1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Salutations

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by silverfang77, Jul 20, 2017.

1. silverfang77

silverfang77 New Member

I'm interested in the paranormal and the afterlife. Also seeking to find out if Hell is truly just a construct by the church with no basis in scripture.

2. mac

mac old member Staff Member

Here we discuss the so-called afterlife and associated topics such as the paranormal - you'll find forums for raising points and asking questions. Scripture isn't part of such afterlife discussions, I suggest.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

... except that yours truly is happy to answer questions, provided that no one is attempting to preach or to convert!

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Welcome. You may find a lot of answers and/or leads to answers at ALF.
    As for hell and scripture, I have not personally studied and translated any "scriptures" from any culture so I am left with the questionable translations and 2nd hand opinions of so-called scholars.
    Have you examined and translated any original scriptures from any culture for your self?
    I'd want to do my own translating of a "scripture" rather than blindly accept the work of someone I don't even know so I don't take any "holy books" very seriously.
    IMO, one can directly access esoteric information (about hell, the paranormal, etc.) with: meditation, higher consciousness, self hypnosis, psychic practices, Ouija Boards, Pendulums, a Guru and maybe even some mind altering drugs so happy sailing............

5. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

It has been stated by several persons through the years that the biblical scriptures were written by persons with very limited knowledge about certain topics ( I think Roberta call them primitve Iron Age habitants or something like that) , and very gullible maybe? . If we right now only know a limited part of all the afterlife knowledge, imagine how were they back then....

They believed every single spirit communication they had and accepted it like canon, if a spirit who was passing a bad time in a lower astral level told them he/she was suffering forever trapped in a special eternal place they believe him/her... if a spirit with some ¨psychic or spiritual power¨ could do ¨miracles or spectacular things and he/she said he was God or even Satan they really believed that, even 1 John 4 said: Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God...

They didnt investigated,analyzed,compare with other sources (maybe with other religions or cultures? ) and the fact the scriptures and the leaders said that you mustn't be doing certain things like get along with people of other religions and those who modify even a letter of the scripture will be damned forever didn't help much either...

Well thats my opinion maybe Im wrong , im human after all
    Hahaha

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

You're right, Truth Seeker, and it's pretty frustrating as we try to assist in the elevation of all of mankind!