1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs and Messages from the other side

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Jim, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

This is not heavy or mystical stuff but...........yesterday at dusk, I went to the cemetery with my new fiance, Betty, and with some very beautiful flowers to visit her mother and father's grave sight. We climbed a short hill to the marker and spent some time digging out the metal vases planted in the ground near the head stone and filled one with water to hold the lovely flowers. I am not particularly psychic but Betty's mother showed me (in a way I can't describe) how much she loves and appreciates those flowers and thanked us for coming to the cemetery with them even though she (the mother) does not live nor hang around there! I hesitated to tell Betty what her mother said and did but soon after, while Betty and I embraced by the grave stone, both her mother and dad wrapped there very large, spiritual arms around both of us and lovingly held us in a very affectionate and loving embrace so I had to tell Betty what I had seen and was experiencing at that moment. Betty does not believe in psychic stuff but she is open to the concepts that I offer her so feeling the embrace of spirit or Dis-incarnates was real for me and happily acceptable to Betty. Betty is open to most of my "stories" about other Dis-incarnates and the after-life so it's getting easier and easier to say what is real and true for me as it happens and Betty's mother has appeared (to me) many times and in many unique situations but not as a pest or nag. I honestly wish I was fully psychic so I could have and share a deep and intense communication with those in the afterlife and pass the communications on to Betty as Readings.
    For now, the contacts are occasional and Betty is open to what I tell her about the contacts. It's interesting that the Dis-incarnates seem to come around just to say "hello" or offer love and respect but not much more. Betty's "bi-polar" now dis-incarnate husband once appeared to me to say how much he loves and enjoys our relationship and that he wants to give Betty the love, respect and joy, etc. that he could not or did not give her while they were married!!! I was so touched by this that it brought me to tears! I am more than happy to allow her ex husband to "love" her as he wanted to through me since it's all love, friendship and joy - so, why not? I have known for a long time that Dis-incarnates can and do enjoy tastes, feelings and many other experiences in and through us Incarnates even if we do not know it at the time. They are not here to invade us or "use" us - just to enjoy things in, with and through us as loving friends and partners or companions. This may seem offensive or even frightening to some Incarnates but not to me since I never feel invaded or used by any Dis-incarnate so long as love and respect is here. It's particularly interesting that Betty's mother is so able to "tune in" to and communicate with me. I never knew her and have only seen a few pictures of her at Betty's place. When the mother appears, there is no image or form and she never says, "Hi Jim, it's me, Minnie." ....so I don't know exactly how I know it's Betty's mom or her dis-incarnate ex husband!!! I just know it's them!
    I expect there will be more contacts as time goes by.........

2. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Bill, let those tears pour out .....A LOT!!......they bring healing and relief from inner pain and grief...............

3. lovehim

lovehim Member

I just wanted to share that among many interesting, bizarre, things that have happened to me since the two weeks my beloved passed...about a week ago I started getting “signs” and in that day was the last day I bawled the whole day.

We don’t “talk” or anything but I’ve had two dreams now - one in which he asks me to dance The Beach Boys song forever. I refuse because I tell him he didn’t give me forever...he says “but look, I did.” The following day, his mother emailed me that she dreamed he drew a picture of a dance!!

Two days later, I dream he’s headed to the airport with an older woman I don’t recognize. I ask if I can come. He tells me I’m not ready yet but when I am he’ll be there and that we’ll be in touch until then.

Today, I turn on the television and the show that’s on- at the exact moment I turn it on - is seinfeld, and in the episode, they allude to death and “getting it right”...and mention his sister’s name which is quite uncommon!

Before bed, I try to meditate, not necessarily Craig’s, but something to just clear my mind and give me peace as sleep has been hard. I felt something touch my forehead and my arm and when I looked in the mirror there were fresh marks on both places.

So, maybe it’s a coincidence, but this is just making me believe!! I just wanted to share with you all as I’m new on this journey and when I started “feeling signs” is when I stopped feeling like I wanted to die, too (not suicidal but just wanting to be with him).

4. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Hi mac!
    I would like to ask you about something. Maybe is personal but I would like an advice. My husband when he was still alive, his lasts days, asked me to don't interrupt the relationship with some his familiars. They behaved bad with him. I had a vivid dream after he passed when he showed to me that he still lives and a place above the sea and holding children. Than he said to me that his familiars are a menace for me.
    Maybe is a stupid question. Maybe I'm gonna have an answer from my angel. Maybe my consciousness will tell me what to do. But for now I don't know?!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I don't give advice unless I'm certain I know the answer! But I will offer my thoughts about the things you've asked me.

Firstly it's good that you know your husband is alive and well and still cares for you. I don't know what he means, though, about his family being a menace for you. Family relationships can be tricky. Do you feel uncomfortable around his family? Do they cause you any problems? If all is well then why not just carry on as normal for now until you feel confident about the situation?

Maybe you'll have another dream and all will become clear. Maybe you'll eventually figure out for yourself what YOU want to do, what's right for you. Unless there is an urgent need to do something might it be better just to wait to see what happens in your life?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Thank you for the reply mac! You helped me a lot! Your thoughts gave me the answer! Sorry for the question but where I live if I talk for such things they think that I'm not okay. Thank you again!

7. mac

I'm glad it helped you a little. :) Here on ALF there's nothing to fear from talking about issues concerning death and the afterlife. We won't personally have all the answers but spiritually-evolved guides and teachers have often given guidance that we can pass on.

SashaS likes this.
  8. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I've been having some strange dreams lately. Susie told me a while back, after She transitioned, that some come from me and my uncertainties. For whatever that's worth. I am learning to receive better and She continues to progress in what She and others send to me. If that makes any sense.

9. mac

I'm not persuaded we should necessarily take much notice of dreams.

10. lovehim

lovehim Member

I'd like to know why. I'm just curious. :)

11. mac

Our minds are highly creative and a dream may be nothing more than the result of that creativity.

12. mac

I'm flattered by the sentiments in your last sentence but dreams are not something about which I have much understanding; they're not my field.

Former regular-member poeticblue is someone I would have recommended for comment about dreams but she's not here much nowadays. I consider her an expert but others who are regulars here may also have valuable experience to offer you.

Widdershins3 and Unexpected like this.
  13. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

You, she and they are becoming more proficient in finding a matching point vibrationally.

That makes a lot of sense hardball. I think we are both, Susie & I working to communicate better. Just last week I smelled Her perfume, first time since She transitioned.

My grandmothing used to dream of Her husband who would always come t her before the death of a family member or friend. Often they were unexpected deaths so my grandmother was not reading into this. I dreamt of being at my father's funeral the night before his first unexpected heart attack. He survived but it was a wake up call. The dreams that Susie sends are much ore vivid than other dreams.

14. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Somehow didn't understand what you meant by this until now. My dad said he will tell the mother eventually.

15. lovehim

lovehim Member

Today, I think he sent me "Never Forget You" by Zara Larsson.
    I didn't know the words to this song, but when the song popped into my head, I was able to sing along with just two verses. The same thing happened when Forever played in my dream. I didn't know the word to Forever but when I woke up, I was able to sing along to the song.

"I’ll never forget you
    And you’ll always be by my side
    From the day that I met you
    I knew that I would love you 'til the day I die
    And I will never want much more
    And in my heart I will always be sure
    I will never forget you
    And you’ll always be by my side 'til the day I die
    Doing it, loving it
    Everything that we do
    And all along, I knew I had something special with you
    But sometimes you just gotta know that these things fall through
    But I’m still tired and I can’t hide my connection with you"

Unexpected likes this.
  16. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Beautiful song LoveHim. I woke up one morning with the Badfinger song "Day after Day" in my head. Like it was written for my little Susie and I.

