1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

When bereaved and grieving we will likely be thinking about those we've lost almost constantly - at least that's how it was for me.

Even when focused on the mundane stuff of life our loved ones lost are in our background thoughts and they are likely to come to the foreground in an instant. Hence we might associate any odd happening with those thoughts and assume it had caused as a way to show their presence. I'm not saying that doesn't happen but I am saying it's not as certain as suggested. Statisticians will examine a set of conclusions but use information we may not be aware of to explain their findings. Do you reject such an analysis because it's not what you want to believe? It's a 'glass-half-empty-half-full?' situation.

To my mind it would make much more sense for our unseen loved ones to bring about an unexplained event in our home, somewhere both they and we closely relate to. Much less persuasive for me would be a store with no emotional resonance for either of us. Wouldn't it be logical for them to put their energy into - say - moving a watch or a ring to a really unusual position in our bedroom, a place we'd be highly unlikely to have done it absent-mindedly? And then placed in our minds a thought of them.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    enby likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar, and sometimes an item falling off a shelf does so simply because someone brushed into it or put it back in an unsteady position.

This doesn't mean that there are no such things as signs, nor that Zac's experience (or anyone else's) isn't a sign. If you feel that it is and it helps you, that's a good thing, but to assign such meaning to every mundane occurrence cheapens the possibly real ones, in my opinion (not speaking of you specifically, Zac, just in general).

enby likes this.
  3. mac

agreed

4. Zac

Zac Member

I'm not sure. In my case, the falling milk carton happened nearly 3 years ago in a bel-air supermarket while the falling corn chips happened at winco a few days ago. But, if this is a sign, what is a sign of and from whom? How can I tell?

I haven't had anything like this happen since last summer though. From my notes:

July 2017: TV turned off inexplicably (power line data logger showed no AC power line anomalies, no other electronic device malfunctions or flickering lights)

February 2017: 2 battery powered motion sensor lights on the stairs turned on inexplicably at around 3am (I have about 10 of those lights lining the stairway)--this was captured on video surveillance which detected the lights coming on as motion. The area where the lights came on was where my old hound (who passed 3 years earlier) used to like laying. It is particularly odd since the lights above and below that area were not triggered.

May-August 2016: electronic flip flop device changed states multiple times (none since then though), digital dice device changed state once, cell phone called friend while sitting on table, battery powered window shade closed by itself

Feburary 2016: battery powered window shade closed by itself

2015: digital dice device changed state once, battery powered window shade closed by itself (been in operation for 15 years and never actuated by itself before) (dad passed in early 2015)

2014: digital dice device changed states multiple times (has been in existence and powered for past 35 years and never done this before) (hound passed in early 2014)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    enby likes this.
  5. Zac

Zac Member

My digital dice device changed state yesterday and today, both times to the same numbers. But, I'm at a loss as to what it means.

6. mac

Looking back at what was said earlier in the thread, without a thought (for example) of a lost loved one occurring close to an event, an event you had witnessed perhaps, might it be pretty fanciful to ascribe it an unsupported meaning? With linkage it would be much less fanciful in my view.

Whether the seemingly-random change of state of an electronic flip-flop circuit could reasonably be linked to discarnate involvement is beyond my understaanding.

7. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I'm curious what the numbers it changed to are.

8. Zac

Zac Member

It changed from 1:1 to 1:2

I'm confident that these state changes are paranormal phenomena though it is unclear who is sending the message or what the message is. There may be some correlation with my mom's health condition as her doctor called yesterday afternoon to let us know she had a urinary tract infection (by a multi-drug resistant enterococcus bacteria) that needed treatment with an antibiotic.

9. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej. It is very intresting to read about all the signs you people get from your loved ones. It is so heartwarming❤
    I also get a lot of them. I think i even don't notice them all but i try my best to be very open for this.
    Till now the biggest sign i got from my love is a word "hej" and most important for me is the way how i got it. For several months i constantly hear strange noise in both of my ears and sometimes it feels that preassure around is changing (feels a little bit like when you are in the plane). That day i was just laying and relaxing. As soon as i managed to silence my mind, i felt sudden vibration in all my body (i can not describe exactly if this vibration was from inside or outside the body). Then the preassure in right ear changed (i call it "preassure" because i really dont know how to explain this feeling but maybe you will understand) and then i heard very clear "hej". It was not the voice. It felt like vibrations in the air were somehow forced to sound like this word. It is very difficult to explain just by plane text. But i want to say why i know that it was a sign from M, it is because even it was not sounding like his voice or as voice at all but the manner of this short greeting was completely 100% same like he has. After this experience i had a lot of thoughts to work with. And i wait very very much when he will do this again. Though i believe it might be not very easy for him to do this. If what i read is true so it really sounds like it might be difficult procedure for them to lower frequencies and so on. But i know him good so he will do this over and over again no matter if it is difficult or not. And i believe that my work on this side is to learn to control my mind and thoughts and to reach to be aware and open.

10. bluebird

Monika,

You are Swedish? (I googled "hej").

11. Monika

Monika Active Member

No, but I do live in Sweden. So you are correct, hej is swedish word. My husband was German and im originally from Lithuania so in between we spoke English or Swedish :)

12. bluebird

Cool! I love languages. I am only fluent in English, but I also speak some French, and lived in France for a while. :)

So did your husband also speak Lithuanian, and do you speak German? Or were the English and Swedish the common languages between you?

