1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

sceptical question on signs

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I recently was talking to someone about my uncle Frank who has just passed away a few weeks ago,anyway I was talking to this other person about not getting a siign from him,then a small white feather floated down beside me.My point is that if he really did send that feather why not send lots of them at the same time floating all around me,then I would know it was him.I guess what I'm saying is why not make these signs more obvious or is it a case of that he is only allowed say send one feather,because if it was me sending them down I would make sure it was a huge sign so they would know it was me.this could apply to other signs also ,surely if you can send one feather you could send lots together. Your views greatly appreciated .

2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

To my opinion is not them sending feathers to us. They dont drop them. Same like they dont drop coins and whatsoever. They simply draw our attention to something close by. If there is a feather and someone wants to show that he or she is around they send a thought to look down or to the side or whatever. For me it is clear when the feather is a sign. There are many of them around, i see them everyday but just small amount of them is shown by Michel as a sign. Its like you get "poked" from somewhere and then suddenly notice the feater what had to be a sign from loved one :)

Kurt, mac and Bill Z like this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Well, I have a few things to say about this. The first thing is that if it helps someone to believe that a feather or a coin or a dragonfly or whatever is a sign from a dead loved one, then I'm not going to tell her/him that it isn't a sign. I don't know if it is actually a sign or not, but if it helps them then it still serves a good purpose, and continuing to live when your loved one (especially your spouse/partner or child, IMHO) has died is incredibly horrific, so if believing in a sign or signs helps, then go ahead and believe.

That said -- I do not think that every feather or coin or dragonfly or whatever is a sign from a dead loved one. I honestly don't know if anything is a sign, because I don't know if there is an afterlife in which our dead loved ones still exist and from which they can send us signs. For myself, while I appreciate anything that might be a sign, and I thank my husband for each possible sign even though I don't know if that's actually what they are or if they are just coincidences, I need more. I need real proof. I am sick of existing on the possible hope of scraps of signs, I just want to be with him again and forever.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm similarly unpersuaded that every apparent sign is an actual one....

But I have moved away from my earlier approach of thinking that mostly it was wishful thinking by the person reporting the occurrence. And in the past I've made points similar to David's. If our unseen, loved ones can send one feather - easily able to be discounted as a chance event - why can't they send something much less easy to discount?

Monika makes a good point that items are not sent so much as it's our attention being drawn to something unusual and thereby intended to be evidential. How that works out can be seen in accounts we hear; some individuals are absolutely convinced by what they consider as a sign yet others harbor doubts and uncertainties. Not an ideal way to convey the message of survival. :(

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I agree with mac,sometimes I often wander are there like rules in the afterlife ,or else maybe they would love to be able to send an indisputable sign rather than ust scraps of signs or there just not able to maybe they don't have enough energy ,I think robin's feathers coins,we see all these things anyway but when in grief we look for these things more because we are desperate for something.david