1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Respect your elders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Dr. Brown, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown New Member

So what happened to the concept if respecting your elders?

2. Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown New Member

I feel like over time it has gone down a slippery slope at alarming rates.

70 yrs. ago it was uncalled for to disrespect peopep older than you. Now it is encourage.

Sad!

3. Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown New Member

Any thoughts or have I just aged badly?

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I suspect that it goes hand in hand with respecting this nation and its founding principles. It isn't just our elders that today's youth disrespect, but it seems to be pretty much everything of enduring value. I do think, though, that the pendulum may be in the process of swinging back again....

pandora97 and Bill Z like this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I give everyone a certain base level of respect, unless/until they demonstrate that they don't deserve it. Others will, over time, gain an increased level of my respect, based on their actions.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it, however. I don't accord increased respect to a person simply because s/he is older....length of time spent alive is irrelevant. That base level of respect for all is automatic, and anything more is earned via behavior/actions.

Kurt and Bill Z like this.