1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Love it!

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

wonderful news! :)

milahanna likes this.
  3. milahanna

milahanna Member

I'm still in shock. I'm not crazy, right?

4. milahanna

milahanna Member

Thank you, Roberta. It's amazing. I wasn't even expecting something right then. I was asking him to in a general sense. ♡

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

milahanna, I'm so glad for you. :)

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

You're not crazy.

7. milahanna

milahanna Member

Thank you, Bluebird. My skeptical mind wants to question it. It says that the person who has his number probably called me back from when I called over a week prior ect. However, the odds of it happening right when I was talking to him and right after I asked him if the other two weird things that happened on my phone were him to please send another sign through the phone are incredibly low. The fact that it rang once is interesting too.

8. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

I'd say the chances of that happening are more like 1 to 7.5 x 10^18, way too coincidental to be just chance.

milahanna likes this.
  9. Mark Zerafa

Mark Zerafa New Member

Not sure if these were signs.. But yesterday, a computer mouse seemed to have jumped off the surface it was on. And just a while ago, the drying leaves on a Zamia plant on this same surface seemed to quiver very evidently 3 times. There were no obvious draughts. This, from an open minded skeptic.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  10. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

That is really odd, was the mouse close to the edge of the desk, and how far did it travel?

11. Mark Zerafa

Mark Zerafa New Member

Honestly... I don't know, that's why I said that it "seemed" to jump off the surface. I don't think it was particularly close to the edge however. And even if it was somewhat close, i dont think it should have spontaneously fallen off. A mouse is not a spherical object that may easily roll over. This happened during a family event commemorating my dear, recently deceased wife whom I miss so much.

12. Jody

Jody New Member

Hi Everyone! I am new to forums and to this forum in particular. Please forgive me if I am doing something wrong. I have had communication since I was about eight years old that I can remember. I have had so many types of communication from the claires...to empath, pendulum, awake dreams, tarot and so on. I get messages for total strangers and from my relatives, pets, friends and strangers alike. I can't invoke it and turn it on or off. I have also used a scanning radio and had complete and unquestionable messages from my dad. I lost my loving husband 12 years ago and had never had a clear communication from him. I know he has been around me and have seen the clocks with doubles and butterflies and such and felt him, but no "Messages", other than, "Hey! I am still here" in signs...

Last evening I was really upset and feeling very lonely, (longing for my husband to hold my hand and be at my bedside). I am having surgery in a couple of weeks and I am afraid I will not make it through. I was thinking about how my children (grown), will no longer have a mother or father. I went to sleep late and woke up after a dream of my husband. I asked my spirit guides to let me return to sleep so I could ask him questions. I did. I was amazed! I got some of the answers but again, I woke up. So I laid in bed and closed my eyes and knew I was still awake but continued to ask him questions through thoughts; the way I communicate with others. I was so excited that I laid there talking to him in soul-communication until I felt him fading away. He stayed with me for a very long time. I let him know I was grateful to finally get a chance to "really" communicate with him, said I loved him and he left. By the way, he told me I will be fine and so will my children and that he was not coming to me to take me home with him anytime soon. That was good to know!!!

I got out of bed, told my daughter all the details and when I said I wish I could prove it this communication to others somehow, we looked at the clock at the same time and it said 11:11!

I wondered if anyone else has had such a long departure and then had something like this happen? Like I said, I can't turn it on or off when I get other communications and speak with the departed...just with him. One of my very psychic friends had told me three years ago that he was not ready to communicate yet. That she saw him with his arms crossed in front of him like he couldn't or didn't know how to communicate fully. Does anyone else that can communicate have this happen? It was just puzzling...Why so long?

peanutbritt likes this.
  13. mac

Finding others in a similar situation may, but may not, help move you forward over issues that puzzle you.

There is a simple answer why a discarnate relative, friend or lover does not communicate as one might expect or wish or why they visit for a longer or shorter time if one is privileged to experience such a thing. The answer is that there is no simple answer.

The most obvious answer for me is that your sensitive friend is the one who's most likely able to learn the answer, someone who (apparently) saw your husband clairvoyantly. Better still a clairvoyant and/or clairvoyant medium, someone who might be able to act as a go-between facilitating communication between him and you. It's not uncommon for a medium not to be able to establish for her/himself a satisfying communication with a loved one departed. Someone else acting for you just might be able to do what you can't.

But can I ask you this? Why does it matter why it took so long? Or indeed, does it matter at all, especially given that you've had a great deal of contact with him anyway? Presumably you know and accept he'll be around you and your family as much as is practicable for all of you? But the so-called dead have their own lives to lead 'over there' in the etheric world(s). It's not intended they should remain constantly with or around you, with or around any of us incarnates, after their passing. Some even say that wanting them to do so 'holds them back' from what they ought to be doing.

Life's not like that, or intended to be like that, because if it were then that's what would be happening for us all.

14. Sabrina S

Sabrina S New Member

Wow! is right. What a sweet story. And I don't think it sounds silly at all, to ask for a song. Music is such a great catchall for memories. Thanks.

