1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Sad news About an Afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Sep 26, 2020.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Sorry! I posted too quickly and can't fix the headline!

As I mentioned, earlier this year I attended an afterlife retreat in Florida which was presented by the non-profit group The Forever Family Foundation. If you're not familiar with them, they are worth checking out. I love their approach.

I learned about them 4 years ago after losing my girlfriend. I read "The Light Between Us" and saw their name.

They were founded in 2003 by Bob and Phram Ginsberg after the loss of their daughter. During the initial shock period I talk with Phran on the phone and via e-mail, trying to get things figured out. She was kind, patient, and very helpful. A terrific person.

It was great to meet her and Bob. We were drinking at around midnight on one of the seminar nights and I realized that they were just ordinary people on an extraordinary mission.

I just received an e-mail today saying that she had just died from pancreatic cancer. This came from nowhere.

Of course I feel terrible for Bob. He's a great guy and neither deserved this. Even with his beliefs he has to be a wreck.

But I can't help but wonder what can come from this. Their organization, after all, is dedicated to the belief of the survival of consciousness. Phran was right on board the whole time and was a driving force.
    I am really saddened by her loss and at the same time very curious to see if her deep dedication to the afterlife will somehow be made apparent. I wonder if it will make any kind of a difference with her ability to communicate with her husband, or with his ability to receive. I hope so.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

If you'd like the title changing let me know.

It's sad to hear the driving force of this organisation has passed. No matter how much we understand about survival et al it won't stop how we miss the physical presence of a loved one who has left this earth. It's only to be hoped 'The FFF' will continue to help other like yourself.

There's no predicting if or when Phran will communicate 'through the veil'. She'll now be with the daughter they lost all those years ago, though. You can only hope Bob will draw some comfort knowing that.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm still hoping you'll post a photo of both of you guys together. ;)

DenverGuy likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

It's a shame that Phran died, but if her husband has faith/belief in an afterlife, hopefully that will bring him some comfort.

baob likes this.
  5. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thanks, Mac. I am still working on that. I appreciate your reminding me. If you wouldn't mind, how can I edit the headline? Thanks again.

6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I agree. It will be interesting to hear his take on this.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Members can't edit the title of 'their' thread after posting it but I can if you'd like me to.

8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thanks, Mac, I think it's okay. I appreciate it, though.