1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Signs And Messages follow on, Soul Trek, soul cells, guides

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Dec 4, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh I don't think so, Lola. The other day I referred to a page where Alpha menions 'total souls' after you sent me a the number of another page to look at. Was it 190? My memory doesn't hang on to such detail now I'm not working with numbers as I did when I had a job.

2. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Yes it was 190. If you don't think these people were total souls, how would you explain their actions? I got the impression that a total soul is a conglomeration of learned experiences over a long period of time that led to the conclusion that they were here to ditch their selfish tendencies and join with others for a better purpose, even if they had to sacrifice to do it. Most of the time it wouldn't be as dramatic as the examples I gave, but the "me and only me" attitude got dispensed with. You love Doris Stokes as much as I do, and I believe she was a total soul.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

It was actually the other page reference you'd sent me, page 18, and a page back from that one Alpha says (page 16) "When the particles I shall call 'Total Souls' first leave the Great Spirit they drift and dream for a long time......"

Incidentally Alpha goes on to mention something that's often discussed here on ALF: "... there is no conception of time because there is none."

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Some might say individuals such as Doris Stokes - along with certain, special others known to comparatively few - are 'old souls'. The term 'total soul' is found on page 16 as I mention elsewhere.

5. Lola Hoovler

I know there is really no time - it only has relevance here on earth. Total souls may "drift and dream for many years" but I get the impression that at least some of them eventually animate us - in fact, I think it is their destiny She (or Alpha) says they are the closest to the Great Spirit or what we call God. It's hard to imagine that they can't or won't interact with us. She (or Alpha) says that prayers are "heard" first through them. It seems to me that they may choose to be a part of us in some way. Otherwise, I can't understand what their purpose might be.

6. Lola Hoovler

I think I'm confused about the difference in old souls versus whole souls

7. mac

mac Staff Member

For me there was a lot of reading and contemplating. Perhaps you'll find yourself doing similar. :)

8. mac

mac Staff Member

total souls

9. Lola Hoovler

Mac: "For me there was a lot of reading and contemplating. Perhaps you'll find yourself doing similar." :)

Yup, I sure am doing something similar. I was busy elsewhere yesterday, so haven't made much progress, but now I'm at the "good part" (to me anyway) which is Chapter 7. I love the example Alpha gives of the artist on pg. 94. Our thoughts in the physical can later manifest themselves as reality in the non-physical. In other words, I get the impression that we need to carefully watch our thoughts, as they are far from being private. That is something I heard many times, but reading it in a book from 1966 is very evidential for me.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

To anyone following this conversation - please see posting #3 for a correction.