1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Mystical Experiences Here

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by janef, Mar 28, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Hi All....
    Please share your mystical experiences here.
    Premonitions, Intuitions... whatever.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. soul2soul

soul2soul New Member

Happy to be your first responder Jane.....as per other posts there have been many experiences this lifetime so lets go back to the first about 62 years ago .
    My first memory I was a gleefully happy little boy

Then my second memory---
    I was outside my body looking at my frozen little 2 1/2 year old self . Yes this new house was cold but that wasn't the cause...I was frozen with fear having lost my home and my language . We had moved out of my warm French mother's parent's house in Sydney where I was born , to my Australian father's big cold house . I couldn't speak a word of English which upset Nana , so French was forbidden . Mum and I and my little sister only moved about 6-7 miles but it may as well have been across the galaxy . You see Nana was a stranger and I rarely saw Meme and Pepe again .
    My father had never spoken to because I wasn't a girl.....I was the first born of my generation to both families .

My third memory I was 5 , begging my mother not to make me go inside the gate for first day of school . To this day I don't remember anything inside school fence til 5th class --- no classrooms , playgrounds , teachers , fellow pupils nothing ....5 year abyss . So I had learnt the human art of self-protection very well ...shut it out . The one watching the little boy was carrying me through the trauma .

Then we uprooted and moved far away and it became a whole new challenge....yes I had been coming out of the fear and just starting to feel ok .

to be continued...hope this posts
    Michael

3. soul2soul

soul2soul New Member

Made it ....took 3 attempts using saving file etc

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I might've shared this already but I'm not sure. It was indirectly precipitated by cannabis use.

So minutes after the inhalation of cannabis smoke, I started pacing back and forth (like I usually do), thinking about a girl I've always been obsessed with. Eventually I seemed to have received a vision of a male having rough and mean intercourse with her, commanding her to say his name during. This vision caused me enough grief that I had to sit down in a chair and I believe at that moment my ego-mind actually stopped/surrendered. I felt a very strong energy in my brain that scared me at first but I soon realized that it was perfect euphoric bliss! I let it just happen for 10 seconds or so, smiling very hard with tears running down my face, but I suppose my ego-mind came back shaking my head "no" and feeling I was unworthy of the bliss. I feel that I received a message before rejecting the bliss, to the effect of, I am that bliss, or I am God, or I am directly connected to that Bliss of God at all times, like a net that will catch me when I fall.

This happened around October 2011, but I think I've still failed to integrate it at this point in my life. :(

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. janef

janef Moderator

Thanks for sharing that Nirvana... sounds like an OBE/STE to me.....

6. Celera

Celera Active Member

C. S. Lewis (you may have heard of him, a well known Christian author) was an atheist for many years but converted to Christianity after an experience very much like this one. The precipitating circumstances were different, but he describes having been overcome with a sense of otherworldly joy, which he knew must be the presence of God, or some sort of spiritual experience, at least. I have heard other accounts along these lines, and I think it may not be so unusual for someone to have a spiritual awakening as a result of such an experience.

From your other writings, I would agree that you have not yet fully integrated this into your life. But you are still working on it, and you will perhaps work on it as long as you are here on Earth. This is not a "failure" and you are not "unworthy."

Goldie likes this.
  7. Celera

Celera Active Member

When I have a longer post in mind, I find it helps to write the post in Word, or whatever word processing software is available. That way I can save, stop and start, and edit until I am satisfied. Then I copy/paste the text into a message on the forum.

This has the advantage of giving me a backup copy of my post, should I ever want it for any reason, but more importantly it avoids any timeout problems, or the thing my laptop does where I backspace and instead it highlights and deletes a whole paragraph before I know what happened.

8. janef

janef Moderator

I am intrigued Michael... look forward to hearing more.

Great suggestion Celera. thanks.

Jane

9. janef

janef Moderator

My first experience that has made me a believer in an afterlife/reincarnation, is I can remember as a baby thinking "I must remember to tell my Mother what I know" It was exciting information I could not wait to tell her. It was before I could talk, I would constantly say to myself "don't forget, don't forget" But I did forget what it was. But I think it was about her as a little girl when her Mother died when she was 3 years old. I only have one picture of my biological grandmother, on her wedding day and I have a sense I might have been her.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I didn't share my first mystical experience for 35 years, but once my mother had a similar experience I realized I wasn't weird after all and I began to tell it to everyone!

When I was eight years old I woke up in darkness and realized there is no God. And I was terrified! In the midst of my terror there was a brilliant flash of white light in the room, like burning magnesium - but it didn't affect my eyes. A young male voice said, "You wouldn't know what it is to have me unless you know what it is to be without me. I will never leave you again." (Eventually I concluded that this was my spirit guide - and he spoke to me from a similar flash of light again when I was twenty.)

