1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Revisting Physcial Mediumship

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Matty Mo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Last week I interviewed the Zammits on this subject for a future Seek Reality podcast, and last evening I interviewed David Thompson. What I gather is that there are indeed physical mediums sitting in home circles who are experimenting with red light and low light - and David has done that in his home circle as well - but public seances in light are not in our immediate future. David told me this is clearly a goal, since it would be so perfectly evidential; but he said that his primary guide, William, is being very careful about it. David's attitude is that if he sits in the dark for another 20 years, and then in the last year of his physical mediumship he does seances in low light, that will be fine with him. What he seems most to enjoy is hearing about the wonderful reunions that happen (since he, poor chap, is always asleep at the time). David Thompson is a lovely man, incidentally. Perfectly gentle and unassuming and very friendly, but with a core of resolve. I find him to be delightful!

2. janef

janef Moderator

Oh, that is so exciting Roberta, I look forward to hearing them. I was so impressed with how humble David Thompson is, an amazing gift he has.

3. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Waller mentioned physical mediums that materialize in plain ol' day light, for the Chinese elite or something

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Thanks for letting us know what you said Waller.

5. normy

normy New Member

Thanks for the information first-hand from David Thompson; now we know something of his attitude

6. oUppY

oUppY New Member

Sometimes, materializations of spirits do not require the use of mediums or dark/red light. Dr. Raymond Moody and Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross both describe the materialization of a deceased person who visited them IN THEIR OFFICE, DURING THE DAY, in regular office light. The materializations were as fully humans as any human being would be if he or she had visited Moody or Ross in their office.

7. janef

janef Moderator

This is true. I have heard from reliable people who have seen them. What I don't understand is why they don't appear more often, for everyone that asks. Highlander was visited by his spirit guide in person. He said he looked fully human as normal as can be. Another person I know saw her deceased mother laying on the lounge chair smoking a cigarette!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I feel that these happenings are literally unbelievable unless they happen to you personally

9. janef

janef Moderator

I understand what you say, however, I do believe the people that have told me. My cousin had a serious surgery last year and every nite a little nurse came in late and tucked her in, saying something like "you will be fine, God is with you" When she checked out of the hospital a couple of weeks later, she said she especially wanted to thank the little nurse who came on the nite shift. She didn't remember her name but said she was black. They said they didn't have any black nurses working there.
    My cousin thinks she was an angel, or her spirit guide. :)

10. tradingdavid

tradingdavid New Member

That's neat jane.

Nirvana, I wouldn't believe anything even if I saw it myself unless I had extensive corroboration of similar occurrences and some idea of a theoretic framework on what was happening. However, I wouldn't disbelieve it either.

I would just take it as data. Better if you know the person somewhat like Jane or by reputation and work like Moody and K-R.

I had heard of these instances and they positively impacted my we are living in some sort of "thought being consciousness matrix thingy" worldview since they are unique individuals and these sounded like situations one is unlikely to misinterpret.

These kind of visitations seem to occur by higher level spirits then what are guiding David. William seems to be progressing spiritually by working with David. As "progression" occurs it would seem more functionality and information becomes available. These entities probably would have some concern with maintaining the believability factor of the matrix and may not appear in a way that could generate concrete proof.

11. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

oh I do believe everyone's accounts, Jane and David

That post was just my way of saying that it is completely awesome

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  12. janef

janef Moderator

Hi David! it was great meeting you at the conference. Yes, I respect your views and agree proof is something that is personal. So Nirvana... I totally understand where you are coming from as well. If I hadn't had some experiences myself, I probably wouldn't believe them myself!

13. I myself have seen a spirit in seemingly material form, a girl with brown hair at my parents house when I was little. For years I questioned it until one of my sisters mentioned she saw a solid type ghost with the same description. There is a ghost thread in iff topic where I talk about it more. Also I've had experiences where out of nowhere a couple of people have done kind deeds for me never to be seen again. Angels in human form? I'm not sure how this works but its fascinating.

14. janef

janef Moderator

I remember you telling about this, and she would be an 'earthbound' spirit/ghost right? I have told about several members of my family seeing them, I never have. But also those that have transitioned to heaven have shown up in physical. Wonder why they don't show up to everyone, Or is it some people can see them and some can't? I think it was our member, frith who recently told about his mother seeing his grandmother who just passed, but others in the room didn't see her.

15. I do think she was an earthbound spirit. It is strange isn't it. I have experienced other paranormal phenomena but that was shocking. I wonder if in some cases what we think are ghosts are beings in other time periods/dimensions playing out in the same space as ours. And on rare occasions one dimension will "bleed" into the the other one. I don't think that was the case with the person I saw but it may be in some cases. Of course in friths case that was a completely different situation. Maybe there was more openness on frith's part and therefore more of a likelihood that his grandma would show herself to him. Truly amazing............

16. janef

janef Moderator

Oh.. it was not frith himself, it was his mother who had the experience. maybe I need to pull up his post.. yikes, dont want to give false info. :eek:

here it is... from frith
    "I've mentioned it before on here, but my mother claims to have seen her father (my maternal grandfather) at the moment of his death standing in front of a black void in his usual clothes and hat. He told her to take care of her mother and then vanished."

17. No problem, actually you did say it was frith's mother who saw the person, not him. So my bad lol. In that case she probably saw him and no one else did because she was close to him and the mother would be too overwrought with grief. Anyway, interesting.

18. oUppY

oUppY New Member

I found a lot of first hand information on the Internet from David about David. Try Google. His 'tude matches up in person too.

19. janef

janef Moderator

20. janef

janef Moderator

It sure does! I met him and had a private conversation in Scottsdale after the conference. A wonderful human being!