1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Revisting Physcial Mediumship

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Matty Mo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

This youtube interview was quite fascinating; (scroll down to find)

A Brazilian realtor encounters human like entities who say they are from the Pleiades and state that the world is in for some dramatic changes very soon. The Pleiadians try to adjust his vibration and attempt to get him to walk into through a portal into their dimension. All he could see were some golden and red lights, and a white silhouette which he was able to have a long conversation with but was too energetic to approach.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Matty Mo, unfortunately you have been victimized by a debunker. You can safely ignore him. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but open-minded investigators have concluded that Leslie Flint was the real deal, and I believe them over this fellow, for sure. Besides, it doesn't matter whether one particular physical medium was real or was faking it. If even ONE physical medium is actually doing what he claims to be doing, then the phenomenon has been established. And people I trust claim that David Thompson is indeed that "white crow" physical medium.

3. Matty Mo

Matty Mo New Member

Indeed after hearing your interview with Donna Moncrieffe my curiosity is definitely piqued. For what it's worth I went to Mr. Donnis site, BadPsychics, just to get an alternate opinion. Believe me, he neither confirmed or dissuaded any of my thoughts on the matter but I did appreciate his insight on the matter. I've not been back to his site for a few years because his skepticism is just over the top in my opinion.

I'm going to do some more research on David Thompson, including the link janef posted, and I'll do my best to avoid any hardcore skeptic sites. :) Sorry, I'm not trying to dissuade others who believe in mediumship, this is just one of those areas I would need to have personal experience with to accept.

4. mac

mac host

I've found it's best to take Jon Donnis with a pinch (a few grains) of salt. We've often 'spoken' to one another on another website elsewhere and although he's well versed in what he says he's not - despite all his bluster - right on all things. And some of the things he claims are plain far-fetched and unsubstantiated.

But it can be a frustrating and tiring thing to debate with him and pointless unless you enjoy bashing your head against a brick wall!

5. mac

mac host

If you're in researching mode concerning claimed physical mediumship you might also want to take a look at Kai Mugge and Warren Caylor, both of whom are routinely touring and in the news....

6. Matty Mo

Matty Mo New Member

Thanks Mac, I appreciate the info. I recall you and I spoke about Mr. Donnis a few years back as well and I recall you mentioning you had some interesting back and forth with him. You are correct that I'm not taking everything he says at face value, it was interesting to hear an opposing viewpoint but as I noted earlier, although we remained civil, he was just entirely too dismissive of everything to spend much more time on his site.

7. Waller

Waller Senior Member

There are several people alive today who sat with Flint and had incontrovertible evidence of the survival of death. They are not hard to find.

The Leslie Flint Foundation is selling recordings while playing the copyright card prohibiting the publishing online of archives, free to the public, of the largest collection of Flint materials known on the planet at the Univ. Of Manitoba.

8. Waller

Waller Senior Member

Use Donnis for the purpose he best serves. To present his POV from which you can create one end of the idea spectrum. The negative end. On the positive end, take Roberta and her works, now stand right in the middle of those polar opposites and choose which represents your preference. Yin-yang. By doing so, you invalidate no one and leave yourself a clear path to choose as you wish.

The paradox in polarity is a fundamental structure of how the universe works.

P.S. I might strongly suggest that one finds another polar source than Donnis, personally, I find his so-called research to be self-fulfilling, his 'skepticism' to be unerringly pseudoskeptical, his agenda, at best, childish.

It is however your choice whose opinions make up the yin and the yang.

Roberta suggests that we ignore him, I understand this comment especially when one has to deal with pseudoskeptics as often as she does. After a time, you get worn out dealing with those who don't, at first blush, bring to the spiritual table a sense of genuineness and positivity.

I am unsure this is the best course of action, it wasn't for me, perhaps it is for her and others.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Our friend Victor Zammit calls these folks "closed-minded skeptics." You call them "pseudo skeptics," dear Waller. I call them "debunkers," which gets to the point of their self-appointed purpose:they never really STUDY anything. Their whole meaning and purpose is to try to cast enough doubt upon genuine phenomena that people will hold to the "scientific," materiality-based belief-system for awhile longer. People like these - and websites like Wikipedia - can be trusted NOT AT ALL when it comes to ANY of the phenomena that we discuss here. They are proselytizers for atheism. Their work is unadulterated turd soup. So there is no spectrum of truth in this at all: there is, in the end, either an open-minded search to understand what actually is going on, or there is the spreading of lies. Which you choose is up to you, but in truth there IS no in-between!

10. Waller

Waller Senior Member

Tomato, toMAto, all the same.

ROFL

No, there is not.

11. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Roberta, You make a great point about Wikipedia. Their articles always take a very mainstream, materialistic point of view. Any information added to an article that contradicts that pov, even with valid references, gets deleted.

12. Matty Mo

Matty Mo New Member

Stuff like this could have something to do with that. I don't know what it is but the woman in the video just rubs me wrong in so many ways. I think it all started with the way she wore her hat. :)

Fix Wikipedia Site
    Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia Video

13. Matty Mo

Matty Mo New Member

Thanks for the insight, Waller and Roberta. I like to consider all sources but ultimately it's my personal experiences that gave me final say on many things. Unfortunately I never had the chance to sit with Mr. Flint so I can only speculate based off of different resources I've looked into. I do appreciate insight from others not nearly as skeptically over the top, like Mr. Donnis, which is why I enjoy this site.

14. Highlander

Highlander Member

Thanks for the link, Matty. What's in her head is just as weird as what's on her head. She's very self-assured and as wrong as can be. Igoramuses are often cocky and kooky to boot!

15. Matty Mo

Matty Mo New Member

Happy to do so, I really try not to judge the character of a person based on their fashion sense but it didn't help alongside her smug attitude about changing other people's opinions. To each their own I guess.

16. normy

normy New Member

I see that about ten months has gone by since the last post on physical mediumship. Is there really such a lack of interest in this branch of evidence of survival?

17. janef

janef Moderator

Think its been discussed on other threads.. at least David Thompson has been discussed after the Scottsdale Conference. Is there anything new with physical mediumship in lighted rooms or dim light?

18. normy

normy New Member

I still don't know of any public demonstrations in lighted rooms or dim light. I have seen transfiguration, and paranormal phenomena suggesting survival, in lighted conditions in workshops held by my friend Jo, as I shared on here previously. There might be other physical mediums working in private circles in light, but I don't know of any. Dark circles are predominant and nothing seems to be changing at the moment.

19. Waller

Waller Senior Member

I can attest to the fact that there are PMs sitting in visible light producing partial and full photoplasmic spirit-beings of discarnates.

20. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

What are the names of the physical mediums that can do that?