1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Respect your elders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Dr. Brown, Oct 27, 2018.

1. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Kurt, remember, all those souls that committed all those atrocities were not like that before they incarnated and aren't like that when their time here ended and they returned home. Their real essence is just like ours. They are all connected to the same web of consciousness we are.

This world is a tough one. It breaks people. Some times our life plan goes horribly wrong. I know this from experience. Both of my parents were badly broken by circumstances that were beyond their control at a very early age. Neither were ever able to truly recover from those experiences...not here, anyway. It took me a long time to understand all of that.

So, I guess I would say, question everything but respect everything and forgive freely and remember that we are all part of the whole. I don't accomplish that all the time...not even close...but it helps me.

kim, pandora97 and Kurt like this.
  2. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

I treat everyone and everything with respect when we meet and sometimes my respect increases or decreases based on our interactions. I live in the nYC area and there is a lot of police abuse. A few months back two cops raped a woman in the back of their van and the prosecutor was dating one of the cops. I don't think I have to say much about the clergy. Many bring this lack of respect upon themselves because of their behavior but I continue to be respectful of others until others cause that to change.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I'll definitely help. If I ever see an older person who needs it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

This is the most insightful thing I have seen so far.

Thank you for sharing.

yewman54 likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Exactly, same here. And/or based on their actions towards and interactions with other people (particularly in the case of politicians, celebrities, etc -- people I'm unlikely to meet in real life).

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Celebrities are definitely not on my too meet list...

Politicians can be like bad cats.... That's the best way I can put it, sadly.

After I met some..... Those guys can sometimes be pretty far removed from good. 2 in my mind stand out.

It is possible to find nice ones, but can be hilariously frustrating to see local politicians who think they are the undeclared Kings of the western hemisphere....

We get it, you can pave roads and tax the alcoholics...

You'd think....

The guy in now is tearing down monuments, raising age requirements for just about everything and very much behaves in real life like he's a king ...

But.... Hes approachable and said he can get me a job under him.... He pays well..... So..... I guess I have to sing songs of praise until I move up the ladder. .

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  7. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

It works both ways........respecting your juniors/children! As a child, I noticed that elders had to be respected, no matter what, while us kids were seldom ever respected by the elders. Why? Obviously, the kids did not have the power to demand respect - no matter what. But as I grew, I could see that respect often has to be earned and many elders simply did not DESERVE respect any more than us kids. Now that I am an adult, it's obvious that many unquestioned values and cliches our culture holds are NOT OK and need to be questioned like:"respect your elders". I'd say: respect your elders if and when they DESERVE respect & not simply because they are older than you. Most cliches need to be examined and questioned, in my opinion.

Highlander likes this.