1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your dreams

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by poeticblue, Jul 18, 2016.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I originally wanted to post this on Carol and Mikeys thread, but I figured I would start a new thread just like the old days :) I would like for others to lead the way this go around because it helps a great bit (at least for me) to open up having read other people's experiences.

I will be very much obliged to know if certain people on this forum have had dreams that were spiritually significant to them and the reason as to why it made an impact on them. This includes OBE's, Lucid Dreams, Regular Dreams et al...

I know others have posted their experiences on different threads throughout these years but again I figured I would start a new thread. :eek:

Ken likes this.
  2. Alexandra

Alexandra New Member

Hi Poeticblue,

I believe I had a dream with spiritual significance for me, just recently. I am still trying to figure out if it was a real communication from my recently departed grandmother or just a regular dream. What I really can tell you is that since I had it (almost a month ago), I can still remember the details of it. After analizing it more deeply I realised something I did not notice at first. I posted the dream in another thread before, but I will post it again below:

“My sister and I were in the dream. We were in somebody’s house, we didn’t know who, but apparently it was a burial house, though it didn’t look like one, it look like a normal house. We saw two or three unknown men who were sealing a casket. We approached them and I asked: “Where’s my grandmother. Is this her coffin? I am looking for my grandmother”. One of the man answered: “No, this is another coffin. Your grandmother is there”. Then, we went farther in the house, to a backyard that look like a garden, and waited for the men to bring gran. They brought a casket. One of the men asked: Would you like to see her? And my sister and I nodded and replied “Yes”. The men unsealed the coffin lid. The coffin containing her remains was much smaller than the one she was put in once she died in real life. When we saw grandma lying there we started to cry. “Grandma!” I said. “Grandma!” I said one more time, this time louder and touching her chest. There, I saw gran started moving one of her hands. Then, she began raising her hand slowly and touched the edge of the casket. At this point she smiled and opened her eyes. And that’s where I exclaimed “Gran, you’re not dead!”. She made an effort to rise herself and sat in the coffin. I hugged her strongly, and started crying again. And that’s where I woke up and the dream ended.”

The dream was incredibly vivid, I thought I was actually there until I woke up and realised it was only a dream. I have to say that the dream ended suddenly and that's where I woke up, and I was completely awaken and with my eyes wide open. This has never happened to me in the past, except from one single time about four years ago, after a nightmare and when my grandma was still alive. However, this dream was nothing like a nightmare. I was not scared and felt so happy and calm in it. Years ago, the nightmare demonstrated a symbolism I did not understand at the moment of dreaming it, but a month after the nightmare took place, real events that resembled the dream took place in my life. This made me think the nightmare was actually a premonitory dream which I did not understand at first, but only after the events had taken place in real life. That happened years ago like I said, and no deceased relatives were present in that nightmare so it was not a communication dream.

This dream I recently had and where my grandma was present really astonished me after some analysis was made by myself. Days after the dream took place I was reviewing the details of it and suddenly I remembered that the hand that my grandmother moved was her left hand. To help herself rise and sit in the coffin, she moved the left arm as well; so her left arm and hand were moving again. In real life, and after suffering a first stroke two and a half years ago, her left arm became disabled. Though she was treated with physiotherapy back then, she was never able to recover the movement of that arm and hand. Now, in the dream, this disability was gone and she moved her left hand again. As I did not realise about this fact at first, after the analysis days later I felt very amazed about the fact that she was moving again that part of her body, and thought to myself that perhaps she was trying to tell me that her arm was perfect again!

I really wish this could be a message from my gran, but I am still confused about the dream and whether or not it was a real communication dream.

Ken likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Alexandra, since it remains so vivid in your mind, that seems indeed to have been a communication dream. I was confused by it for most of your post, since I can't recall another reported dream that was so involved with death symbolism; but then when you said that she had been paralyzed, the meaning seemed a lot clearer to me. She was meeting you where you were in your understanding - Grandma is dead - and taking you to where she is now. Not only is Grandma not dead at all, but now she is healthy and no longer paralyzed! What a lovely gift that is - thank you for sharing it!

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Yes, thank you for sharing Alexandra. Have you had any other similar experiences like this that was dream related? Perhaps this is something you may want to further continue exploring if you keep the door open.

