1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Seeing spirit

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wen redmond, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I'm glad you realized this. May it bring you peace.

2. Thanks. But now I want to learn more!

3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Well that is good. Just be careful who you ask for help. Mac and Roberta are generally great.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope you'll find ALF is a good place to help you learn. :)

Kurt likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm flattered but I'm simply one member and there are many others who may wish to offer their thoughts.

Kurt likes this.
  6. So just to continue my thread. After my friend died, after I had that strange encounter with the voice, I started having other encounters with strange dreams or something and some of them were kind of negative or scary. I think I’ve shut down to protect myself. But I’ve beginning to think I may be receptive or sensitive. I want to open the door again if that’s what I’m to do but I don’t want to be subject to negativity

7. mac

mac Staff Member

You are wise to be cautious. Sometimes mischievous or even malicious discarnates will present initially as if they're benign or helpful. I'm glad you've decided to shut down because I have often suggested that to others who are sensitive and have no-one to help them develop their attributes safely.

You're aware of the potential problem and that's a huge step forward but I don't know where you go next because in the US there isn't an equivalent of the long-established and supportive church and center organisations we have in the UK.

8. Thanks for your support and Encouragement to. I am looking. If I meant to see it or find it, I will.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

You might want to research material either online or in publication that may help you 'tune in' and - importantly - tune out to those 'over there'.

10. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Some if not most have the potential to be receptive towards entities in the astral realm/afterlife wether it be via a dream cycle, OBE, NDE, mediumship, meditation, etc.. Perhaps they may even be born with that natural sensitivity to tune into the other side of the veil due to what they may have charted for themselves before previously being born. However on the flip side, it may take others over time to develop.

Dealing with ‘negative entities’ if one has the potential to strongly tune into other realms and other planes of existence, unfortunately comes with the territory. The frustrating part for me was discerning whether what I was experiencing during astral traveling was of my own mind state or an actual visitation with someone or some other place. I’ve mentioned on a few occasions that I meet and greet with people who I don’t know all the time during my dream cycles and it felt truly real. I’ve learned that some people we may meet in our dreams can be guides, entities that we create who reflect ourselves, entities that we strive to be, and most importantly actual people we know and/or connect with wether in our realm or another.

It takes years of studies and reflection for some to figure out what they truly believe they are experiencing. Forums like these give you an extra nudge to help guide you on your path. At the end of the day however, it’s still all up to you :)

Also, pardon me if my grammar isn’t up to ‘par’ as well. I operate on an iPhone so I tend to type faster than what I’m thinking. I really need a desktop computer.