15. Sabrina S

Sabrina S New Member

I guess this is the place to share how my biological Dad got in touch shortly, after he died nearly 35 years ago. It's one of those things that is unforgettable and I remember it so clearly. Growing up, I didn't know him at all, due to my parent's bitter divorce and while my sister always wanted to know him, I was angry at him with the stubborn anger of a hurt child. Plus, I didn't want to be 'disloyal 'to our stepfather.
    I cut him out of my thoughts entirely and so one day when I was 25, a girlfriend who was a bit psychic and sensitive but not a professional, only curious like me, suggested we try a ouija board that she had and hadn't never used, I agreed, even though I'd never used one either and was kinda scared of them because my grandmother said they were nothing to play with.
    I believed in guardian angels and ghosts, but I still wasn't expecting anything to come across, especially anything for me.
    So when we started, it was random gibberish but then it started moving under our fingers in a way that felt purposeful and we each knew wasn't us moving it. Or not just us anyway. She asked was there someone there and it answered "Yes". Then she asked who was the message for. It moved to "S". So we verified aloud asking was it for Sabrina and it moved again to "Yes".

Then she asked what was the message and it spelled out "Love U". It still gives me a very, strong feeling to think of seeing it do that now, but it's a happy feeling. Back then it was an eerie feeling.
    We kept looking at each other and whispering (like that would keep a spirit from hearing us! lol) "Are you moving it? I'm not moving it, are you?" Then she asked "who is this?" And it spelled out, "Ron". She looked at me and whispered 'who's Ron?' and I was shrugging like, I don't know who Ron is."

Well, my Dad's name was Ronald. It sounds strange that he never crossed my mind but he didn't. For one thing, I almost never thought of him, having seen him only twice in 25 years for about 10 minutes at a time and for another, I knew that my sister had just come back from visiting him in Jamaica and he was healthy and only 44. Plus, we knew him as Ronny.
    So after he spelled his name, she asked if there was anything else this person wanted to say and it started doing gibberish again, and we suddenly felt really spooked and the energy felt different than when we were getting the clear message from Ron. So we stopped and asked our guardians to ask any undesirables to leave us in peace. But I didn't feel the clear message was bad, I just didn't know who 'Ron' was.

And I didn't find out he had been murdered, till a couple weeks later, as my sister went to the funeral in Jamaica and since we weren't close at that time, she only called me to let me know he had passed when she got back. She told me what day it happened and even then it took a while longer, for me to figure it out.
    I can't remember the chronology of that part well, but I remember that at some point, it suddenly dawned on me, I mean like a thunderclap!, that Ron could have been Ronny and that the day we did the ouija board, was either the day he was killed or the very, next day.
    But to me, the timing didn't matter because I just knew in my heart, that it was him controlling the ouija board, that afternoon at my friend's home.

And sad, little soul that I still was, I didn't want to face that my Dad who I'd ignored as a young adult, had gotten in touch with me to let me know he loved me, even if he couldn't be with me in life. So, for years after, even though I believed it was him, I was still mad at him, except now it was for getting himself killed! He was shot in the back by his new girlfriend's jealous ex-lover.
    I also should add, he'd been trying for a while, after I turned 18, to get in touch to have a reunion and I wouldn't meet with him! Maybe as an immature 20 something I thought there would be time, if I even thought of it at all. I have long since, asked his forgiveness and told him I love him too and even though I've never had another sign from him, I believe he knows that. I believe that rifts can be healed, even after death. Even long after.

16. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Pretty sure my family just received an apport from a very recently deceased family friend - A 27-year old who died of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. A penny appeared out of nowhere, hit the table and rolled off. Me and my brother tested if it could've came from off of the ceiling fan and decided that it's unlikely it would've even hit the table from there. The ceiling fan was also already on, and the apport appeared way after it was turned on. My dad also said it seemed to come from out of thin air. None of us have ever experienced anything like this. Maybe the deceased learned that I knew about this kinda thing and wants me to tell his grieving mother to look for signs.

Unexpected likes this.
  17. mac

It's certainly a possibility. You up for it?

18. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Lovely story, Nirvana! Yes, those who have seen apports arrive have sworn that they do simply appear in mid-air and fall. You're fortunate to have seen it happen!

Nirvana likes this.
  19. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Amazing!

Nirvana likes this.
  20. Rassie

Rassie New Member

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at the Afterlife Symposium. I am excited about my genealogy adventure. I bring up both now, because I wanted to share something with you.

In 2016 I attended a 2 day workshop with Bruce Meon, that was offered after the conference. I highly recommend this for anyone who is interested in testing their psychic abilities.

I was able to find out definitively that I am an empath. We all were able to experience a retrieval. And I did my first, and currently, last reading.

Bruce's method was a wonderful way to link into the energy of the universe. And for my first reading I was surprised how accurate I was. I had a headache and found out that the individual had died of brain cancer.

However, it is my partner's reading that I want to relate to you.

We were asked to put on a piece of paper the name of a deceased individual that we wanted to be in contact with. Of the twenty or so participates in the workshop, only four of us named our mothers. On the paper was only the name, not the relationship. And the odd thing is that the four of us were paired with each other. I truly think was for a reason.

My partner was a professional medium. She was quite upset when she found out it was my mother I wanted to hear from, because she had encountered a man.

Once she started describing her reading, I knew she had met my father. Dad was a joker. He didn't actually do many practical jokes, but when he did they were some doozies! And this was one.

All the personal information that she provided left no doubt that this was my father.

Now the reason, I believe this happen is as follows.

First, my mother disliked her name - hate would be too strong. But with a name of Alva, she was often confused for a man, especially in the mail.

My father disliked his first name. He disliked his name so much that he legally changed it, but switching his first and middle names. This was a mountain name, Rassie.

As I started working on my family tree, I discovered something about my father. At the beginning of his life, the census taker refused to climb the mountain on which my father's family lived, so the man recorded inaccurate information obtained from the neighbors. My father was listed twice as Rossie, a girl. ;-)

I truly believe my parents were having their kicks on the other side!