1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Mystical Experiences Here

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by janef, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Highlander

Highlander Member

First of all, you could get rid of the attitude. There was nothing smart alecy in my answer. I hired and trained scores of engineers in Silicon Valley and nobody ever called me a smart alec, but then they all worked for me... So, there's that.

So, then "multi-quoting" is only used if you want to quote multiple messages. First learn how to quote parts of a single message by quoting a line or two, followed by your reply. Rinse and repeat:

To wit: click the reply with quote button, the entire quote will appear. (The editor looks for the brackets [] and the command QUOTE within.) The beginning of the message will show the command followed by a number which references the message. You can highlight the brackets and command and copy this portion. Paste this at the beginning of each portion you want to quote. Always end each portion of the message you are quoting with [/QUOTE]. Highlight and delete or simple delete those portions of the original message you don't want to appear.

There are a couple of ways to do this and this may be the easiest to learn. I hope that helps.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Using the dumbo's method of replying....

[​IMG] Originally Posted by mac [​IMG]
    There was a time I was skeptical about objects being signs for incarnates, and I still don't accept that every apparently unexplained object is necessarily a sign, but where there are patterns as described above even I will accept there's likely to be an intelligent agency responsible."

quote: PB "Can you please give examples where you accept that there is another force in hand other than what we comprehend in the physical realm? I.E. an explanation without the utilization of scientific evidence that you bring up in your replies. I would much appreciate that Mac because I am trying to understand spirituality from your point of view. You view things via science. I view things via emotion/metaphysics. Yet, I would assume that you have done some research, much like I have over the years. So I would like to understand where you are coming from if you have researched such things."

Somewhere I've been talking about apports (might not have been this website) and how they are said often meant as tokens of affection ('signs') from those who love us. The appearance of your coins in the way you described earlier seemed to me a great example. It's not anything to do with spirituality but it is everything to do with the involvement of the spirit. It's not to do with science although there has to be a scientific explanation of the mechanism whereby apports appear.

I'd be interested in learning about the science behind the mechanism where objects are moved from one place to another, presumably first dematerialized, then moved and finally rematerialized. But I've never heard one.

My perception of such events as signs or apports, Bianca, is not founded on emotion or metaphysics but quite rightly we each have our individual perceptions. Each is absolutely valid, authentic and personally meaningful - they're just different. I didn't use to see things the way I do now; reading others' stories changed my outlook. I have tried harder to listen more effectively. I don't always succeed. The subject of signs and apports is not something I've researched any more than I've researched all the countless other things I didn't understand. My focus concerning the spirit has always been that of communication, a subject that's fascinated me most of my adult life. Yet communicating effectively is, for me, one of life's most frustrating and elusive goals.... :)

3. mac

Same format as I've yet to find out how to multi-quote properly....
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by mac [​IMG]
    QUOTE: "I'm not a softie (no arguments about that I expect!), I've posed searching questions about what is going on and now I see it's just a lovely relationship. [​IMG]

QUOTE PB "Can you elaborate more please? I actually like what you have said, but if you have the time, I would like for you to explain more of what you mean. Thanks."

I'm not a softie; I don't do emotion. I do do analysis of information to the best of my limited ability. I tried hard to understand what folk were saying, tried hard to assess if they were mistakenly attributing what they were reporting (for example, in connection with signs and apports) I've asked searching questions here and elsewhere. My eventual conclusion (it took quite a time) was that I had got it wrong by thinking folk were generally being fanciful. Some I felt probably were; about others I couldn't reach a conclusion. But then I saw that others weren't being fanciful, weren't attributing every little sign to the presence of spirit-forms or their loved ones. I began to accept there were some clear signs.

I had been wrong by being so dismissive.
    :eek:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. mac

. Highlight and delete or simple delete those portions of the original message you don't want to appear.

There are a couple of ways to do this and this may be the easiest to learn. I hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I should add anything to the last remark in your first paragraph - you said it all.

You were a trainer, were you, but now you're telling me "First learn how to quote parts of a single message by quoting a line or two, followed by your reply. Rinse and repeat." Did you never read any of my responses? I'm someone who routinely single-quotes others' postings when I write responses. You didn't notice? Oh, and by the way, I was a teacher of kids. Many scores. Of course they don't count compared with Silicon Valley engineers....