Last night She was working overtime. 6 powerful dreams, 2 that She was in and 3 others that I know came directly from Her.
    After Her transition She told me through a medium "I know who you were, I know who you are and I know who you will be". Pretty cryptic but She laid it out last night.
    In the first one I was with my mom searching through the attic of the house I grew up in and collecting notebooks that I wrote and my father wrote, trying to understand his and my thoughts, or coming to know who I was.
    Than I was driving through beautiful scenery and never getting anyplace. Much like where or who I am right now, going through the motions. Beautiful surroundings but no emotion. also with my job I drive sometimes 500 or more miles a week, it's an endless road.
    Last dream I was in a large catering hall with beautiful, loving, helpful people, wonderful food, little animals that reminded me of my little bird Larry. I have a recurring dream of losing my car and not ever being able to find it and that dream could go on all night. In this dream I lost my car again but this beautiful angelic woman gave me directions to the parking lot and I found my car in no time. I might have been in Heaven but there were rules there. Not like here but things to understand and learn from. The woman said some things that I'm still trying to understand but in all it was what Susie told me.

I weep every day for my little Susie and Larry but I come to understand more each day and I am thankful for this community.
    Peace.

17. lovehim

lovehim Member

Bill, the signs just keep coming! It was snowing here this morning but when I looked out the window, it was a beautiful blue sky with clouds straight out of a picture book. It didn't last very long, but it was so beautiful and made me think of him.
    Dreams are the one time when I feel OK knowing he's not here, because he's in them. Your stories are beautiful, Bill- and Susie is talented.

18. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Maybe they will stop, maybe they won't. Susie stopped with the feathers for several days than they started again. The dreams last night were overwhelming. IMO it's all about love. Of all the books, blog's, websites I've read and people I've communicated with the common denominator is: LOVE. As we have things to do here, they also have work, She showed me that last night. If some type of sign or communication stops I have memories and I know we will be together again. She has told me that if I need Her she's there.

19. lovehim

lovehim Member

I haven't gotten a single feather, but I also live somewhere where that wouldn't be all that common... cherish the beautiful dreams you have and know that you'll see her again. It's what keeps me going every day.
    Susie sounds like she's really mastered communication from the afterlife - how I hope he would do the same for me!

20. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

LovingHim, IMO he is and he will. From what others, Susie included, told me She transitioned quickly, She burned off a lot of Karma before Her transition. Her life was a living hell. Civil war including murder of friends, threats by the military, death of both parents early, cancer, apartment fire, long illness, loss of all physical ability, death was a constant companion, it wasn't a picnic. She was probably glad it was over. I know I was relieved for Her (for a minute) when She stopped breathing. Before She transitioned electrical things were already happening, She was ready. She's still working on the communication and getting better but She passed after a lot of suffering and the transition was not hard. Not saying our transitions will be hard or easy but there are things to learn there. And I only know this from Her. They are at peace there.
    We, Susie and I were/are totally crazy people! Fierce in our love and protection of each other so we are in no way normal. Most people need a break when they go on vacation, transition being the ultimate vacation. From the moment I got up it was 0-60 in a minute. I had to carry Her to the toilet and for Her part She would hold it in all night until I got Her there. Sure we used special underpants but nothing is perfect. I'm not saying this to sound crude, just trying to make a point. She'd pee Her brains out several times when I got Her to the toilet. So we lived in a total panic fire alarm situation every day for many years and learned to cope with it. She started taking care of me, as I did for years with Her, soon after She transitioned.
    As I think about this I have to smile. I protected that little monkey with every ounce of strength I had until Her last sweet breath and now She's at peace and in total health and enjoying the other side and taking care of me. She was my 58 pound child when I carried Her for the last time and now She is my protector and I have become Her child...but we will always be lovers, it just deepens through time. Hope this makes sense.
    Peace.

21. lovehim

lovehim Member

This is beautiful, bill. Susie sounds like she's doing well in spirit, and I'm happy for you both! I'm so glad you crossed paths.
    You are so kind for all you did for her -- I hope you will be received with bells and whistles upon transitioning.

22. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Just wanted to mention this:
    My older brother emailed me today. A friend of his was with her friend when she transitioned. The friend had so much more to tell the transitioned person adn kept talking and felt as if she was being heard.
    When she left the hospital she entered an empty elevator and there was a white feather on the floor. Pretty cool.