5. Alexandra

Alexandra New Member

Hello,

Thanks Roberta and poeticblue for your replies. I was just trying to confirm if it really was a visit dream. It is just quite difficult to believe if there isn't any proof other than just a dream that remains vivid in your mind. Not only this dream remains vivid (specially the last part, the strong hug, I really felt it as a real hug), but it also surprised me days later after the more thourough analysis took place. I did not realize about the left hand-arm moving at first, because everything seemed so natural and events were taking place as if it were normal life in the dream. Small details such as the left hand-arm tend to go unnoticed, until one analyses the entire situation more thoroughly. That's where it hit me - Hey, gran's left-hand was moving! Her arm-hand were disabled in real life, how is that possible?.

Roberta, I have read your book "The fun of staying in touch". Great piece of work! Congratulations! I have found some of the ways loved ones try to communicate with us after they've passed very interesting, and I actually experienced finding coins and some electric activity in the house after my gran passed away. Right now, I am reading one of the books you suggest for further individual research, "Life in the world unseen" by Anthony Borgia. I find so out-of-this-world (lol, it is actually) and too good to be true (just like you write in your books about the afterlife) the words written in that book! Though what the book narrates is unverifiable, it gives me a sense my gran is super-fine and having the greatest time somewhere in this universe. I wish there could be a concrete evidence about the facts told in this book are true, but I believe Mr. Borgia (the medium who channeled the spirit giving an account of his life after phisycal) passed away long time ago. There are questions I have regarding this book and its content, and wouldn't know where to find the answers.

Poeticblue, I haven't had any other dream related to my gran apart from the dream mentioned above. Yes, I have had dreams in the past and which remain quite vivid in my mind (just like the nightmare) but they weren't communication dreams, no deceased relatives were in them. I'd love to have more communication dreams from my gran in the future though...

Ken likes this.
  6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Alexandra, most (perhaps all) of what is said in Borgia's book is amply corroborated elsewhere. It's too good to be true, but it's true all the same!!

7. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Hi poeticblue

I'm not sure if this fits into what you are requesting, but I had an interesting dream last night that has had me thinking about it all day today.

As I have already shared, since my husband's passing in December, I have had 5 distinct dreams of him. Each one has felt so real and vivid, that even though in my dream, I have questioned if I was actually dreaming, and each have left me feeling that I had just spent time with my husband. I have thought about ever single dream and have come up with the following: The first was to show me that he was awake and OK, still with his sense of humor and maybe to help me move past the way he was in the hospital, the second was to tell me that he "couldnt stop what was happening to him" the third was to come to visit, and tell me that maybe he "made it" and ask me how I was doing, the fourth was to show me what he currently looks like, younger and healthier and the fifth was to bring my Daddy to say hello.

Even though each and everyone of these dreams have left me feeling like he was with me, my doubting mind will still tell me that they were "just a dream".

Last night though, I believe he or someone showed me the difference between "dreaming of him" v. "a visit from him" if that makes any sense.

The dream last night was a typical, make no sense dream, in which I dont remember how it started but I do remember that we were sitting on a patio, and discussing the construction of our friend's new patio cover. I told him that I really liked it and wanted to change our patio cover to be more like theirs. Then I remember looking up and seeing that our patio cover was even cooler, with drapes and a hammock overlooking a large rolling backyard. We talk a little bit, I cant really see him, and the dream is just convoluted. The only other thing that I remember is my kids walking outside to say something... and then it was gone.

The differences from last nights dreams to the others I have had are actually night and day. In the visit dreams, I remember everything about them, still, to this day. While I dont remember everything that was said, I remember the surroundings, I remember the feelings, I remember our conversations, I remember exactly what I was doing in the dreams, I remember when I saw him, what he was wearing. In 3 out of the 5 dreams, we were at our house, I we were in the hospital and the one with my Dad, we were in a white hallway somewhere... like a restaurant or bar or something. The dream last night seemed like we were at our home, but it wasnt our home, it almost felt like a hotel.

And in the 5 visit dreams with him, I immediately awoke. It was like I was being pulled back through a tunnel very quickly and immediately woke up, not sleep groggy but fully awake. After the dream last night I slowly came out of sleep, like I normally do.

As I was slowly coming out of sleep this morning, the first thought that popped into my head was... that is the difference between when he visits v. when you dream.

That is what I have been thinking about all day.

Ken likes this.
  8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hi Shininglight and all! I am sorry for my late replies. It is going to take some time for me to log back on this forum regularly again.

My daughter just started school again and I have other matters to attend to. But I will try to make a noble effort tonight to respond. I don't want to force any responses and I am willing to take my time.

