1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Responding to the Religionist's Challenge

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Types With Fingers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jimrich

jimrich Member

the obstacle

IMO, the only "obstacle" is one's lack of first hand, direct knowledge and experience with the Afterlife (and a lot of other things like: UFO, Government conspiracies, etc.) and that can only come from visiting a psychic or finding a way to have one's own, personal and direct experience of such things. Have all the discussions you want but none of that will ever replace: direct, real and actual experiences and contacts with those now living in the Afterlife. :)

2. jimrich

jimrich Member

Translating the bible

I'd just tell them, "Do your own translations from the original writings and then tell me what you have found."

And that "logical examination" would have to include the study and translation of the original work in my opinion. :)

3. jimrich

jimrich Member

visit a psychic

I'd just visit a psychic and get some first hand experiences communicating with those in the Afterlife or figure out how to connect with those over there on my own.

4. jimrich

jimrich Member

who loves and who dislikes

I (the Divine or Real) love my wife but I (the limited, little ego) do not like some of the things she is or does. I (the highest and best part of me) loved my mother but I (the angry, unhappy ego) did not LIKE much of what she was and did! I (the Real) love my self but I (the false ego) don't like some things about my self.
    Take your pick, folks!

5. jimrich

jimrich Member

the good boy

LOL, they are never going to admit or even recognize that their child is the victim of BAD PARENTING!

It's actually simpler than that. The one who "loves" (unconditionally) is the Divine or Infinite Self. The one who does not like, is judgmental and offers Conditional love is the little, limited egoic self who is actually incapable of UNCONDITIONAL love.

They, the personal, limited ego will hate the actions, but (the divine, unconditional, Christ-like Being) always love love (unconditionally) the person!

6. jimrich

jimrich Member

the challenge

It's a challenge to the limited, conditional ego but a piece of cake for the Divine Being that we truly are beyond our little egoic self.

7. mac

mac really-really-old member

Are you, then, saying you're a Spiritualist medium, an evidential medium? We Spiritualists are somewhat underrepresented and another around here would be rather nice. :)

Modern Spiritualism has its roots in the events in Hydesville, New York, in 1884 but it doesn't prove life after death so much as provide abundant evidence of it by way of evidential mediumship and the teachings of spiritually-evolved discarnate guides.

Unless one enjoys baiting religious fundamentalists there's probably no point in debating the issue of survival, the help that mediums can provide, with individuals whose religious conditioning leaves them slaves to it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. mac

What made you think I was offended?

9. georgek

georgek Member

Hmmmmmm...why are you talking about RELIGION when you told me not to?
    Is there one rule for some and not for others?

I quote:-

Perhaps I had made some good points...or why is it okay for some but not for others?
    I lose nothing...as I am fair. My extracts are also in The Cambridge dictionary as so was the the interpretation of Hell. So why is that?

If I am banned for speaking the hypocritical values that I see..then so be it!
    And why had mac, torn me down from post after post in support for these words?
    Nothing more than prejudice and the control of others.

Just my thoughts

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  10. mac

Your spat with Roberta - the website owner - is between you and her. Please do not use my name as if I were also involved.

11. georgek

georgek Member

Then you should not get yourself involved in support of Ms Greaves...'dear mac', as can be seen throughout this forum.
    As you yourself have put your name forward in nearly every point you had made in support of this action.

If religion must not be discussed, then it should be a general thing.
    The theme of this very post is religion orientated, as readers have the right to see they hypocritical values that allow some to dictate to others, whilst other members have to stay in silence.

12. mac

Your spat with Roberta - the website owner - is between you and her. Please do not use my name.

13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It's hard to imagine that you are unable to understand the difference between preaching religious dogmas and using the fact that certain things are or are not stated in written scripture as evidence of the fact that these things are said or not said in religious scripture, but in point of fact most others will understand that distinction.

I have very strong personal views that I DO NOT post here, although I certainly would have the right to do that! Our rules could, for example, say, "Only Roberta may say anything about spiritual matters, and you may not contradict what she says." But our rules say instead simply that this is a religion-free zone. I expect everyone else to respect that rule, so if you are in any doubt whatsoever about what you can say on a particular matter then it might be advisable for you simply to say nothing.

Kurt Cobain likes this.
  14. Steven Webber

Steven Webber New Member

hi...can someone help me? is it too late for me to get back on track? depression has hit me....again? i want to reap spiritual rewards and help others. i love having compassion for others, but i often cant feel it. please help. am i forever damned?

15. mac

As a layperson I have to say I think you need emotional/psychological counselling before you'll be in a position to spiritually help others. (assuming this is your wish?) You're not "forever damned" but depression can prevent regular, social functioning (as I'm sure you already know) and my thoughts are that it will be almost impossible for you to function spiritually whilst struggling with it.

16. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I would agree with Mac, Steven! There is no such thing as judgment by any religious figure or eternal damnation, so you needn't be concerned about that; but deep depression is often biochemical and it is difficult to escape it without counseling and perhaps chemical help.

17. Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain Member

IDK.... I mean I am a very melancholic person, but I somehow manage to make everyone else around me very happy. I just do not understand it. It is like I am an exception to the "Fix yourself first" rule. Yet my depression mainly stems from a sense of hopelessness concerning my current scenario... Mainly, I just focus on my future and what it holds for me.