1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I am deeply saddened by the death of John McCain. I still remember when he ran in 2008 and the parties on election night. I always admired his willingness to compromise and how much of a Maverick he was...

I got the news just after it broke.

John McCain.

As we all know here on the forums, there is no need to mourn for this great man, as he will ascend to a place of pure love. Instead, there is a need to feel deeply saddened for those he has left behind.

Fortunately however, we can easily be gladdened by remembering where he is now... In a place full of pure love, joy and the highest spiritual vibrations that the positive energy of this wonderful and beloved creation can offer.

It also let's us know to appreciate the people still living around us.

Some are less fortunate than others.

RIP John McCain

You will be greatly missed, and greatly celebrated.

Enjoy the summerlands. You deserve it.
    Every last second.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Few of those who have passed are heard from again in this world. Their time here over they moved on to whatever came next for them. This world continues after anyone's death; it always has. That applies in the case of politicians, celebrities and ordinary individuals alike.

But this afterlife website is one where the discussion of politics is not allowed and much as I liked John McCain, senator of my winter home of Arizona, he's a political figure.

I will edit or remove postings if they begin to discuss political issues.

3. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

In a world where our president is 73 (I bring it up purely in the sense of health not politics... I'm being apolitical) people are expected to go into their 100s, not to mention all of the active people in their 90s, is it possible to say that he died relatively young?

4. mac

I was watching a BBC programme (not a junk production) recently when it was mentioned the average age of death for males was (I think - I don't reflect on it too often!) was 83. That means if I'm on the average I ain't got that long to go.... :(

Statistics may be presented in various ways to show various points and we need to be cautious about what we heed. Predictions of much longer lives doesn't necessarily mean they'll be rewarding lives - not an issue for me as I'll be dead and gone but it might be a concern for folk at the start of their adult lives. ;)

5. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Mac, I really like you. I wish that you will be here when I'm your age via some medical miracles of the 20s....

Hopefully one day I'll meet you at the conference. I'll go next year.

6. mac

I don't want to be alive in this world beyond my chosen survival date but thank you for the kindness. :) I'm very unlikely to be at any of the dos in Scottsdale, though, or elsewhere in The Valley for that matter as their content doesn't have any appeal for me.

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Well.... I still wanna meet you in person one day. Who knows... Maybe it could happen.

8. mac

Never say never. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  9. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Mac, not sure if you're aware or not but John's mom has survived him...….she's 106! So it's possible you could be with us for another several decades:);)

Kurt likes this.
  10. mac

Never say never, eh? ;) I have parents who died at quite different ages but there's still no certainty my death would follow the pattern of either one. I'm 71 now and it's often occurred to me that I'm already in, or very close to beginning of, the final quarter of my life.

If I die at around 100 I'm not yet in the final quarter of my life here. BUT I may already be well into it and I could die pretty soon. :eek:;) Yuh never know what's comin'! :D

11. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Um, Donald Trump is 72. I know, because I am precisely two months younger than he is. Just sayin'.

pandora97 likes this.
  12. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Well mac I guess we should all remember that it's not the quantity but the quality that matters:D

13. mac

Yes I don't care for the "Never mind the quality, feel the width!" kind of deal. ;)

14. mac

On a serious note now, though, folk living longer sounds a great prospect but may I offer an alternative perspective?

When living-longer involves failing health and overpowering frailty, daily medication regimens that leave your head spinning, an even bigger struggle to make ends meet than you had when you were earning, and/or social isolation,
    is living-longer such a great attraction? They're just some of the issues facing some, probably many, old folk both here in the UK and I expect over-there in the USA.

Now responding to these issues debars most individuals younger than about 65 because if you are younger you likely don't have any idea what impact these situations can have - unless you've experienced 'em vicariously, perhaps caring for parents.

Those who have comfortable incomes, are well enough to work and are generally fit perhaps should also be debarred from commenting unless it's to support! :eek: :D

15. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Hence the saying I've spotted on more than a few tee shirts...."If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself" :eek:

Then again, how many of us would want to live forever here on earth? I'm not quite your age yet mac but I'm already tired of dealing with the lot of it.....:p

16. mac

When folk say they've had enough of this world and wouldn't be unhappy if they were out of it I understand their sentiments.... ;)

Yet often we may feel guilty about feeling that way because individuals whose specialty is knowing what's best for others tell us what's best for us, often individuals who have no idea about life, death and what follows. The "When you're dead you're dead so value every minute you're alive it's the only one you get....." bunch. Or we hear air-heads who don't have deep thoughts about anything.

I see things somewhat differently you might not be surprised to hear! :D hey, ho, onward and upward

pandora97 likes this.
  17. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself, I don't feel guilty for wanting to die, except for how much it would hurt my family. But life isn't always of value to the one living it (or it can become valueless to them, as mine has to me), so sometimes some people would rather just leave, and for me the opinions of anyone other than my loved ones hold no weight regarding this matter (as it pertains to me specifically, I mean). I do, however, wish that I could donate whatever years I will still be forced to live to someone(s) who really wants them, though -- perhaps a young parent or a child who is dying.

Kurt likes this.
  18. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

My thread... My thoughts...

It's not just the oldies who have a reason to not live forever based off of health concerns...

If you could stay young and still live forever, you would become so bored there would be no point in living and you would probably die from depression.

Which is why Søren Kierkegaard said death is to be looked forward to.

19. mac

No-one owns a thread. ;)

20. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

I do, however, wish that I could donate whatever years I will still be forced to live to someone(s) who really wants them, though -- perhaps a young parent or a child who is dying.[/QUOTE]

What a lovely and selfless thought...…...you have a generous heart:)

Bill Z and Kurt like this.
  21. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

IMO anything we want to know about the arrangements made for him we can see on television or read on line. Just sayin......

Kurt likes this.
  22. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

What a lovely and selfless thought...…...you have a generous heart:)[/QUOTE]

I would love to give them to people who died young. It would spill positive energy over into the lives of others as well.

23. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

True.... But it's still a McCain thread...

24. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Well thank you....it's partly selfish, though. I don't want the rest of my life, and there are good people who do want to live but who won't get the chance to do so. I know it isn't possible, but if I could give them my time then we would both/all benefit.

pandora97 likes this.
  25. mac

I've been heavy-handed with moderation in this thread and for that I apologise to Kurt. I was trying to avoid the thread becoming a political debate but I should have waited until that happened before taking action. sorry :oops:

Kurt likes this.
  26. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

These threads rarely end up discussing what was originally posted. Conversations evolve....lots of twists and turns as they progress. If you want to have complete control over a thread to discuss only your thoughts perhaps you should start a blog instead...……. :p:D

Kurt likes this.
  27. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

It's fine Mac.... I should have been more private about it.

No need to be sorry. You're still my favorite admin.

No need to sweat it. I kinda feel bad now...:oops:

It's fine... I should let the McCain thread die. It's gone. In the mean time, we should all carry on with the new topic.

I think we should make a new thread. On why not to live forever.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  28. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

My remark was not meant to be snarky......it's not in my nature. I was just poking fun in a playful manner (hence the :p:D emoji) so try not to be so sensitive or defensive.;)

Kurt likes this.
  29. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I see... I agree with you. I was being not only sensitive and defensive, but rude....

I'm sorry :oops:...

Hugs?o_O

30. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}:);)

Kurt likes this.