Didn't you think to tell me why I was wrong to think the 'Multi-Quote This Message' button would work in the way I wanted? Perhaps you didn't read that piece of my posting either. :rolleyes:

But now I'm going to follow your instructions and see what I've been doing wrong. Meanwhile I thank you for explaining what I should be doing. Then I'll remember for another time.

5. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Thanks for the tips Highlander. I always had trouble multiquoting and it took me a while to suss it out before I finally realised I could just copy the quote brackets! :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Regarding multiple quotes: Mac, just copy and paste both of the reply brackets of the member you are corresponding with by selecting "reply with quote" . Whatever you want quoted by a member will show as a quote when you use the first bracket at the beginning of a sentence, and the last bracket at the end of a sentence. You can do this with multiple sentences. I thought I've seen you do this before... ;)

I will respond to your response tonight or tomorrow.

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

mac,

I can see the posts from both highlander and yourself in your post above, properly quoted. :)

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Are you gonna delete your tests posts?

9. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Multi-quoting Mac! :D I wanted to respond to what you said, but I guess it would suffice to leave it at this. Cheers!

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, I have been trying to clean up this thread, which is a good and useful one but has been damaged by Mac's sportive attempts at who-knows-what. Each of his soft-deletes have to be hard-deleted, by me, when already I have no time even to be here.

I ask you all in the strongest terms to treat these forums respectfully. If you feel that you cannot do that, then we are sorry to see you go and we wish you well.

11. mac

I tried hard to tidy up after attempting to master the standard facilities - it was not a "...sportive attempt at who-knows-what"! Others are able to use them routinely but nobody was able to show me how. Rather than snidely grumbling you could have simply asked what had happened or even taken time to read a few of the postings that related to my attempts. A moderator's help would have been invaluable, saved my struggling and avoided additional work I could not have known about.

I apologize for inadvertently causing you to spend time 'hard deleting' what I had already done my very best to sort out; I couldn't see, though, any immediate need as the forum page seemed to work just fine but hey, what do I know?

I didn't callously leave you with a mess but I didn't know that deleting the test postings would create a problem or I wouldn't have done it. I explained my intention to the other couple of members who'd been trying to help me and posted an apology to other members who hadn't.

I thought I'd made a fair attempt but it seems not so - mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Had there been someone around who knew the website structure things could have been sorted within minutes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  12. RobertaGrimes

Dear Mac, the Off Topic section exists precisely for this purpose. In future, if you have something to work out in your posting techniques, I ask you to do it THERE. I have no idea how to do it myself, so I would not have been of any help to you.

It is difficult for me properly to convey to you how little time I have to admin this site - and Andrew now is helping a bit, fortunately, but he also has very little time. All I ask - and it doesn't seem to me to be a lot to ask - is that everyone reserve posting experiments and nasty comments like "snidely" for the Off Topic section, and preserve the quality of the content of the rest of this website.

13. mac

I already understood that you are spread thinly over your many commitments. I have far fewer demands on my time and I did offer to help on this website.

Now I am aware of the unanticipated outcome of my trying to learn how it works, I would not dream of repeating the exercise that caused you such inconvenience.

14. RobertaGrimes

Thank you, dear Mac. And I would appreciate your help, but at the moment I remain uncomfortable about your allegiances. We have had more than enough drama of late!

15. mac

My allegiance to AfterLifeForums website has never wavered. That I am still here after not only the recent events but also the real drama from a couple of years ago should show that. As an ordinary member I adopt the principle 'When in Rome do as the Romans'. If I were to help here my priority would be this website's needs.

This is not a speculative application for a 'job'. I'm simply repeating my earlier offer of help.

16. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hmm.. now that I have read your response more thoroughly, you are right. There has to be some sort of science involved in order for the coins and 'spirit signs' to appear as 'tokens of appreciation'. I suppose they can't just appear out of thin air without some sort of physics being involved. I guess this is where I lack the knowledge of understanding. When I have the appropriate time to do so, I will do more research on this or read more about it on the forums. I do agree that it is more of the involvement of the spirit to send these signs and messages. However as you said, there more than likely has to be some physical (scientific) explanation as to how these coins and 'signs' appear on our physical level I.E. earth.

So you've never heard of an account that was scientifically proven? Again, I too will be curious as to how on earth these objects appear. (Or in your case mentioned above, dematerialize/rematerialize). I've been seeing these videos of apports and even watched a few on tv. Random objects coming out of random places... body parts... (the eyes mostly.. why is that by the way??) I must say that is way out of my league of understanding at the moment. All I know is that they do appear. I'm not sure of the how.. But again, it is the spirit that is involved.