Unexpected likes this.
  23. lovehim

lovehim Member

That's beautiful. My paternal grandmother received a plant 25 years ago just before she passed. My parents inherited the plant, and it's the only plant they have that has never died.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  24. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

In my personal experience, dreams can either be regular ones that originate in the mind or they can be very different and originate with our departed loved ones. I've had both kinds and they feel very, very different. The visits from spirits are *real* feeling--more like memories of an actual meeting with a person we know well. The most striking one I've ever had was so outstandingly different from a normal dream that the memory of it--almost every tiny detail--is still vivid after 35 years. By comparison, I have no memories of other dreams I had back then.

And, coincidentally, yesterday I was walking down Market St. in San Francisco and a single really beautifully curved, pristine white feather blew down the crowded sidewalk, missing all the other holiday shoppers, and fetched up against my pant leg. It was made more meaningful by the fact that the day before I'd asked for a sign that my son was near me, since winter and especially the holidays are still hard for me, even after all these years.

My son's birthday was New Year's Eve and my Dad's was January 30th and my son crossed over on November 8th. I used to get white feathers often, but over the years the frequency dropped, which I figured was because I asked less often as my grief became more bearable. But at Xmas I still "shop" for a gift for my little boy, so he's been on my mind more often. All the naysaying in the world will never convince me that that beautiful, clean white feather on the dirty urban sidewalk was anything other than a message to me.

Unexpected likes this.
  25. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Widdershins that is so beautiful. I know, not looking forward to Christmas here. I know they want us to be happy but it takes time and is so very difficult but these beautiful signs make me know that we will be reunited with our loved ones.
    Peace.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  26. lovehim

lovehim Member

I was with my dear beloved's father last week and he told me he saw a flock of snow geese flying right over him, in ten degree weather.
    Today, I went out to Starbucks and saw a group of four snowgeese, half way across the country from where my dear beloved's family is/where I was last week, and in 10 degree weather, right outside my house, when I got home!

Unexpected likes this.
  27. Zac

Zac Member

I was in a supermarket with my mom this morning and a bag of corn chips fell off the shelf just as we walked past. I managed to catch it and put it back on the shelf. I couldn't see any explanation for why the bag would suddenly fall off the shelf. But, is this a random event or a sign?

About 3 years ago, a carton of milk fell off a shelf as we walked by. The milk was behind a glass door which no one had opened. This happened a few days after my father passed.

28. mac

I've walked down grocery aisles and seen stuff fall off a shelf.

Your experience MIGHT be a sign, something to grab your attention, or it might just be down to simple physics, an object positioned unstably and then falling because of something you can't see or hear, like a vibration when a fridge compressor switches on or off.

Just because we can't figure a simple explanation for something happening doesn't mean there isn't one.

;)

29. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

... and by the same token, dear beloved friends, just because we can see a simple explanation for some event doesn't mean that it is not a sign! For our loved ones not in bodies to give us signs without messing heavily with physics and thereby freaking us out is in fact much harder than you might think, so let's cut them some slack here. One of the things they generally do as they are delivering their signs is to put a thought of themselves in our minds as the sign is happening; so seeing something odd happen as you are thinking of your loved one seems pretty much to guarantee that the loved one was behind it.

Those that we used to think were dead tell us repeatedly that there are no coincidences. I have seen communications which suggest that literally every odd event is actually so unlikely that our first thought should be not "coincidence," but "sign." In fact, while the odds against something falling off a shelf aren't long, Zac, the odds against two different things falling off two different shelves at two different times in the same supermarket when you happened to be walking by are so long that this MUST have been a sign! Do you see how it works?

pandora97 and Unexpected like this.
  30. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Several months back when I was getting white feathers on an almost daily basis from my beloved friends of mine who She cared deeply for were driving when the road was filled with white feathers. My friend who is still skeptical about this said there was an explanation. A poultry truck was ahead of them and it frightened the birds when it hit a bump. Sure there is a physical explanation for just about everything but the fact remained that She communicated (at that time) mostly with white feathers and She was speaking to them. I considered it a sign.