From that day on I always have known that I was eternally safe, that this world was illusory, and that there had to be a whole lot of something behind the curtain! I have spent more than half a century trying to understand what it was, and eventually I did figure it out, but it took awhile. As a child, I assumed that an experience of light must be a common event since it had happened to me, but I have come to think that such experiences happen to no more than maybe 2-3% of the population. There are some reported in the Bible, though - Moses with his burning bush that talks and is not consumed; Paul's encounter with Jesus on the road that resulted in his conversion. I have never met anyone who had a similar experience and was not rocked and irrevocably altered by it.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  11. janef

janef Moderator

Wow... thanks Roberta for your story. What a special gift you were given. Do you know of any reason that would have prompted it?

12. Kataleena

Kataleena New Member

Yes, I'd like to know as well, Roberta, what could have prompted it? I had something similar happen when I was 21. Well, kind of. I woke up in the middle of the night to see a very large glowing image of the face of Jesus enshrouded in a white light, then around that was golden light. I was just a regular college kid (but I was not drinking or anything when that happened, lol) with no real stresses except for just college stuff. I have no idea why that would have happened. But the image gave off a very peaceful vibe.

And I never thought that it was actually Jesus, just that it certainly looked like the common pictures of Jesus most of us see. That was over 20 years ago and I have only speculated on why that happened. I had hid under the covers after a few seconds, then looked up again and it was still there, just looking at me. Then as my heart pounded so loud, I lost my nerve and hid for good under the covers because I just was frozen.

I had a roommate too, who was sleeping through the whole thing not 7 feet away from me. I can only figure that maybe it was a guide, like Roberta had figured her experience was.

13. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Riding on unicorns/horses. Swimming in a canoe with panthers. (OBE's by the way) Having a flock of children in my dreams call me by a different name. Seeing earth from a different dimension. It is always very beautiful looking at earth during an OBE, and yet when we experience earth, it is ugly.

Being handed gifts, hugs, and kisses during an OBE. Being told I am loved and to never give up (during an OBE). Also, my daughter tells me that she dreams what I dream.

I was also told in yet another dream that my brother has died in a past life and I am carrying the guilt into this life. The irony is that I have always wanted a brother or sister in this life but my mom couldn't have any other children but me. I drive around with a plastic shaped heart filled with rainbow sand. My daughter gave it to me on Christmas. The most fascinating part is that a rainbow heart was given to me in an OBE by a gentleman who I felt was my brother/best friend who died. It was as if my child knew to give this to me and it was on Christmas day. My daughter knew nothing of this dream but she gave it to me anyways. I am starting to think that she was him in a past life. Whenever I feel sad, I grip the rainbow heart with my right hand and move on with life. It protects me. By all means I should be dead. Thanks to my daughter, dreams, and friends who truly understand me (both dead and alive).. I am here. I just had someone I knew for 10 years (since we were teenagers), contact me a week ago. I was explaining to him about kindred spirits and soul groups. He seemed to understand me more now than when we were "kids". Everything comes full circle. In general, I love people... just not certain people. I get it now. But it still hurts cause the true reality is when I am dead. But I will finish what I started. I only remain alive for my child and the patience that others have given me. So I will give it back to them and more.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  14. normy

normy New Member

339.jpg

I watched this photo being taken at a physical medium's workshop to demonstrate spirit photography for yourself, and saw this image immediately afterwards on the digital camera. I have seen or taken myself many other photos to capture transfiguration or spirit photographs which has helped my own intuition, because the medium is able to transfer her energies to enable others to experience for themselves.

15. ravensgate

ravensgate Member

I am not sure I would label some of my experiences “mystical”, but they have certainly stayed with me, though so many years have passed. To this day I sometimes wonder “why me?”, lol.
    I will share a few, though I must tell you that in regards to the first one, I remember the first part only. Of the apparent effects related to it, I have no recollection, only what my parents told me, several years later. This is the experience when I was around the age of 5 and fell on my head (had slipped on a bar of soap). All went black and then here I was looking at my body on the floor and my mother freaking out, shaking me, telling me to wake up, to open my eyes. She was screaming for help, and I quickly grew frustrated with her because I kept telling her to quit making so much noise. I still remember saying, “Mom, I’m here!” – but she could not hear me. I remember looking at my body there on the floor, I knew it was mine but felt no attachment to it whatsoever. Next thing I remember was that everything went black again and then I was looking up at my mom’s face, I no longer was hovering close to the ceiling. Now, apparently after this incident, I began to show some type of odd behavior, lol. My parents told me (years later, when I was a teen) that I would sit up in bed, eyes closed, and I would say things that would invariably turn out to be true. For example, a funny one was when I said “they” would find the lion close to the freeway. My parents did not pay much attention to this, but a few days later it was reported that a lion had escaped; turns out they did find it close to the freeway. This sort of behavior continued for a few years, but eventually disappeared by the time I reached the age of 7 or 8.

A second experience was seeing a mist rise up from the chest area of an ICU patient. At the time it happened the thought of anything mystical/spiritual never entered my mind (my atheist days), but it left me stunned, wondering what in the world that was. Interestingly, at the same time that I witnessed this “mist” or “scintillating fog” rise up from the patient, I heard someone inside my head tell me that she (the patient) was not coming back…. And she did not. Took me over 10 years to realize and accept that what I had witnessed was her ethereal body detach.