9. Ken

Ken Member

I have a few dreams but I will share the Scariest one of all! Mwahahaha...(coughing)

This was when I became a believer of Jesus and started going to church. I remember that night, I had cleaned my room and was really looking forward to going to church the next day. I had had it with my old ways and so it kind of marked the beginning of my spiritual path.

I turned off the light and went to bed sleeping on my stomach. I closed my eyes for what seemed like a few seconds and then I opened my eyes but it was strange because I suddenly found myself facing the ceiling and flipped 180 degrees so my head was now where my feet was supposed to be.

I looked around the dark room and it was all cleaned up just like it was before I turned out the lights. Then I looked down towards my feet and saw a human figure standing next to my bed. I didn't feel scared by his presence, he was like a shadow and looked a little like me. So I went back to sleep lol

As I was trying to go to sleep I started feeling a sensation coming from my toes, slowly it started building up so opened my eyes and looked at what was going on. What I saw was the shadow poking a sharp and pointy object under my toe nails and that's when the, EXCRUCIATING, pain hit me! My immediate response was to bend my knees but as if the shadow could read my mind, it pinned my knees down with it's other arm! I tried screaming and getting up but I couldn't move or speak(classic sleep paralysis). This continued for a few seconds and then I finally called out the name of Jesus and I suddenly found myself facing the shadow(he was shorter in height than I was), I advanced towards the shadow and he took a couple of steps back but then the dream skipped into the next day.

My toes were bandaged and I could still feel the pain(I was wearing slippers/beach sandals). I was walking through my local town and I met a relative(living) and we started talking and in the middle of the conversation a huge guy comes up and stabs me in the heart with a syringe and injects something into me. He runs away and my relative is panic-stricken trying to hold me up but I could feel myself dying. End of dream.

The next morning when I woke up, I didn't know I was awake until I stood up and walked a couple of steps and realized the pain in my toes were gone. o_O

10. Dreamsurfer

Dreamsurfer New Member

Hello, having spiritual events happen in my dreams is why I'm here.
    I'll be 50 soon. I've been having spiritual dreams since I'm 16 or so, specifically visiting with people who have died. They are very different from a normal dream. In fact I don't believe these visits with dead people are dreams at all. The following is just one of many.... just a little back story to get started.
    My grandfather was from Sicily and came here in 1920, at 20 years old. He was a mason and built his own house when he met my grandmother and the soon got married and had six children. All their children were born in that house. As a child I would often visit with my siblings and cousins. We'd play in the basement often. However, in the basement was a separate room where the oil burner was. As a kid I could never bring myself to go in that room. If I tried to I'd get chills down my spine and up my neck. That room gave me the creeps.
    The dreams: I've had three visits with my deceased grandfather over the years. The first one started with me going to sleep and just waking up on the other side. I was walking on a dirt road and realized I was in Sicily. I came to an old house and saw my grandfather tending to his garden. It was over grown, very unlike him. I asked him why his garden was so over grown. He told me time didn't exist there and there was no hurry to clean it up. As we spoke I realized we were not speaking but rather reading each other's thoughts, or communicating telepathically. I woke up feeling like I just slammed back into my body.
    The second visit: Went to sleep, woke up in grandfathers basement. I was in the oil burner room! My grandfather was standing in the room and pointed out the window above his head. There was a brilliant light shining through the window. I couldn't understand what he was showing me. I let him know the room made me uncomfortable and that I had to leave. I slammed back into my body, waking me again.
    The third visit: I again went to sleep one night and woke up in my grandfathers basement again, in the creepy oil burner room. This time there wasn't an oil burner but a huge coal furnace. My grandfather was standing next to it. I was very nervous. He opened the door on the coal furnace and pointed inside. I was terrified to look inside. I apologized to him for not looking and told him I had to leave. And again I slammed back into my body. When that happens it feels like I've been dropped onto my bet from five feet above the bed.
    Now I've always told my mother about my dreams. She was a big fan of my dream stories and believed I was in fact visiting with deceased people in my dreams as did I. So I was excited to tell her about this last one about her father.
    I went to her house the next day to tell her. When I told her what I saw with her father she started to cry and told me the following: Mom was number six of six children. The baby born right before her was stillborn. For whatever reason my grandfather disposed of the lifeless baby in the coal furnace! That was all she knew about the baby. My mother has since died but I wanted to know more. I went to see my aunt to see what she knew. I told her about my dream and she stopped me. She knew about the baby too. Strange thing was the baby's name was Joseph......MY name!!
    I don't know exactly why my grandfather would show me the furnace and try to have me look inside. My gut feeling is perhaps I was that baby and for whatever reason my soul decided it wasn't time to come here.
    This is just one of many, many dreams I've had over the years. The most significant visitation dreams seem to come in threes: I saw my grandfather, grandmother and my own mother three times each. The last visit with my mother was highly significant and I will share that one soon. Thanks for reading..Peace and love to all..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  11. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing those dreams, Dreamsurfer. Intriguing to read. :)

