1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I am deeply saddened by the death of John McCain. I still remember when he ran in 2008 and the parties on election night. I always admired his willingness to compromise and how much of a Maverick he was...

I got the news just after it broke.

John McCain.

As we all know here on the forums, there is no need to mourn for this great man, as he will ascend to a place of pure love. Instead, there is a need to feel deeply saddened for those he has left behind.

Fortunately however, we can easily be gladdened by remembering where he is now... In a place full of pure love, joy and the highest spiritual vibrations that the positive energy of this wonderful and beloved creation can offer.

It also let's us know to appreciate the people still living around us.

Some are less fortunate than others.

RIP John McCain

You will be greatly missed, and greatly celebrated.

Enjoy the summerlands. You deserve it.
    Every last second.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Few of those who have passed are heard from again in this world. Their time here over they moved on to whatever came next for them. This world continues after anyone's death; it always has. That applies in the case of politicians, celebrities and ordinary individuals alike.

But this afterlife website is one where the discussion of politics is not allowed and much as I liked John McCain, senator of my winter home of Arizona, he's a political figure.

I will edit or remove postings if they begin to discuss political issues.

3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

In a world where our president is 73 (I bring it up purely in the sense of health not politics... I'm being apolitical) people are expected to go into their 100s, not to mention all of the active people in their 90s, is it possible to say that he died relatively young?

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I was watching a BBC programme (not a junk production) recently when it was mentioned the average age of death for males was (I think - I don't reflect on it too often!) was 83. That means if I'm on the average I ain't got that long to go.... :(

Statistics may be presented in various ways to show various points and we need to be cautious about what we heed. Predictions of much longer lives doesn't necessarily mean they'll be rewarding lives - not an issue for me as I'll be dead and gone but it might be a concern for folk at the start of their adult lives. ;)

5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Mac, I really like you. I wish that you will be here when I'm your age via some medical miracles of the 20s....

Hopefully one day I'll meet you at the conference. I'll go next year.