My third experience happened several years ago but still elicits a mixture of strong emotions that I really cannot explain. To this day I do not know for sure if it was a dream or if it occurred during a hypnagogic state, but I found myself in a prone position, on what appeared to be a sandy hill. I was afraid of slipping, so I called out “Jesus help me!” Immediately I felt something/someone hold me steady and safe. I looked to my left and I saw the most beautiful scenery. I saw a valley, beautiful green rolling hill and on the horizon was a brilliant white-gold light that was so very bright but did not hurt my eyes. I realize this may sound crazy, but the light “spoke” of peace and love, and I felt that everything was going to be alright. I have never, ever experienced such sense of peace and belonging and love. Then I looked down and this is what really gets to me, every single time. Down below there was a river; I was fascinated by the water that flowed rapidly; it was crystal clear but what floored me is that the water had a brilliance to it; I could see tiny bright lights in that water, flowing; words cannot describe it. That water was alive! I know, difficult to explain and perhaps difficult to understand, but I tell you, that was had life, it was alive! And then the dream/state ended, and I felt so sad, and I tried to recapture it. I wanted to go back but no matter how hard I tried, I could not.
    I have had other experiences, but I’ve already taken up too much space and time, lol. My apology for the long post. 

16. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

I have had a few experiences over the years which seem to fall somewhat outside of the norm. One of my earliest experiences which were recounted to me by my mum was when I was very young (probably around 3 years old). My mum has mentioned that I had an 'invisible' friend who I used to chat to on my own quite a lot. When my mum asked me who I was talking to, I replied 'Thomasina'. For years I never really thought about this apart from thinking that it was quite an odd name and not one I was familiar with before. It was only recently that I looked up the name on Google and one of the first few links was to a film and book 'The Three Lives of Thomasina' which is all about a cat who dies and comes back in a resurrected life to her owner. The film seems to carry a lot of spiritual themes that are very relevant to my interest in the afterlife and the relationship of love, God and eternal life. After discussion with my mum, it seems unlikely that I would have seen the film or been read the book as we had very little television/film viewing (early 70's) and my mum being Japanese, did not have a lot of european or british cultural reference at that time so this name would have been quite unusual for her ). Another interesting coincidence is the meaning of Thomasina (aramaic?) which apparently is twin- I now have twin ID boys :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  17. dopier

dopier Member

Hi all,
    I’m not quite sure what my experience would qualify as, although it shook me from head to toes at the time because I had no prior knowledge that that kind of love existed. I was having a turbulent period with my church because I was asking too many questions that gave the appearance I wasn’t fully on board. In reality, I had no ulterior motives (or so I thought) in terms of leaving the church or causing trouble. I just didn’t understand why there were things said that in my opinion were not fully followed. I guess in my feeble mind I wanted to make the church better.
    On Friday evening after some regular meetings, I left the church so frustrated that I started crying once I got home. I sat on my bed, feeling so frustrated as to why the people couldn’t understand I only meant good. I started praying…although I would say it was mainly out of frustration. I think my frustration was mostly directed at God (obviously from the standpoint of how I saw Him/Her/It back then). But then it was as if there was a laser (no light…just instinctively) piercing through the ceiling from above that struck me, and I was hit with this love that instantaneously changed my prayer to pure thanksgiving (that explanation does not really come close to how I truly felt). But what was most important is the LOVE!
    I think it’s a futile exercise trying to convince folks out of anything they want or do believe. Just wait until they start feeling this love. It’s probably pretentious of me to say…but I would want to know anyone with this kind of love that didn’t change. I’ve gotten glimpses of it since that moment. But I can only imagine when I should be living in this and more eternally? HA! Folks, I don’t mean to be preachy on you. But I think it’s going to be alright after it’s all said and done. Sorry for the long rambling.

Sabrina S likes this.
  18. janef

janef Moderator

Great stories... thanks to all for sharing.

My most significant experience was about 15 years ago while in a self-hypnosis trance when I found myself 'out of body' floating in the Universe and feeling so much LOVE and PEACE, words cannot describe. The most powerful experience of my life. It was absolute perfection and felt like home. I had no questions, had an expanded awareness, like my brain just cleared and I understood everything. I received information but cant remember it. lol.. but sometimes it just comes out as truth that I know. It has changed my life. I knew for sure this was the Spiritual world I had a glimpse of. No longer fear death. And now I am realizing the LOVE is what we call GOD.

19. RobertaGrimes

I think my experiences of light happened so I would be prompted to do the work that I am doing today. I have been told by psychics (when I was in that phase of my afterlife research) that I signed up to be part of the team working now to bring these truths to the world, and in fact my immediate family is not part of my soul group but I chose to be born at that time and place so I would have some necessary later experiences and meetings. Who knows? But if that is the case, then I imagine that before I entered the "shrink machine" to become a baby (yup - there is evidence that is what happens), I think I probably told my primary spirit guide that I would never remember to do what was planned unless I had a big sign from him right at the start, and maybe a second one when I was, like, 20. So he obliged ;-).

20. RobertaGrimes

How wonderful, Janef!! That sort of transcendent experience is rarely reported, but it happens - and it is life-changing. As Mikey says, God is the unity of pure love. You are blessed!!