Monika likes this.
  13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I get vibrations too Monika, but I see things in my mind. I experience a tingling warm sensation also in certain parts of my body when I see these pictures. The things I see in my mind are like scenes that I am somehow able to connect with as though I am recalling them from a previous life.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Monika likes this.
  14. Monika

Monika Active Member

15. Monika

Monika Active Member

No, i never learned German. Somehow at school i decided to go easier way and chose russian because i already could speak it good enough. When i was born, Lithuania still was in soviet union, so it was natural to speak this language. And Michel did not speak Lithuanian either. As we both spoke english it was ok. From very beginning when we met we knew that we will live in Sweden. So we moved here little bit more then one year ago. Together we got limited time of life here. Just 10 months. But we learned language. For him it was easier because it is same germanic language group. For me this language is still... strange... sometimes feels like ill "break" my tongue while trying to pronounce correctly

16. Monika

Monika Active Member

Oh this sounds so familiar! Can you share what for pictures do you see? Just if it is ok for you. One time i also saw pictures. Very very clear!

17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

It is mysterious. The pictures I see in my head are not things I actually see, but I may decide to go somewhere on a certain day and I can tell that a picture is coming to life from within me. Many places I go, misfortunes I or someone close to me goes through, places I shop, habits I develop or overcome, activities I do, friends I meet, roads I travel in my life are very familiar and I feel like I have lived through these particular events in another life but on a different dimension. When I say I experience vibrations I am picking up these familiar feelings. Some of them are good, but some are eerie. I know that the eerie ones are the low frequencies trying to pull me down

Monika likes this.
  18. Monika

Monika Active Member

That is very intresting. Thank you very much for sharing❤ could it be that maybe you are even experiencing this at the same moment in different planes? Like if time is not the line but a spiral?

19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I do believe we all experience ourselves on different planes in something like a whirlwind of life. I forgot to mention that I was went through a very traumatic experience due to being hit by a car while riding a bicycle. That is what has enabled me to have these premonitions. I was in a coma for 13 days. Had NDE. It sounds as though you are in touch with that aspect of yourself as well.

20. Monika

Monika Active Member

Oh my... i do not know even what to say. On one hand i am very sorry for all what you had to go through because of that accident but on the other hand... i don't know how to say even... i feel a little bit envy. Don't understand me wrong, please. Just when i read when people share their NDE...sometimes i think that if i would have this ever in life i could deal with my situation now a little bit better, maybe i would know more or i would feel more confident. I don't know... Maybe it sounds crazy for you...
    Anyway i would really love to hear what did you experience. Maybe you already shared this experience here in this forrum so i could read about?

21. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

No, I don't think it sounds crazy at all. I cherish what I experienced and wouldn't change the accident if I could for a million dollars! I listed below where you can read of my story if you would like.
    Forum: Introductions and helpful information Thread: Hi My name is Kim and I have a story to tell

Monika likes this.
  22. mac

it's here http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/hi-my-name-is-kim-and-i-have-a-story-to-tell.2403/

Monika likes this.
  23. Monika

Monika Active Member

24. Monika

Monika Active Member

Thank you i will read

25. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej. I just want to share one of my latest experience. Im not sure if im in correct thread but for me looks so. I excuse myself if im wrong.
    As some people here i am also using pendulum to comunicate with my husband. And maybe like others sometimes i still get doubts.. and so this keep me struggling. But some days ago i was to visit my friend who is medium. We were just chatting random topics and then suddenly she said that my husband is a little frustrated and annoyed that i keep asking if it is really him and is it real when speaking with him with pendulum. I felt shamed at the moment because it is true, i ask him this so often and probably he took a chance while i was at friend to tell me this. I will never ask those questions again...
    I share this story and hope that for some other people it will help to loose some of their doubts too.

26. mac

May I offer my thoughts?

I hope you will think again and not feel shame about checking - in the only way you can - that it's actually your husband you are communicating with. Based on my experience it's entirely possible for an open channel to be mis-used by a discarnate communicator pretending to be someone close. A pendulum isn't any more secure a way to communicate than any other and might even be considered less secure.

Perhaps your medium friend could explain to your husband the importance of taking care that unseen communicators are who we think they are. Deception can, and does, occur, even with experienced communicators. Your husband needs to understand that your doubts are well-founded and understandable. His frustration and annoyance are not justified when you are taking as much care as you can.

He'd be very upset indeed if your communication with him was compromised and you were deceived by another communicator pretending to be him.

Monika and pandora97 like this.
  27. Monika

Monika Active Member

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I find then supportive and helpful. And i also explained for Michel my doubts and i think he understood. On other hand if i think about the situation from other side. If he would be here and i would be there and we would try to speak same way like we do now and if he would keep asking same questions which i ask, i would probably knock him down at some point. So im happy that he still has much more patience then me :)

28. mac

In case you haven't seen this already: http://afterlifeforums.com/resources/our-much-loved-member-carol-morgan.8/

A former regular on ALF some years ago.

Monika likes this.
  29. Monika

Monika Active Member

30. mac

I hope it's of interest to you.

Monika likes this.