12. Dreamsurfer

Dreamsurfer New Member

Thank for reading

13. Unexpected

Unexpected Member

Yes, thanks for sharing. I agree with bluebird, very intriguing indeed!

14. Dreamsurfer

Dreamsurfer New Member

Here's another very real "dream" I had. This was way more than a dream thus the quotes. This is going to be long and I apologize for that but I promise it well worth the read.
    As I said in my last story I dream of people who have passed on to the other side. The most significant ones come in threes. This is one such event.
    My mother died in 2012. Don't say sorry because I'm totally fine with it. But long before she died I'd always tell her of my "dreams". I saw her mother three times and when I would see her she was always reading to children who have crossed over. Every time I would see her I tried to get her attention by saying " Hey grandma! It's me Joey!" And every time she would tell me to go back. I could never enderstand why she wouldn't talk to me and always chased me away.
    Anyway, my mother was dying from leukemia. I was out of work at the time after I had an operation on my back. So I'd visit her everyday and talk about what I thought heaven would be like for her. I could tell she was nervous about where she might end up. You see she carried a lot of guilt about the way we were raised. My father( still alive) was very abusive to her and us kids. I think she felt she should've done more to protect us. She soon died and that's where the dream part of the story starts.
    About a month after she died I had a short dream. The dream started with me sitting in a car on a gray, rainy evening. I was sitting in the car and noticed a small house across the street. There were a few women standing outside, like they were standing guard to keep anyone from entering. To me it seemed like a shelter where battered women would go for safety. I got out of the car and walked to the house. I KNEW my mother was in there. The women outside politely stopped me and said" Now is not the time." I was denied entry. I woke up in my usual fashion: feeling like my soul slammed back into my body. For me this dream was more symbolic: it told me my mother was in fear of her own judgement. I believe we judge ourselves when we die, but she was in fear none the less.
    The second dream was very quick. I found myself in my mothers arms. She was wearing a white bathrobe, her hair was wet and she smelled like she had just taken a shower. And that was the extent of that dream. From that I looked at the symbolism of the dream and determined that she had made it past her own judgment: she was cleansed. Just want to make a point here...I follow no religion. Sometimes when I read what I wrote it sounds that way.
    My third dream about my mother gives me goose bumps to this day. Three months after mom died I had returned to work, still feeling crippled when I woke up everyday.
    So one night I went to sleep and immediately found myself traveling through a winding tunnel made entirely of light. I had no body and was moving at a very high rate of speed. The funny thing was I knew where I was, knew where I was going and who I was going to see.
    At the end of the tunnel I found myself in my mothers kitchen. I sat at the table and looked to my left. My mother "floated" in to the room. I instantly started to talk to her, stumbling over my words because I was talking so fast. And by talking I mean telepathically with my thoughts. This has happened in many previous dreams with other people by the way. So when I say I'm talking that's what is happening.
    My mother then stopped me and said" Slow down. This isn't going to be one of those fleeting, quick experiences. We have plenty of time." I then said " Thany you for visiting me." ( I asked her to visit me before she died). She responded " I didn't come to see you, you came to see me!" I knew I was on the other side but was still in disbelief. I said" I thought I wasn't supposed to come here. Do you remember when you were back on earth and I told you that grandma would always tell me to go back?"
    She smiled and said " When you go to see your grandmother, she is doing sacred work. Let me put it this way...you wouldn't walk into a church in the middle of mass and tug on the priests robe and say" hey buddy, how are you doing" would you?" " when you visit your grandmother that's exactly what you are doing!" She confirmed that Ive been going there in my dreams. I still was in disbelief although I knew for years what was happening. I had to ask " So, you're telling me that I'm the one coming here? All this time I've been visiting the afterlife?" She said" Yes Joseph. You have been given this beautiful gift. You asked for it!" I suppose I somehow did. I remember a time when I was 8. I had just been brutally beaten by my father. At that point I didn't think I was going to live to see morning. I prayed myself to sleep that night, begging Jesus to help me.( at the time I was being raised catholic)
    I couldn't help to notice my mother was wearing the most beautiful gown I e ever seen. Words fail me to describe it but I will say that it was made of light. I commented on it." Wow mom, that's some gown! Are you going somewhere?" In her sing songy way she said" Oh, I'm going to a banquet of the heavens!" She was so happy saying that, like she earned her place to go to the banquet. It was by far the happiest I've ever seen her. "Can I go with you?" I asked. " No honey, but I can show you around a little bit" she said. I jumped at the chance. And with my acknowledgment Woosh! We were in a very different place. It was a very large room. There were tunnel openings on the walls, much like the tunnel I came in on.
    There was a guardian for each tunnel. The rest of the room was filled with souls who were awaiting their birth into the physical realm. They were so excited and eager to go. I closely watched one guardian. He/she would pick up one of the eager souls and briefly discuss how they would get back to heaven, after all they need to come back! So this one soul said" I'm going to get a disease!" The soul seem so happy to do so. I felt a little nervous but my mother told me that that's how it works she then said to me" Can you believe they go to many worlds? Earth isn't the only place they go!" I wasn't so surprised by that, I mean just look at our galaxy . There are billions of stars. Billions of galaxies. So for me the odds of life somewhere else isn't so surprising.
    I knew it was time for me to go and with that I found myself back in moms kitchen. I had to ask " Why the kitchen ma?" She said" That's you manifesting the kitchen. It's for your comfort. It just gives you a foundation for this experience."
    I moved toward the tunnel I came in on. She said to me " Jo Jo, before you go, how is your back feeling?" " Oh ma, I feel like a cripple every morning." She then said" Not when you wake up." and picked me up, with her arm going down the length of my back and threw me down the tunnel. I traveled back down the tunnel, all the while wondering how I was going to get back into my body and what is it going to feel like. Fortunately for me when I was getting close to my body I blacked out.
    I woke up in my bed. I felt like I never slept at all. And I was surprised I didn't slam into my body as usual. Words can never fully describe the entire experience but I can say it's like it's tattooed in my brain and will never leave me.
    I got up out of bed and I had zero back pain. In fact for three days I felt like I had electricity flowing throughout my body.
    I'm sorry for the length of this true story but I thought it was worth sharing. I hope it puts a smile on you, the reader. Peace and love to you.

15. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Your dreams are fascinating Dreamsurfer. One aspect that you state that completely and perfectly explains how I felt after having a dream with my husband was being slammed back into your body. I felt like I was being drawn back quickly, almost through a tunnel and suddenly slammed awake. Just such a great way to describe the feeling. It's so different from when you wake from a "regular" dream. Waking from a regular dream is so slow and rising to higher levels. To me, in my experience, a dream with my husband jolts me awake.

Thank you for taking the time to share.

16. Dreamsurfer

Dreamsurfer New Member

Thank you for reading my post, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I read yours as well and the similarities are striking. I believe that I am surely leaving my body when these kind of visitation dreams happen. It truly is a magical experience.

ShingingLight1967 likes this.
  17. Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain Member

I had a dream where I was having a great day and I was on a boat..... It was storming and the boat went on a wave sideways, and it got knocked over.... everyone ended up drowning to death and then I woke up in a hell-like state... if that makes sense... It was a false awakening in other words and I was in this labyrinth of some sorts and It was horrible and besides the place was infested with shadow people and people that I had been mean towards in the past.... I will upload a file of St.Paul's Labyrinth because it is the closest thing I can think of to the dreamscape that I was in.

[​IMG]

The dream pretty much inspired me to be a better person, since I interpreted it as a sign of "You are going to burn in hell if you don't" I also made amends with the people that I saw and oddly enough, it has made me feel better...

Does anyone have any insight into this dream or it's meaning?

18. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Kurt,
    I don't believe there is any such place/state/condition as "hell". However, since you interpreted your dream to mean that you need to be a better person, and since doing so has made you feel better, then I think it's likely your own soul and/or subconscious mind were letting you know that you feel you need to be a better person. Not because there will be some horrible, hellish, labyrinthine punishment if you don't, but because that's who you want to be as a person.

19. Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain Member

Thank you Bluebird. I also do not believe in hell, but sometimes the idea scares me.... I guess it is like a hangover from years of conditioning by hard line traditionalists.

20. mac

mac host

As I've written on a number of occasions, mainstream religious conditioning, and those involved in perpetuating it, have a lot to answer for....