1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Respect your elders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Dr. Brown, Oct 27, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

Good morning Kurt.....

Kurt likes this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Careful now. Maybe get back to your studies.

3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

?

4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I thought you were on my side......

I even spoke nicely of you:(

5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Good morning Pandora97. I hope you have a wonderful day.

6. pandora97

Thank you Kurt.

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Would any of the older members mind responding? I would love to hear their opinions...

And don't worry, I will not be offended.

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I would like to add that I do not continue respecting elders... I just do not agree with blindly following them...

9. mac

mac Staff Member

That's an old saying and although I'm probably known for using old sayings it isn't one you'll hear from me. :D

Being older than many/most here on ALF still doesn't mean I'm an 'elder' and I wouldn 't want/expect respect just because I'm 'elderly' - OLD!

What I would welcome, though, is respect (help) when I'm unable to function as I once could.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  10. pandora97

I believe what the professor is missing are actually the days when all children were taught to respect their elders. And also anyone of authority. Such as our teachers, policemen/women, clergy, and so on. We stopped teaching it long ago, hence we can't expect it any longer.