1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Guided Afterlife Connection Experiences

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Unexpected, Dec 12, 2016.

1. lovehim

lovehim Member

Thank you for the reassurance! I hope I am, and I hope it does.

2. lovehim

lovehim Member

Thank you. The intense grief comes in waves. Not to add too many personal details, but I ended up moving out of our home and across the country to be with my family because I was by myself when it happened.

I had a reading with one medium and am following up with one you recommended because I need affirmation.

The ITC communications have really helped me. In one of the self-guided afterlife connections, he got on his bike and told me to get new tires for the bike. I reminded him I don't know how to ride a bike -- something I failed at learning growing up and never pursued as an adult (he knew that), and he said "Trust me, I will help, just get the new tires, I kept meaning to do that."

Unexpected likes this.
  3. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I’m glad you are with family. Grief, I just have no words most times. I always want to write something yet I know how hard it is so I just send the hugs.

I almost told you to go check out the mediums post in case that might be of interest. I hope it helps. I love communicating with my love but those mediums helped me so much. They were both worth every dollar.

Thanks for sharing your bike connection, I love it. For me, those types of connections help me more. It’s like - nothing is different (minus the physical part obviously), still here, still love you, still supporting you. That’s an amazing gift.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm very impressed by these accounts. :)

lovehim likes this.
  5. lovehim

lovehim Member

I keep saying to everyone - nobody knows what to say.

Thank you for that recommendation - I'm excited to talk to her this week. The previous connection I had with a medium was very powerful and had me in tears. I had some doubts, so I'm hoping Michelle St. Clair doesn't leave me with any of those.

Sometimes in the middle of my self guided connections, I find myself a mess of tears. But it's different than normal tears. I start sobbing uncontrollably in the middle of the connection, the minute I "feel" him.

I just finished listening to my last ITC session, and I didn't remember this but at the end I tell him, "Can you hug me?"

He says, "OK"

I keep talking but he's saying, "Start opening up as much as you doubt it"

This website has really been so miraculous for me. Of course, I'm still grieving the loss of his physical body and sad that I can't "see" him like mediums can but I have faith that it'll get better and that the more we communicate, the better my dear beloved will be able to continue talking to me.

A friend of mine who believes in the afterlife asked me yesterday, "Shouldn't you let him rest in peace?" I laughed.

Unexpected likes this.
  6. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I liked using two different mediums. As you read in that post, I felt they were both important in my growth.

As for the tears during a connection, yes! It’s very powerful to feel them and when I get that push of his true essence (only way I know how to describe it) it completely unravels me. It’s one thing to talk to them telepathically, it’s a whole other experience to truly feel them.

I agree, this site and those who are devoted to maintaining it are amazing. I was led here and I know why.

As for your friend, yeah I chuckled reading that. If he didn’t want to communicate with you, he wouldn’t. They have free will, there’s no rule that says they have to do anything. You won’t interfere with his spiritual growth, you can’t. Michelle will reassure you of that too. We all need to choose our own path forward. When I talk to people about the afterlife, I realize these connections, it isn’t for everyone and that’s ok. I think sometimes people think it’s prolonging grief. Um no, it’s the opposite. Mine guides me now, he’s here all the time. It’s not weird but I can appreciate how some people wouldn’t be able to live their life and have this.

7. mac

"It’s not weird but I can appreciate how some people wouldn’t be able to live their life and have this."

This is a great point. We are each very much individuals and what works for one won't necessarily work for another. Some find they have a connection with a lost loved one without doing anything special or unusual - it just happens for them. Others undertake some form of learning how to communicate - it's not certain we all have the necessary receptiveness or have enough application ability to apply ourselves to the learning process; it might not work even after trying.

Finally there are the rest of us. ;)

Unexpected likes this.
  8. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Thanks for sharing that Mac. I appreciate your insight and knowledge. I often question everything you spoke to above. If we are all truly psychic then shouldn’t everyone be able to learn? I’m finding not everyone wants to. What opens the door for those who do? Just a desire to grow in that direction? Part of the plan? So many questions I suspect I won’t know until later though

9. mac

Over the past year or so I've reached a similar state of mind and now, as I approach the time when all will again become familiar, I'm much-less interested in searching for answers to the 'stuff' that previously drove me. :)

Unexpected likes this.
  10. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Well I hope when you return that you are pleased with the growth you experienced here. I hope you accomplish all you set out to learn!

11. mac

thank you - that's a lovely sentiment. :) I do sometimes wonder just how I will feel when I do look back to assess how things turned out. I probably don't have long to wait and I'm less impatient now.

Folk might not always think that of me, of course!! :p

Unexpected likes this.
  12. mac

But often we want to know, even if we don't need to know..... That's when learning is of help.

13. mac

so what? All states of being are states of being.

So wanting isn't all you receive from a state of wanting then.... You've mentioned two other things!

What if you DON'T choose to interpret the situation as "I am not getting what I want."? Then what happens?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Lessons in my life have unfolded as I need them and when I am mature enough to undertake them.

15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

If a person continues to want that is what he or she will be given in eternity?

16. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

"when I am mature enough to understand them" beautiful and deep Kim. I'm still growing into so much of what I've experienced.
    Peace.

17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thanks Bill, keep growing!!!:)

18. lovehim

lovehim Member

This thread has gotten very philosophical. Interesting to read as a bystander :)

Hardball likes this.