Understood. I guess rather than having said emotion, I should have said 'intuition' and/or the 'psychic' nature of what I experience during my daily life, especially pertaining to my sleep cycles and OBE's. Those experiences then in turn, translate into emotion for me as a way to express my thoughts and beliefs of this life and the afterlife. These are thoughts and beliefs that I am trying to convey. Unfortunately I can only 'show' to you my experiences and beliefs via text. Without you having experienced what the 'experiencer' has experienced Mac, I can see how you may not necessarily see things in an emotional or metaphysical view. I do wish I could show you though. Or perhaps I believe the better wording is, I do wish I could help you experience this. As far as me basing things on a metaphysical level, I feel that earth realm is temporary and is not our true state of being. Being that metaphysics is not based on earthly reality, but rather a much more higher spiritual reality, my beliefs follow as such.
    :p

You do ... 'do' emotion Mac.
    :p Everyone does. As long as your heart is beating, emotion exist. Its part of us being human on earth. Its the pre-requisite if you may. Perhaps at time we wish that we didn't feel emotion. But it just takes certain people to bring that emotion out. Sometimes it may unfortunately take a negative situation to bring it out. Other situations will be more positive. But at this moment, what matters is the heart still beats and we all are constantly learning everyday. That's what we are here for. To learn and understand not only the world, but one another. Thanks Mac.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  17. dopier

dopier Member

Pardon the pun, but that was truly poetic!

18. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Lol. Hey Dopier. I live by my signature below :) I hope you have a great day :eek:

19. Sabrina S

Sabrina S New Member

After reading through a lot of the postings, I hope this thread continues. It seems to be the right place for what I've been hungry for as I get started here. Actual experiences told by the people who lived them.
    Like Roberta, I have a sense of that bigger picture and of protection because of several things that have happened in my life. I always believed in guardian angels but only as matter of course, because I was raised by my grandma to believe. I thought of them like one level below God, not beings you could actually meet.
    But I really, truly 'met' my guardian/guide when I heard s/he/it speak, once when I was about 17.
    I was in my 1st year at a large, urban, junior college and as the 1st person in my family to go to college and having only been in the U.S. for a couple of years, I was totally in over my head. I was close to doing very poorly in a class and I had to turn in an assignment that I had missed getting from the instructor. I realized I was missing it at the end of the day, after 2 other classes. I knew it wasn't likely the teacher would still be in the classroom but I went back there anyway, hoping against hope. Of course the door was locked and after standing there staring at it for a minute, I went back to the stairwell, pretty upset. I felt very strongly the responsibility to do well for my family.
    Halfway down the stairs, I just sat down, sunk in real despair, with my head down on my knees. Even though it was just a single assignment, I felt like a complete failure and felt I might not be able to cope with life in what felt like such an overwhelmingly, big, fast-moving, impersonal country
    All of a sudden, someone with a strong and lovely voice, said right next to my right ear: "Go back to the classroom" It was so clear and right out loud that I have often wondered if another person had been there, would they have heard it heard it too? Anyway, I looked up and around, expecting to see someone, but I also had a eerie feeling and knew no one was there and I just jumped up and walked back up the stairs, rounding the corner I looked down the corridor to where the classroom was, and I saw the instructor unlocking the door!
    He was surprised to see me when I walked in! He told me I was very lucky because, usually by that time of day he would have been long gone and had only come back for something important that he had forgotten too. He was only going to be there for a minute so he said my timing was very lucky.
    But I knew it wasn't luck. I thanked my guardian whose name I later learned is Adrienn, with as heartfelt thanks as I've ever given to this being who has been my life long companion. And over the years as I've thought of that, I've thought of how unimportant a life event it was. Even if I'd flunked the class, so what? It wasn't like my life was in danger or something dramatic like that, as many people have experienced. But I know that since it was so very important to me and I was so distressed that it became important to Adrienn and it became a 'teaching moment.' And I learned. Since that afternoon, I've known that I am not ever alone and when I truly need loving help, it will always be available.

20. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

This one is very tame compared to all the other experiences here, but during a session of Reiki, I felt a very distinct tugging feeling at the top of my head. Not like a physical tugging, but more like something had taken hold of my "Energy/Soul/Etc." and was gently tugging at it. At the time I was feeling this, The reiki healer was making a sort of pulling motion at the top of my head. I had no idea this was happening since I had my eyes closed throughout the session and I found out after telling them about the feeling.