besides, my husband knows me very well, and therefore he knows that I would never even consider dating or getting involved with anyone else, and so he would never try to push me to do so. He knows that would not make me happy in any way; he knows that he is the only one for me. If there is an afterlife in which he exists, I'm sure he does want me to be happy, but he also knows that I cannot be happy, and certainly not via some other "relationship".

DenverGuy likes this.
  20. mac

Our loved ones are not separated from US but we are separated from THEM. That's indisputable and it's what can't be changed no matter how close, and how often, they may draw to us. For most incarnates - with a few exceptions - it feels like we have lost for good the one(s) we miss so much. I've learned that no amount of telling, no amount of trying to reassure someone, will work. Somehow they have to understand and accept for themselves. The feelings of separation will be deeper for those mortals with only a little conscious knowledge of survival or none at all. It's largely pointless - yet I do it anyway - my telling those still deep in grief that their loved ones aren't as desperately sad as they are. Saying time 'over there' means little to our unseen loved ones hardly helps either. But these notions are not just Roberta's words or those of mac. They are what teachers and guides have been telling us for many decades.

Consider this. Mothers can often 'hold back' children because they're so reluctant to let their now-adult children make their own ways in life. Their offspring may be highly constrained by those emotional ties, some to the degree they fail to achieve their potential as adults. Similar 'emotional tugs' appear to be felt over the other side and likely hold back those feeling them - hold them back from what they otherwise would want to try. You're not deliberately doing that but the effect is the same. Let 'em go and they will still be there for you after you pass over. They're my words but I'm simply saying what spiritually-evolved teachers have taught.

absolutely - I wholly agree with what Roberta says.

DenverGuy likes this.